Page 171 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 711211611691701711721731812212716711171 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,420 of 67661
    Well, you'll miss the ever brilliant post #3203 that will do down in the annals of DBR posting history as the ...

Thumbs up We can do it!!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, you'll miss the ever brilliant post #3203 that will do down in the annals of DBR posting history as the ...
    And I'll miss the ever brilliant new OTB thread about the OTB.

And I'll miss the next 10 in a row posts by devildeac.

Do you think there's a chance we can go for the 24-hour record today?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

For most posts(or fewest)? I think we just hit the appointed number...I'm searching for the brilliance as I type. But I'm not finding any . I guess this will go down as just another stupid post on that stupid OTB.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    ... they're turning off our cable today as we move from this house tomorrow.

What will happen to the LTE over the next 48 hours? What will I miss?

Guess I better use my iTouch in some Panera bread around here.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I love the Panera! And they don't exist in CT.

While posting to another thread, I realized that I don't have a favorite fraction.

22 / 7 is interesting, but I'm somewhat conflicted about that one. It's like a pie teaser or a pie poser.

I don't like anything divided by 11 (other than multiples of 11). It's endless.

Maybe 4/5. That's pretty cool.

I always like fractions with 9 as the denominator, particularly those that can't be reduced down to thirds. Why? Because decimal conversion is so easy, and it includes the opportunity to add the repeating number symbol (the long dash above the last number.)

So the other day baby blublood and I went to the park. We swung on the swings, whirled around the merry-go-round, walked around the track, it was great. I let him crawl on the grass because he gets very impatient if he doesn't have a way to burn off his energy. So I noticed that he had stopped across the patch of grass and was examining something in his hand closely. A few heart-stopping seconds later, I realized that what he had in his hand was part of an anthill and the ants were now swarming all over his arm.

Baby blublood realized this about a second after I did and began howling as the little bastards were biting him. I killed as many of them as I could in vengeance and had to carry a sobbing 30-pound baby all the way back to our house because he was too upset to go in the stroller.

So we finally settled all that down and I put some calamine lotion on about 30-40 ant bites. I make some soup. We watch the Olympics. Baby blublood is keeping a stiff upper lip about his trauma. Then, out of nowhere, I hear a loud thunk and see baby blublood spread-eagled on the floor.

He somehow fell backwards off the couch, hit his little head on the coffee table and began howling once again. So now in addition to his little arm which is red and covered in pustules, he has a large goose-egg knot on his head. Y'all, I seriously do not know how much longer DHR is going to let us keep this baby!!

Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    So now in addition to his little arm which is red and covered in pustules, he has a large goose-egg knot on his head. Y'all, I seriously do not know how much longer DHR is going to let us keep this baby!!
    Poor little guy! Maybe you should keep him inside for awhile, until all the swelling and bruises disappear...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Poor little guy! Maybe you should keep him inside for awhile, until all the swelling and bruises disappear...
    Unfortunately (kind of), he has a play date with his friend Ben tomorrow. Or Ben's mom and I have a play date together, depending on how you want to look at it. Now see, this should be encouraging to you and Mr. DA! As long as you never allow your child to play in ant beds and supervise them when they sit on the couch, you'll actually be ahead of the game.

Well, some PW'ing by 2535miles forced us to page 2. So back to the head of the line we will go...actually it was quite interesting, he(or she) filled the whole front page with posts.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Well, some PW'ing by 2535miles forced us to page 2. So back to the head of the line we will go...actually it was quite interesting, he(or she) filled the whole front page with posts.
    He's a he, but not a Chinese gymnast. At least I assume he's not.

lte

Sheesh. Take 3 days off from the boards and I am reading 3 pages of threads and falling behind Fish80 again.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Sheesh. Take 3 days off from the boards and I am reading 3 pages of threads and falling behind Fish80 again.
    But not for long...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill

LTE stat of the day

Sadly, I can't post the stat of the day after all.

I went to the list to try and count up dudes versus chicks among LTE posters but I realized I was making too many assumptions.

Oh well.

Here are at least some of the regular posters that I either know to be dudes or suspect they are dudes (Ymo, billy, devildeac, 2535miles, Lavabe, Fish80, EarlJam, Ozzie, bjornolf)

Here are the chicks (me, Tilly, DevilAlumna, CathyCA, blublood, ArkieDukie)

That's only 15, and yes, I know I'm forgetting a few. This may take me awhile. I was just curious if the dudes outnumbered the chicks around here. (I hypothesize that they do, but I wanted to make sure.)

Oh, and the idea for the most posts in a single day? I like it, but I think we ought to work together and pick a day about a week in advance so we can train for the event.

Weekends work better for me, what with trying to maintain employment...oh I would like to think of myself as a gentlemen rather than I dude though I'm not sure that really fits. I guess I was declared one by virtue of becoming a commissioned officer in the Armed Forces. I'm full of dung on this whole line of thinking though, can you tell?

lte

drafting DA to the 1st team...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    There should be some kind of a law against devildeac posting so many times in a row.

My post count on the LTE is slacking off because I've gotten sucked into the PP board. The characters over there can just bait me so easily, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My post count on the LTE is slacking off because I've gotten sucked into the PP board. The characters over there can just bait me so easily, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Ahh, Nickel Nose returns in the form of Fish80...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    There should be some kind of a law against devildeac posting so many times in a row.
    Agreed, I think 2535miles showed the better form early this morning by placing a single post in every thread on the front page of the OTB at the time he did it...