Page 277 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 1772272672752762772782792873273777771277 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,540 of 67403
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Yea, we're WAYYY beyond that now.

Where ya been?
    Hey, devildeac, welcome to the fun!

Admirable performance so far, AD and DiK. You'll have this thread >6000 by next weekend.

Admirable performance so far, AD and DiK. You'll have this thread >6000 by next weekend.
    Thanks. Not only that, but I just checked and I'm now only 12 posts behind Billybreen. Oops; make that 11!

I've been lost in the wilderness...

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Get some red felt and make a comb and beard (?). You could probably make a beak with yellow felt.

The faculty member in question lived on campus. All we had to do was decorate twice, and then others got into the fun. They migrated to the college president's house to welcome him and his family, but his wife didn't like them. We should've taken that as a great, big, neon sign. No sense of humor whatsoever.
    I believe that is called a wattle on the turkey. And apparently the lack of a sense of humor meant that the president was a turkey also.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I believe that is called a wattle on the turkey. And apparently the lack of a sense of humor meant that the president was a turkey also.
    That would be a fairly accurate assessment of the situation. He did, after all, deny me tenure and then ask me to stick around because I was a very valuable member of the college community. What a maroon. Oh, and he also had a wattle.
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 11-02-2008 at 10:43 PM. Reason: added comment

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I've been lost in the wilderness...
    Is this a proverbial 40 days in a proverbial wilderness?

If it started out with mallets, it was the McChesney arrangement. If you're interested, you can actually go to my old church's website and download the service (www.phumc.com; it was the March 30 service IIRC). The number comes about 51 minutes into the service. As with most other times that the handbell choir performed, the camera managed to catch me making a face.

I Googled "McChesney handbell Columbine" and came up with "Make Me an Instrument of thy Peace." Sounds like a cool arrangement.
    That was the piece we did. Did the McChesney "Now the Green Blade Riseth" have a green cover? I think the one we did had mallets at the beginning - but it was at least 5 years ago that we played it. I only know the number of years since it was a favorite of Sister Sue's and she moved to PA 5 years ago.

Since you also go to a United Methodist Church, maybe were are the same person. Were you baptized Catholic and raised Presbyterian?

That was the piece we did. Did the McChesney "Now the Green Blade Riseth" have a green cover? I think the one we did had mallets at the beginning - but it was at least 5 years ago that we played it. I only know the number of years since it was a favorite of Sister Sue's and she moved to PA 5 years ago.

Since you also go to a United Methodist Church, maybe were are the same person. Were you baptized Catholic and raised Presbyterian?
    I can't remember the color of the cover; I think I blocked it out. I just remember that it was brutally difficult. It's a rockin' arrangement, though.

No to the latter - lifelong Methodist.

Thanks. Not only that, but I just checked and I'm now only 12 posts behind Billybreen. Oops; make that 11!
    And you were worried that you couldn't overtake BB before he came back. And with this post, I'm only 19 away from BB.

And you were worried that you couldn't overtake BB before he came back. And with this post, I'm only 19 away from BB.
    I just checked, and I'm only 8 back! With this post, make that 7. C'mon, DiK, you can do it, too!

I'll do my part to get us started but will be away from a computer for the last half of the week so you'll have to finish it up.

Hey, DiK, have we hijacked the thread? Ymo and devildeac made brief appearances but didn't stick around.

I'll do my part to get us started but will be away from a computer for the last half of the week so you'll have to finish it up.
    I'm sure that I'll get swallowed up by work. The reinforcements should show up soon, right?

Getting ... tired ... need ... help ... must ... draft ...

Only 4 more to tie BB. DiK, how the heck did I get 14 posts ahead of you? Was it by making inane posts like this one?

I mean, heck; surely to goodness I can come up with something more intellectually stimulating than the current fare. I attended a couple of perfectly respectable academic institutions.

Smile

I also liked the McCain-Feingold Collection, and the necklace on the right was especially nice. QVC should get on that.
    Nahhhhh... QVC is more concerned with Belts, belts, belts.

But ya know, campaigning is expensive.

Hey, DiK, have we hijacked the thread? Ymo and devildeac made brief appearances but didn't stick around.
    Is it possible to hijack a thread in the LTE?

I've read a lot of posts in this great big thread of ours, and I've met lots of mavericks like myself along the way. People like DiK the bell-ringer, Devildeac the doctor, and Lavabe and Throaty the college professors. That's a great job, teaching; shaping the minds of the young people who are someday going to run this great big country of ours. (Okay, I can only channel Sarah Palin for so long before my mind starts to freeze up...)