Page 286 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 1862362762842852862872882963363867861286 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 67649
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    I'm hopeful that the recycling or reuse can be efficient.

A paper or cardboard cup would be environmentally friendly and perhaps similar to the plastic cup in production costs.

Reusing the plastic cup would drastically reduce waste. The cost is mostly soft cost of time and a marginal energy cost for any cleaning of the cup.
    So you find a way to clean the cups... now we have to figure out how to pack them and make them brew ready. Should we assume that each person shall have to repack their own cup or will this be handled prior to setting the cups in the cafeteria.

Either way, I'm thinking of those badge-a-minute machines or a bottle capper to be retrofitted to stamp the foil lid. Now all we need is foil and FDA approved adhesives, or some other way to seal the foil around the cup as I imagine this is crucial to their brewing process.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Fish80, how is the water fed to your pot?
    The water supply to the machine is the same source as our office tap water, a hose connects to the back. We're in Stamford, CT, and the public water supply is pretty good. Most of it comes from reservoirs in CT and surrounding states.

Yikes, could it be the pot?
    My taste buds find it revolting that I'm drinking Green Mountain Roasters, Breakfast Blend, at work.

Or, it is the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    My taste buds find it revolting that I'm drinking Green Mountain Roasters, Breakfast Blend, at work.

Or, it is the machine.
    This goes back to Tech Support or Quality Assurance 101. Something works in one location, but doesn't work in another; what's different? We could assume Green Mountain Roasters do some level of quality control and that their brews are consistent. If so, that leaves the water supply and the machine as probable culprits. It's probably too difficult to trade machines (unless you have willing participants) so I'd start with the water. What do they use at work?

This goes back to Tech Support or Quality Assurance 101. Something works in one location, but doesn't work in another; what's different? We could assume Green Mountain Roasters do some level of quality control and that their brews are consistent. If so, that leaves the water supply and the machine as probable culprits. It's probably too difficult to trade machines (unless you have willing participants) so I'd start with the water. What do they use at work?
    Some companies put out what appears to be the same product, with only the slightest difference in labeling/naming. This allows them to put a different version of the same product in the package, and it could be a lesser version, and the consumer usually doesn't notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Some companies put out what appears to be the same product, with only the slightest difference in labeling/naming. This allows them to put a different version of the same product in the package, and it could be a lesser version, and the consumer usually doesn't notice the difference.
    Does that mean the Green Mountain Roasters we have for the Keurig thing, may not actually be GMR?

Does that mean the Green Mountain Roasters we have for the Keurig thing, may not actually be GMR?
    Exactamundo! It could be sawdust!

Exactamundo! It could be sawdust!
    That would explain everything!!

Though I still like the theory that my taste buds find it unacceptable that I'm drinking at work. Per the taste buds, I should be at home, or better still at UVM (without the schoolwork of course).

As long as we're inventing, let's step outside the box. Wait, to quote another poster (Wilson?), let's burn the box and dance around the fire naked.

Our preeminent resident scientists can help us genetically engineer a beast that eats coffee beans and excretes perfectly brewed coffee.

A starting point is a cat - goat hybrid with some frog genes mixed in.

As long as we're inventing, let's step outside the box. Wait, to quote another poster (Wilson?), let's burn the box and dance around the fire naked.

Our preeminent resident scientists can help us genetically engineer a beast that eats coffee beans and excretes perfectly brewed coffee.

A starting point is a cat - goat hybrid with some frog genes mixed in.
    It may not be brewed, but we have a start with Kopi Luwak coffee. So we start here, then combine it with a bird since they have a gizzard which effectively "grinds" their food.

It may not be brewed, but we have a start with Kopi Luwak coffee. So we start here, then combine it with a bird since they have a gizzard which effectively "grinds" their food.
    Cool! And it's a cat like creature. Perfect.

So you train a bird to eat the kopi-luwak poop and then you brew the bird poop? That sounds like double excrete-o.

Cool! And it's a cat like creature. Perfect.

So you train a bird to eat the kopi-luwak poop and then you brew the bird poop? That sounds like double excrete-o.
    Organic crappucino.

I understand what you're saying and appreciate you sharing your thoughts. What you did was in private, you didn't post your notes publicly. It’s the public displays of X that really bother me.

When you get something wrong on a test (which I doubt you did very often, if ever), what symbol did the teacher use to note you were wrong? An X.

The letter X is used to rate adult films.

We use X in describing hypotheticals, i.e. he did it X times, Company X, etc.

I do understand why X was initially used, but we don't live in that world anymore. Just like we are a society more accepting of race, religious beliefs or lack of, and sexual orientation.

God should be special enough to believers that He/She doesn’t get reduced to symbol when he/she doesn’t have to be.

I didn’t say the old tradition denigrates Christ. My point is doing so today does. Again, we change traditions as the times change, we should change this tradition.

I also pointed out that even the explanation you provided states it is not wrong for Christians to feel “slighted” when the abbreviation is used.
    My 2 younger children belonged to a youth group at a local church from about 6th-12 grades. It was called GYMSOX. They even had window decals-with and without the words. (think GTHC-with or without). What does GYMSOX mean?

Get
    Your
    Mind
    Set
    On
    X (Christ)

Pretty clever, I thought. Parents and kids were all cool with this, so I guess it depends on context. If Tilly hears Merry Xmas hundreds of times and it comes from secular sources, I can see how/why she would be offended. If it was used in her/other churches as a clever way for an abbreviation like CathyCA pointed out, then I might think she would have little, if any problem with it. Of course, I am not speaking for her, just imagining what she feels when she sees/hears this.

Thank you Fish80 and 2535miles

I have completely lost my appetite!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    My 2 younger children belonged to a youth group at a local church from about 6th-12 grades. It was called GYMSOX. They even had window decals-with and without the words. (think GTHC-with or without). What does GYMSOX mean?

Get
    Your
    Mind
    Set
    On
    X (Christ)

Pretty clever, I thought. Parents and kids were all cool with this, so I guess it depends on context. If Tilly hears Merry Xmas hundreds of times and it comes from secular sources, I can see how/why she would be offended. If it was used in her/other churches as a clever way for an abbreviation like CathyCA pointed out, then I might think she would have little, if any problem with it. Of course, I am not speaking for her, just imagining what she feels when she sees/hears this.
    From a Jewish perspective, the holiday season at the devildeac household is always interesting.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Smile Tilly needs an avatar

Now that Jam Master Earl is unbanned, Tilly needs a new avatar.

Discuss.

I go with:

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by 2535miles View Post
    organic crappucino.
    lol :d

potd

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    From a Jewish perspective, the holiday season at the devildeac household is always interesting.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Sounds like a great topic for discussion over a Schlafly's next month.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I think I'm really glad I only drink tea.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I think I'm really glad I only drink tea.
    I drink both tea and beer (although not at the same time).

As we post, I am drinking the "Tranquil Dream" blend from Teavana.

Ymm, Tea!!