Page 38 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048881385381038 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Sometimes I think birds are really aliens from other planets. Okay, perhaps that is a stretch, but I think they are much more intelligent and "knowing" than we give them credit for.

They watch us. They're up to something. And something big. I just know it.

-EarlJam
    Didn't you have this same suspicion with cats a few weeks back?

Hmm, I thought delusional paranoia usually had an onset in males in their early 20's...

Or MAYBE, cats and birds just pretend to hate each other, but they're really alien species in cahoots against us humans. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    You're channeling "Deep Thoughts" from SNL, right?

Birds ARE up to something. They see each of us with a gigantic bull's-eye atop our head. At least, that was Gary Larson's theory.
    Excess testosterone has done it's job on my head hair - I'm bald on top. Just a few years ago I suffered from "male pattern baldness" with a nice round bald spot. With the bird lead in, you can see where this is going.

My family and I were fixin to get in the car, when a rather large bird, perhaps a crow (I didn't get a good look at the perpetrator), struck a bull's eye right in my spot. Splat! To this day, my 3 kids think it was the funniest moment in the history of the world.

I like birds, and my American Indian guiding spirit is a hawk. Something was clearly wrong with my karma and the bird was giving me a strong signal. What signal, I'm still figuring out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Excess testosterone has done it's job on my head hair - I'm bald on top. Just a few years ago I suffered from "male pattern baldness" with a nice round bald spot. With the bird lead in, you can see where this is going.

My family and I were fixin to get in the car, when a rather large bird, perhaps a crow (I didn't get a good look at the perpetrator), struck a bull's eye right in my spot. Splat! To this day, my 3 kids think it was the funniest moment in the history of the world.

I like birds, and my American Indian guiding spirit is a hawk. Something was clearly wrong with my karma and the bird was giving me a strong signal. What signal, I'm still figuring out.
    One summer at the beach, a pelican crapped on my dad. Pelicans are big birds (something like 5-foot wingspans).
    And they eat fish.
    It was the most hilariously revolting thing I've ever experienced.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    One summer at the beach, a pelican crapped on my dad. Pelicans are big birds (something like 5-foot wingspans).
    And they eat fish.
    It was the most hilariously revolting thing I've ever experienced.
    That story way beats mine, so not trying to top at all, however I did want it known that I, EarlJam, have been sh@#t upon by a seagull.

-Dan

Talking Hmm...

Hey Bostondevil: Are we there yet?

Talking Holy Moly

Umm... they're forecasting 1-3" of snow in metro Atlanta by mid-morning tomorrow, or so says WSB-TV. I'll believe it when my daughter throws a snowball at me.

I guess Sonny has been doing a lot of praying lately.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Last edited by Lavabe; 01-18-2008 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Source

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    After making now 108 posts in here, I sure hope so!

Umm... they're forecasting 1-3" of snow in metro Atlanta by mid-morning tomorrow, or so says WSB-TV. I'll believe it when my daughter throws a snowball at me.

I guess Sonny has been doing a lot of praying lately.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I came up to the mountains to see my lady this weekend; we're in line for twice as much!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    No, now don't ask again or do I have to pull the car over?

Actually, we are now the longest thread, go us! But we have no shot at catching the most views thread which is over 70,000. What, 70,000 views, how is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Actually, we are now the longest thread, go us! But we have no shot at catching the most views thread which is over 70,000. What, 70,000 views, how is that possible?

Yeah, strange isn't it. 70,000 views on a basketball recruit at a website about basketball. Definitely need the auditors to come in...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yeah, strange isn't it. 70,000 views on a basketball recruit at a website about basketball. Definitely need the auditors to come in...
    I forgot to put the little smiley face thingie in my post. Here, I'll do it now

Red face I need to be a weather forecaster

DRIZZLE, with maybe a little freezing spritz, and a tad of sleet so far this morning.

OOH ... but here's a flurry.

1-3"? Hardly so far.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

How messed up is it...

... that the snow all went SOUTH of here!! I want snow!

Talking It's not 1-3", BUT ...

We have 1/2 inch, it's sticking on everything other than the roads, everything looks white, and it's still coming down (light).

Folks in the Triangle should have some fun with this. I believe it's headed your way.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

weather

We have 1/2 inch, it's sticking on everything other than the roads, everything looks white, and it's still coming down (light).

Folks in the Triangle should have some fun with this. I believe it's headed your way.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    About 40 in Raleigh right now and the snow just started. I heard that it is hot as he!! 8 miles south on 15-501, I rarely miss an opportunity to tell unc to go to hell, especially with a weater topic . Thanks for the set-up, Lavabe! Mrs. Devildeac and I are departing for the game shortly to connect with Devildeac daughter #2 and OZZIE, of course and hopefully lay a large can of whoop I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. down on the tiggers.

Total snowfall in the western NC mountains was likewise underwhelming today; a bit more than in Atlanta, but as lavabe noted in that case, it stuck to everything but the roads.

Just a little snow here in Chicago, but the windchill is -25 right now. Just a tad chilly. Not a good night to go outside and fry a turkey.

Random thought:

We all could use a little more

It has gotten kind of slow in here...

In honor of tomorrow's holiday

Dr. King's speeches are available here:

as #1 I Have A Dream, #15 I've Been To The Mountaintop, #43 A Time To Break The Silence

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/top100speechesall.html

yogurt, yogurt, yogurt

I know how much billybreen and Lavabe like to talk about yogurt, and we haven't discussed it in a few days . . .

Did you ever see the web site:

http://badgerbadgerbadger.com

The kids think it's very funny.