Page 298 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1982482882962972982993003083483987981298 ... LastLast
Results 5,941 to 5,960 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I called her yesterday evening and left a message (methinks she was at work...or maybe me just hopes). We'll see what happens in the way of response today.
    d'oh, not a message!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    d'oh, not a message!
    What? Bad move? I figured it left the ball in her court, saved me from having to call multiple times (thus eliminating the potential creepy factor), and generally covered my bases well. Ah well, if she finds it unsatisfactory, then I at least have very little invested at this point. Furthermore, I have now broken the ice of one totally self-initiated obtaining of a telephone number, so it will be ever easier from here on out.

To paraphrase Hugh Jackman - the point is to keep the ball in your court. Nothing to be done for it now.

To paraphrase Hugh Jackman - the point is to keep the ball in your court. Nothing to be done for it now.
    Meh, whatever. She'll call me back if she wants to, and if she doesn't want to, then it's her loss and $40-50 extra in my pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Famous?
    The term was loosely applied. Kinda like using the term gentleman when I'm around...

That line was delivered to Brecken Meyer's character at 2:00 a.m. when the he wanted to call and "put the ball in her court." Plus, the Brecken Meyer's character and the girl (Patrice) already knew each other. I have seen this movie way too many times!

I think wilson leaving a message was fine. If he hadn't, and kept calling to actually get hold of her, that would have been creepy.

Will be interesting to see how soon before she calls. Is she going to play games, or will she call him back today?

And at least he didn't leave 10 messages. That would have been unambiguously bad.

Actually, I think I'll call her again in a minute and say, "Well, my internet friends told me I wasn't supposed to leave a message, so I just figured I'd try again. You can call me back whenever. I won't be too busy; I'll just be over here reading history books and hanging out with my internet friends."

Actually, I think I'll call her again in a minute and say, "Well, my internet friends told me I wasn't supposed to leave a message, so I just figured I'd try again. You can call me back whenever. I won't be too busy; I'll just be over here reading history books and hanging out with my internet friends."
    Increase the creepy factor - call and hang up 10 times first. If she has caller ID, she can think you are stalking her.

Am I the only person without caller ID on my land line? Am I the only one with a land line?

BillyBreen - congratulations on 5,000 posts. Just think where you could have been if you hadn't let the election get in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Am I the only one with a land line?
    HAHAHAHA, is that one of those weird old phones with, like, a cord?

HAHAHAHA, is that one of those weird old phones with, like, a cord?
    Only one has a cord between the handset and the base. I have two cordless phones - one that the base doesn't have a cord into the wall at all. I'm really getting advanced!

And, do it in your pirate voice. That ought to really score points for you.

BillyBreen - congratulations on 5,000 posts. Just think where you could have been if you hadn't let the election get in the way.
    Exactly why I needed time off. I have no impulse control.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Exactly why I needed time off. I have no impulse control.
    That's why people keep mentioning group therapy rates

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That's why people keep mentioning group therapy rates
    I'm all about the cold turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I'm all about the cold turkey.
    We'll all have that in a bit more than 2 weeks...

You're on the right path wilson, I don't see any harm in leaving a message. When you have to start worrying about crap like that you're moving into "game playing" territory and that's just lame. However, I would be highly amused if you did call and leave the above mentioned voice-mail.

Increase the creepy factor - call and hang up 10 times first. If she has caller ID, she can think you are stalking her.

Am I the only person without caller ID on my land line? Am I the only one with a land line?
    Most people I know without caller ID are older than 60 (parents, aunts, uncles, in-laws). Not sure about the land-line demographics - probably older than 35 is my guess.

Unless you enjoy talking to machines and strangers, you NEED caller ID. We aggressively screen calls. In addition to the cordless, we actually have TWO corded phones with the twisty thingie that gets all tangled up. They must be at least 20 yrs old...

EJ, feel like doing any polling on assorted phone configurations?

"...oh by the way, week after next is better for me, my calendar opens up after I get this little bracelet removed from my ankle."