Page 189 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 891391791871881891901911992392896891189 ... LastLast
Results 3,761 to 3,780 of 67680
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Thanks for the update. Yet another reason why folks should stay away from the Dark Side (the PPB). Stay here with all the "stupid" threads, and with all the shiny, happy people!

Is it just me, or does Sarah Palin look like Tina Fey?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I thought the exact same thing. Here's hoping they bring her back for cameos on SNL to play Palin. Although I do think Kristin Wiig could do a pretty decent job as well.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Instead of coming up with the second best post in history describing this thread, because really, who needs that kind of pressure, I wrote a play tonight. It's the first draft of my submission to this year's Boston Theater Marathon and it's called Heartbreak Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Instead of coming up with the second best post in history describing this thread, because really, who needs that kind of pressure, I wrote a play tonight. It's the first draft of my submission to this year's Boston Theater Marathon and it's called Heartbreak Hill.
    Congrats! That's a pretty big accomplishment.

BTW, how are the knees?

Congrats!

Man, I've been away from the LTE for a couple of days, and return to a total posting frenzy! And even better, I don't think I saw a single BB post in the 4 pages of new ones - we're making up ground (unless he's been on a tear in the EK/PPB boards.)

Had a super-fast trip down to Portland yesterday to catch up with some Dukie friends and sample some local brews. If I remember what I had, I'll summarize in our favorite beer thread.

BB has been conspicuously absent while BD has been writing plays. I have had to carry much of the load for the Boston Tea Party. Though BD has contributed a good share.

You wrote a play in one night? Amazing!

Well, it is a 10-minute play, those are my specialty, but yeah, I wrote it one sitting. I had been thinking about it for awhile. It's completely autobiographical, hopefully coming soon to a stage near you.

Hey, how do ya'll like my new signature? Am trying out with my friends on the LTE.

Nice pic!

By the way, you are officially managing my DBR NASCAR team. Please e-mail selections by appropriate deadlines. K thx! (I keed, I keed, but you are kicking my butt!)

I did nominate September 9th as the official PW day. Let's set the record. Of course, I have no idea what the record is, but let's set it anyway. How many posts should we go for in this thread on Tuesday? How about 500?

Wait, what's bb's total? Let's shoot for passing him on Tuesday, that's a good goal.

Exclamation

IWait, what's bb's total? Let's shoot for passing him on Tuesday, that's a good goal.
    Billybreen missing; Brady out with an injury. Two Hall of Famers out of action.

Coincidence?

I think not.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Hey, how do ya'll like my new signature? Am trying out with my friends on the LTE.
    Looks very familiar and reminds me of a scarf! I like it!

-EarlJam

Wait, what's bb's total? Let's shoot for passing him on Tuesday, that's a good goal.
    BB's looking to hit 4,800 posts soon. The LTE won't be catching him any time soon.

Ahh, DA you doubt? The impossible can happen...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Nice pic!

By the way, you are officially managing my DBR NASCAR team. Please e-mail selections by appropriate deadlines. K thx! (I keed, I keed, but you are kicking my butt!)
    Thanks!

Now that The Chase has started, do we do anything differently than we have been doing, or does the format stay the same? I haven't found anything noting we're in a Chase, just the drivers.

I'll share my secret to success at the end of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    Looks very familiar and reminds me of a scarf! I like it!

-EarlJam
    Too bad it's too hot to wear said scarf this time of year. I'm convinced if you had you'd have won your tennis tourney.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Thanks!

Now that The Chase has started, do we do anything differently than we have been doing, or does the format stay the same? I haven't found anything noting we're in a Chase, just the drivers.

I'll share my secret to success at the end of the season.
    Then again, some of us have saved our Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Jr., and JJ picks for the Chase. Meanwhile, I won't be able to use Biffle much longer.

Wow... Smoke really ripped his pit crew yesterday!

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Wow... Smoke really ripped his pit crew yesterday!
    It's things like that that keep me from warming to Stewart. I really like his driving style and his passion, but the sore loser stuff, especially directed at his own teammates, is just too much. Whatever happened to winning and losing as a team?

On the way into work this morning, I started singing along to 'Go Your Own Way'. I feel so unclean.

Luckily I caught myself after just a couple of bars and changed stations. Somebody was playing XTC. I love XTC. Nerd rock rules!