Page 297 of 3369 FirstFirst ... 1972472872952962972982993073473977971297 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 67371
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Birthdays remind me of what I haven't done/accomplished. They bum me out.
    We need to shift your attitude. You should reflect on what you have done and accomplished. Then look at how much more knowledge you have to accomplish the other things on your list. Take those curls that you discovered this year out to celebrate your birthday.

Admitting my Duke trivia ignorance here - who is Bernie Janicki?

(played 1952-1954, had 923 rebounds)
    Last edited by DukieInKansas; 11-11-2008 at 05:29 PM. Reason: eta 2x - question & answer

Birthdays remind me of what I haven't done/accomplished. They bum me out.
    Gotta change the mojo then. Forget about whatever day it says on your driver's license. Pick a day, any day, once a year, when you get to do whatever the @#$@# you want, and then do it. (or don't do whatever the #@$@#$ you don't feel like doing... your call either way...)

"Today," laughs the Bird, "eat whatever you want.
    Today no one tells you you cawnt or you shawnt.
    And today, you don't have to be tidy or neat.
    If you wish, you may eat with both hands and both feet!"
    - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    We need to shift your attitude. You should reflect on what you have done and accomplished. Then look at how much more knowledge you have to accomplish the other things on your list. Take those curls that you discovered this year out to celebrate your birthday.

Admitting my Duke trivia ignorance here - who is Bernie Janicki?

(played 1952-1954, had 923 rebounds)
    Curls good. Birthdays bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    You're welcome, but I'm not Breen.
    Oops...sorry, dude. But seriously, thanks for the good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Show up to the first date fully dressed in your pirate outfit. When you meet, ask her, "Arrrrrrrrrrrrr you ready for a good time?"

-EarlJam
    Like this, you mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Like this, you mean?
    Yep, you could up the ante by jamming a ship's steering wheel into your pocket and saying "Arrrrr, it's driving me nuts."

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Like this, you mean?
    Looks like you're sporting a throaty beard.

Hopefully the mojo is good here, as I am taking on the impossible. Yep, I bought a lottery ticket(two in fact). If I hit it big, I will split it(50% for me/the rest for them) with a couple of veterans organizations. Big being anything over $10.

Wilson - where's the update? You were supposed to call her before tipoff. You're running out of time.

He's still got a half hour or so...right?

So back to 2535's birthday bash on Saturday night... if anyone is in SoCal, we're going to see Kevin Nealon and I have 2 extra tix. Takers?

(The afternoon will consist of USC basketball, followed by dinner/drinking/drinking/drinking, followed by comedy, followed by drinking, followed by crashing.)

(The afternoon will consist of USC basketball, followed by dinner/drinking/drinking/drinking, followed by comedy, followed by drinking, followed by crashing.)
    Hmmm, no eating...sorry I need food.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Hmmm, no eating...sorry I need food.
    Dinner was mentioned. Go reread.

Why no chat tonight?

Haha, I lost it in all the drinking. Multi-tasking with other stuff...I stopped by but didn't stick around.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Well, I just got through watching parts of '27 Dresses' and 'Music and Lyrics' on HBO something or other. Why, do you ask? I actually know the actress who plays the yoga instructor in '27 Dresses' and I get a kick out of seeing her. I love the music video from 'Music and Lyrics', POP goes my heart indeed. But the main reason I needed to watch these movies, besides my husband being out of town, is that I've been kinda depressed all day.

Yes, it's true, I hated the last book of that 'Twilight Saga' so much it actually put me into a funk. That's how much I hated that book. I hated it in a how could the author be so irresponsible kind of way. Plus it grossed me out. Plus it needs a serious edit. I'm mostly over the depression, now I'm just pissed off. Hate, hate, hatin' on that book. I'd read Will Blythe's stupid Duke hating book before I'd travel back into the Twilight world again.

Note, I did not hate the first three. I can't say I loved them but the story pulled me in and I wanted to know how it all came out in the end. Now I really wish I didn't know.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    They are better than the alternative!
    Oh, no, not the famous Ymo "dirt nap" reference.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yep, you could up the ante by jamming a ship's steering wheel into your pocket and saying "Arrrrr, it's driving me nuts."
    Good joke, especially about 90 miles east of here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Wilson - where's the update? You were supposed to call her before tipoff. You're running out of time.
    I called her yesterday evening and left a message (methinks she was at work...or maybe me just hopes). We'll see what happens in the way of response today.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Oh, no, not the famous Ymo "dirt nap" reference.
    Famous?

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Well, I just got through watching parts of '27 Dresses' and 'Music and Lyrics' on HBO something or other. Why, do you ask? I actually know the actress who plays the yoga instructor in '27 Dresses' and I get a kick out of seeing her. I love the music video from 'Music and Lyrics', POP goes my heart indeed. But the main reason I needed to watch these movies, besides my husband being out of town, is that I've been kinda depressed all day.

Yes, it's true, I hated the last book of that 'Twilight Saga' so much it actually put me into a funk. That's how much I hated that book. I hated it in a how could the author be so irresponsible kind of way. Plus it grossed me out. Plus it needs a serious edit. I'm mostly over the depression, now I'm just pissed off. Hate, hate, hatin' on that book. I'd read Will Blythe's stupid Duke hating book before I'd travel back into the Twilight world again.

Note, I did not hate the first three. I can't say I loved them but the story pulled me in and I wanted to know how it all came out in the end. Now I really wish I didn't know.

I hope you are out of your funk. Surely the basketball game helped. (I know - don't call you Shirley. )