Page 139 of 3384 FirstFirst ... 39891291371381391401411491892396391139 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 67668
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Since I'll be visiting Atlanta regularly, I need to learn about places to eat meat in Atlanta. Years ago I had a great steak at a place in Buckhead.

Any good meateries near Emory?

While not a meatery, we already found the Mellow Mushroom, which is very popular with the kids for some reason. I think there's a Mellow Mushroom in Durham near the bulls stadium.

Mellow Mushrooms all over. Meateries near Emory? Don't know the immediate Emory area too well - but there are a couple in Buckhead, which isn't too far. A lot depends on how pricey you wanna go. If price is no object, then Chops or Bones are two good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Shammrog View Post
    Mellow Mushrooms all over. Meateries near Emory? Don't know the immediate Emory area too well - but there are a couple in Buckhead, which isn't too far. A lot depends on how pricey you wanna go. If price is no object, then Chops or Bones are two good ones.
    I like Bones and if you're willing to drive 15 or so miles, McKendrick's is very good too. At McKendrick's you're looking at $30-$40 for a steak. Everything comes ala carte.

Hmmm. Is she hot?

(and, how old is she?)
    Geez, Shamm, stepping out on me already?

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    Yep, I'm not above having a few radians worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    You're going off on a tangent there.
    I take the rampant growth of the LTE today as a sine that it's a good thing BB's returned.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Geez, Shamm, stepping out on me already?
    No... Never! I can LOOK, though...

I take the rampant growth of the LTE today as a sine that it's a good thing BB's returned.
    Lumny, when we buy our love hideaway, will you cosine the note?

(Perhaps a logarithmic cabin?)

Smile Emory Meateries

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Since I'll be visiting Atlanta regularly, I need to learn about places to eat meat in Atlanta. Years ago I had a great steak at a place in Buckhead.

Any good meateries near Emory?

While not a meatery, we already found the Mellow Mushroom, which is very popular with the kids for some reason. I think there's a Mellow Mushroom in Durham near the bulls stadium.
    Pizza: Fellini's
    Meateries: If you have bucks, I believe ugadevil will vouch for Fogo de Chao in Buckhead. Also try www.KevinRathbunSteak.com. IIRC, Rathbun beat Bobby Flay in an Iron Chef America steak competition.

While you're down here, explore restaurants in Buckhead and Virginia Highlands. Then again, you could travel a distance to Roswell, and sit down at Stoney River with Shammrog.

Burgers: Go to the Vortex at Little Five. Enjoy the scenery, and have an incredible burger, with tater tots.

I believe Wilson has a better sense of food around Emory.

For grog, try the BrickStorePub in Decatur.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

lte

Did devildeac take you on the Alaskan cruise?

WTF! You gotta be kidding me!

Thumbs down Post 2,500

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    That's what I get for not staying caught up. The thread grew by several pages! Let's see, where to start?

2. Lavabe, sending vibes for selling your house. How's that going?
    We had our first offer (six days on the market), but it was a hideous lowballer who was trying a strategy ILoveJimmy reported seeing on HGTV. We had to nix him. Fortunately, we are still getting traffic as we enter our second week on the market.

This is not fun stuff.

Cheers?
    Lavabe

Food around Emory is in large part your typical college fare. There are a couple of good gyro/falafel places, my favorite at the corner of North Decatur Rd. and Clairmont Rd. (Mediterranean Grill). If you genuinely want good cuisine in this neck of the woods, the Decatur Square area is your best bet. Off the top of my head, these include:
    -Taco Mac: a chain, but the best wings in town. Also a beer list literally hundreds of items long.
    -Twain's: good pub food and an excellent beer list, including several rotating house-made brews, as well as plenty of pool tables and dart boards.
    -El Tesoro: a newish Mexican joint with good a la carte tacos and very good margaritas. Much of the food there is hit or miss, but the cheese dip is the best I've ever eaten (bold praise, indeed), and their house salsas are also outstanding.
    -The Brick Store: without a doubt the best beer list in the southeast, possibly the country. You literally couldn't drink every beer if you wanted to. They also have very good true pub food (fish & chips, bangers & mash, etc.).

There are also several good upscale places in the area, the best of which is Eurasia (continental fare...I've only been once, so I can't provide a very extensive description).
    Finally, there's some Irish place called, I think, McDonald's?

There are tons of good restaurants all over Atlanta. PM me if you're interested; I'd be happy to offer more of my almost 26 years' worth of advice.

We had our first offer (six days on the market), but it was a hideous lowballer who was trying a strategy ILoveJimmy reported seeing on HGTV. We had to nix him. Fortunately, we are still getting traffic as we enter our second week on the market.

This is not fun stuff.

Cheers?
    Lavabe
    That stinks. Selling a house is definitely not for the faint of heart. The fact that you're still getting traffic is good, though. Maybe you need to start your own separate "send me vibes" thread for selling your house. The power of the vibes should not be underestimated, as you know. They worked for me twice (job interview, house selling quickly).

Sending more vibes...

"Archie Dukie"

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Did devildeac take you on the Alaskan cruise?

WTF! You gotta be kidding me!
    While I'm curious about cruises (never been on one), I fear David Foster Wallace may be right.

We had our first offer (six days on the market), but it was a hideous lowballer who was trying a strategy ILoveJimmy reported seeing on HGTV.
    Is the strategy anything more than, "Lowball and see if they accept out of desparation"?

Good house-selling vibes your way...

Hey Wilson, speaking of good queso, how was your weekend trip to Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    -Taco Mac: a chain, but the best wings in town. Also a beer list literally hundreds of items long.
    Is it me or is there just something wrong with that?

Unhappy Housing market ... ycch

Is the strategy anything more than, "Lowball and see if they accept out of desparation"?

Good house-selling vibes your way...
    It worked for them the first house they went after, as the owners were going through a nasty divorce. The only trouble for the buyers was that they didn't have their finances together (the first house they went after was at least $50K more than ours). So they tried the same thing with us. Unfortunately, one of the two previous sales in our community in the last year was again a nasty divorce case (bankruptcy/bank sale); the other was a failure to keep up the house in 25 years. In both cases, the owners sold at 70% the actual value of our house.

I already used the vibes once (for my job), and will ask again on ILoveJimmy's job. Is there a limit to these vibes?

Cheers and thanks,
    Lavabe

Is there a limit to these vibes?
    No, there isn't...

I know - right back atcha!

(BTW - your double smilies look like a (very happy) "bust.")
    You're a sick man.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Is it me or is there just something wrong with that?
    No, there's something oh so right.
    The only reason the place is known as Taco Mac is as follows:
    Two guys moved to Atlanta from New York, knowing this fair city lacked a good wing place (this was upwards of 20 years ago). They procured a location for their first location, a place that had previously been a Mexican joint. The place had a giant sign on the facade proclaiming it as "Taco Mac." It also, however, realized that the kitchen needed remodeling. They had only enough funds to redo the kitchen or the sign. Being the smart businessmen they were, they chose the kitchen, and the place has been known as Taco Mac ever since (now with about 10 locations around town). And yes, they are the best wings in Atlanta. Anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar.

Hey Wilson, speaking of good queso, how was your weekend trip to Texas?
    The weekend trip hasn't happened yet. I leave tomorrow morning. I will post pics and thoughts when I get back. I'm very excited.