Page 296 of 786 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 15717
  1. #5901
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I found this on the second page. Not sure what it was doing there...
    That's no place to spend a birthday!

  2. #5902
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I found this on the second page. Not sure what it was doing there...
    waiting for you to rescue it...

  3. #5903
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    That's no place to spend a birthday!
    Wait a minute, I thought the LTE birthday was DECEMBER 20th.

    Or were you talking about your own birthday from earlier in the week?

    I feel like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.

  4. #5904
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    I think that, if we really put our minds to it, we can throw down 1000 posts on the LTE's birthday. It's the Saturday before Christmas, and since we're all such diligent little elves, I know we'll all be done with our shopping. My friends' annual Christmas bash is at my house the night before, so I fully expect to be royally hung over. That makes me good for a lot of posts (and once I pull through, I suspect that another round of drinking will render my posts progressively more gratuitous and less coherent).
    It would take 41.67 posts an hour for the entire day to get 1000. That's a post every 1:26.
    Can we do it?

  5. #5905
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile Anyone up for Duke Jeopardy on the LTE on 12/20?

    Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I think that, if we really put our minds to it, we can throw down 1000 posts on the LTE's birthday. It's the Saturday before Christmas, and since we're all such diligent little elves, I know we'll all be done with our shopping. My friends' annual Christmas bash is at my house the night before, so I fully expect to be royally hung over. That makes me good for a lot of posts (and once I pull through, I suspect that another round of drinking will render my posts progressively more gratuitous and less coherent).
    It would take 41.67 posts an hour for the entire day to get 1000. That's a post every 1:26.
    Can we do it?
    We have had a lot of difficulty but after three tries, we did manage to do an LTE post in every hour for 24 hours. I don't believe we got above twenty posts in any one hour.

    Another complication is that 'breen is traveling that day.

    Perhaps you could recruit greybeard and Shammrog to take billybreen's place?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe

  6. #5906
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Or we could set a more manageable goal, like 250 posts, slightly more than 10 an hour, that I bet we could do.

  7. #5907
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow, we're closing in on 6000, seems like we just passed 5000. Is this thread finally picking up steam?

  8. #5908
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    We have had a lot of difficulty but after three tries, we did manage to do an LTE post in every hour for 24 hours. I don't believe we got above twenty posts in any one hour.

    Another complication is that 'breen is traveling that day.

    Perhaps you could recruit greybeard and Shammrog to take billybreen's place?

    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Their posts are WAYY too long

  9. #5909
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Or we could set a more manageable goal, like 250 posts, slightly more than 10 an hour, that I bet we could do.
    If we want to set a slightly higher goal - 366. The number of days the LTE has been existence on the anniversary date.

  10. #5910
    Hopefully I will be done with my Christmas shopping. Perhaps that will be my Christmas craft present day. Nevertheless, will try to do my part to meet whatever goal we set for the day.


    I am a Blue Devil worshiper!

  11. #5911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Wait a minute, I thought the LTE birthday was DECEMBER 20th.

    Or were you talking about your own birthday from earlier in the week?

    I feel like Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer.
    It is 12/20. I guess I was caught up in all the excitement of the anniversary. I will be in Charlotte, and shall have a pint or seven in honor of the thread.

  12. #5912
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    ATTN: Lavabe-please look up your favorite coconut custard loving poster.

  13. #5913
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    ATTN: Lavabe-please look up your favorite coconut custard loving poster.
    Now that's a shameless post pad if I've ever seen one.

  14. #5914
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Now that's a shameless post pad if I've ever seen one.
    But what was great about it is he left me messages in at least THREE separate threads.

    TRULY a work of PW GENIUS!!

  15. #5915
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    But what was great about it is he left me messages in at least THREE separate threads.

    TRULY a work of PW GENIUS!!
    I was JUST coming back to post the links to the other messages. Genius indeed.

  16. #5916
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I was JUST coming back to post the links to the other messages. Genius indeed.
    And if Sue's around on the boards tonight, YOU may be crossing into the 2,000 zone later today!!

    Congrats!!

    NOTE: which will mean you'll be hitting Spanarkel level soon as well, which will mean devildeac will post another three posts, you'll comment twice, and so will I.


  17. #5917
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    But what was great about it is he left me messages in at least THREE separate threads.

    TRULY a work of PW GENIUS!!
    It was ONLY 3.

  18. #5918
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    I was JUST coming back to post the links to the other messages. Genius indeed.
    Thanks. (bows graciously)

  19. #5919
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    It was ONLY 3.
    On post 5916, I staated three.

    It would have been more genius to do it in FIVE threads.

  20. #5920
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    And if Sue's around on the boards tonight, YOU may be crossing into the 2,000 zone later today!!

    Congrats!!

    NOTE: which will mean you'll be hitting Spanarkel level soon as well, which will mean devildeac will post another three posts, you'll comment twice, and so will I.

    Just wanted to be sure Lavabe noticed and passed it on to ILJ.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •