Page 241 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1411912312392402412422432512913417411241 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 67382
    What is serious is that devildeac challenges the record for most posts in a thread. At least in an OTB thread. Yeeech, beer.

Is it just me or is this Martinsville race taking forever?

Max Payne finished 1st at the box office this weekend ahead of the other noted newcomer, Oliver Stone's W. Beverly Hills Chihuahua and The Secret Life of Bees(also debuting this week) also outdrew W. I guess a movie about a lame duck sitting President with a very low approval rating just isn't much of a draw.

I'm breaking all the rules...Jimmie Johnson won in Martinsville.

Saw Appaloosa today and thought Ed Harris and Vigo Mortenson were great, but that the story was not so good. Renee Zelleweger was also in it and I just don't see her in a western. Jeremy Irons was also good. My son thought there wasn't enough action. He's probably right. 3:10 to Yuma had a better story, but Appaloosa probably had better actors.
    Tom Mac

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What is serious is that devildeac challenges the record for most posts in a thread. At least in an OTB thread. Yeeech, beer.
    Just a few threads

But you're untouchable here

And the correct title is "ycch beer" (or is it?) Where is that thread now? Sounds like you need to contribute there.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just a few threads

But you're untouchable here

And the correct title is "ycch beer" (or is it?) Where is that thread now? Sounds like you need to contribute there.
    Haha, its likely to be a one man rant. I have an occasional beer but don't drink much alcohol at all.

Haha, its likely to be a one man rant. I have an occasional beer but don't drink much alcohol at all.
    A revival of the "ycch beer" thread might be funny on occasion. I look at about a 12 year old beer review book every several months or so and find descriptions like rancid, stale, undrinkable, avoid at all costs and similar phrases throughout the book. It also rated beers on a 0-100 scale and the characteristics of the single digit brews are amusing. The 90 point plus brews are worth searching for and sampling when available.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I look at about a 12 year old beer review book
    Interesting, but aren't books so like, last century?

As a matter of fact, I believe the copyright is 1995. There are some beer review web sites that I glance at occasionally, too, just to reinforce what century this is.

getting the margin under 100 ever-so-briefly while our resident lemur-loving poster returns to Kentucky after a fun-filled weekend in NC. I am sure he will be awake at all hours posting his musings and tastings from the last couple days.

Yeah, I didn't take advantage of this weekend at all...

Perhaps there is a version of the book available for the Kindle.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm back with more yarn. I just can't watch the Sox tonight. I'll check on them and truly, I'll deal with a loss because, really, you can't win every year. But I don't want to watch Rays celebrating. Especially when you know all those young guys will be gone within 5 years. It's the '97 Marlins (and the '03 Marlins for that matter) all over again.

And if the Sox win, I'll watch every pitch of the WS. It's the ALCS that wears me down.

Thumbs down

Is it just me or is this Martinsville race taking forever?
    I wasted this week's selections. I'm glad I didn't get to see any of it.

Here comes ATLANTA!! I wonder what will happen with tires in this race!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm back with more yarn. I just can't watch the Sox tonight. I'll check on them and truly, I'll deal with a loss because, really, you can't win every year. But I don't want to watch Rays celebrating. Especially when you know all those young guys will be gone within 5 years. It's the '97 Marlins (and the '03 Marlins for that matter) all over again.

And if the Sox win, I'll watch every pitch of the WS. It's the ALCS that wears me down.
    Well, free time next week or so. No more Red Sox baseball.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Nah, I'm putting together a reading of a play (not mine) in Newburyport next Tuesday and I'm still scrambling to find actors. I'm taking a directing class. My parents are visiting. Ronnie's birthday is Wednesday. I'm almost finished knitting two kids sweaters. 'My wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it, I'm swamped.'

I have renamed this thread because it seems to be about a lot more than Max Payne.

-Jason "look at me, I'm an all powerful mod who can change thread titles" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    And yet Quarantine did good, and I've heard nothing but bad things about that. Mostly that it's a VERY poor takeoff on cloverfield.
    I saw Quarantine this weekend and I thought it was very good. The poor takeoff on Cloverfield comparison isn't fair. The only thing it has in common with Cloverfield is that it's shot first-person/documentary style. Cloverfield was hardly unique or innovative in this approach, see The Blair Witch Project or go back even further to 84 Charlie MoPic.

I thought Quarantine's balance of violence and gore was brilliant. With a few exceptions, the violence is sudden and brief and there's relatively little gore, especially compared to more modern zombie movies. That leaves plenty of room for suspense. There are plenty of "typical" scenes where you're expecting a shock and they don't deliver it, only to sneak it on you moments later when you've begun to relax. I also had empathized with some of the characters, and was really starting to feel desperate towards the end of the movie.

I have two critiques: 1) The opening sequence went on too long, and 2)...
    SPOILER ALERT
    The final scene of the movie was included in the trailer, which was extremely lame. At that part of the movie, you just knew how it was going to end and that sucked. If they had excluded that scene from the trailer, viewers might've had some hope that the CDC would come in and rescue her, or that she'd make it out alive.

If you're a fan of Zombie movies, I'd recommend this one in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nah, I'm putting together a reading of a play (not mine) in Newburyport next Tuesday and I'm still scrambling to find actors. I'm taking a directing class. My parents are visiting. Ronnie's birthday is Wednesday. I'm almost finished knitting two kids sweaters. 'My wedding to plan, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it, I'm swamped.'
    "Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything."