Page 297 of 789 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299307347397 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,940 of 15774
  1. #5921
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    On post 5916, I staated three.

    It would have been more genius to do it in FIVE threads.
    I selected the 3 threads you were most likely to read.

    Next time I may do it with footnotes or an annotated bibliography, if I could remember how to do one.

  2. #5922
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I selected the 3 threads you were most likely to read.

    Next time I may do it with footnotes or an annotated bibliography, if I could remember how to do one.
    And did you see post #15 in the "Did you see the space shuttle tonight?" thread? You COULD have gotten 4 in ... easily.

    Now THAT'S a court worth going to!

  3. #5923
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just wanted to be sure Lavabe noticed and passed it on to ILJ.
    Riiiiiiiiiight. Could it also be that you don't get credit for PM's?

  4. #5924
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    You know, all the condiment, Scrabble, pickle, and "Off with your head" talk has put this thread in serious danger of falling to the second page.

  5. #5925
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You know, all the condiment, Scrabble, pickle, and "Off with your head" talk has put this thread in serious danger of falling to the second page.
    Preposterous!
    On with your head for rescuing it.

  6. #5926
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Preposterous!
    On with your head for rescuing it.
    The proper answer would have been:

    SORRY!

  7. #5927
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You know, all the condiment, Scrabble, pickle, and "Off with your head" talk has put this thread in serious danger of falling to the second page.
    And I haven't even been involved in the pickle discussion!

  8. #5928
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    The proper answer would have been:

    SORRY!
    In a bit of thread bleed, Sorry! is a great board game, too. We used to play about half a dozen games in row every time we got the thing out.

  9. #5929
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SoCal
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    In a bit of thread bleed, Sorry! is a great board game, too. We used to play about half a dozen games in row every time we got the thing out.
    I liked Mouse Trap, Life, & Candyland as a kid. Monopoly sometimes.

    Though not a board game, Operation also.

  10. #5930
    I used to play board wargames. They never translated them well into computer games. Well, they did but the games have been passed by.

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  11. #5931
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I used to play board wargames. They never translated them well into computer games. Well, they did but the games have been passed by.
    You should try Age of Empires. I flippin' love Age of Empires.

  12. #5932
    I tried an earlier version. I stuck with Civ through its various incarnations...

    Where'd all the Kleenex go?

  13. #5933
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I need a jump start.

  14. #5934
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I need a jump start.
    Is it that cold in Boston?

  15. #5935
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Just to share here --

    I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

    I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

    Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

    And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.

  16. #5936
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Oh, and also to share -- thanks, MBB team, for winning a game on my b-day yesterday. I didn't get to watch, as I was still at work, but it was nice to know the game was going on and our guys pulled it out.

    My b-day treat to myself was hiring housekeepers to come in and clean the place up. It's so nice to go into this weekend not worrying that i have to spend the next two days cleaning for my parents' arrival next week! Ahh, shiny clean bathrooms and floors -- loverly.

  17. #5937
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Oh, and lastly, Mr. DA rocks for, amongst other nice touches yesterday, getting me microwaveable socks as a b-day present! My feet are always cold, so he went out and found "Spa Socks," to help keep my tootsies toasty!

    My plan for tomorrow evening, after being full on crab, is to curl up on the couch with my hot socks, with some Mac & Jack's beer, and watch the tivo'd Duke vs. Mich game. Bliss!

  18. #5938
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just to share here --

    I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

    I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

    Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

    And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.
    Sounds delicious. Post reviews on the "ymm, beer" thread. Send a growler or two if you can (unrealistic expectation)

  19. #5939
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oh, and lastly, Mr. DA rocks for, amongst other nice touches yesterday, getting me microwaveable socks as a b-day present! My feet are always cold, so he went out and found "Spa Socks," to help keep my tootsies toasty!

    My plan for tomorrow evening, after being full on crab, is to curl up on the couch with my hot socks, with some Mac & Jack's beer, and watch the tivo'd Duke vs. Mich game. Bliss!
    Microwaveable socks? Never heard of such thingies. I'd hang onto that guy for a while. A LONG while.

  20. #5940
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just to share here --

    I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

    I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

    Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

    And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.
    Crab Hunting and a Crab Boil. I am seriously jealous. Post your Crab Boil recipe on the Official Recipe Thread. It needs resurrecting.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •