Page 132 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 32821221301311321331341421822326321132 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 67383
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I ran that foot race against the 5th graders barefoot.

A Haiku to Celebrate 300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I ran that foot race against the 5th graders barefoot.
    barefoot grass running
    celebrate this useless post
    a long way to go

I would think that the sensation of greater speed while not clothed is purely a mental illusion...but I am not willing to test the idea at this time.

Like most sports, performance is highly correlated with motivation and desire. The reasons for running naked may also be correlated with motivation and desire. Field research required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Like most sports, performance is highly correlated with motivation and desire. The reasons for running naked may also be correlated with motivation and desire. Field research required.

Don't let the foxes catch you...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Don't let the foxes catch you...
    "Hey, The Foxes!" Shouldn't I be chasing the foxes?

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    "Hey, The Foxes!" Shouldn't I be chasing the foxes?
    only if the cougars are not chasing you

claws on bare skin is not a pretty sight...

Design of Experiment

Any DOE expertise out there in DBR land?

Question: Is running naked faster than running not naked?
    Experiment: Construct groups of attractive, experienced runners that run daily over 30 days and record time, distance and pace. Each group has a balanced mix of fast and slow test subjects.

Naked Group: runs naked
    Not Naked Group: runs not naked
    Placebo Group: runs without knowing whether they are naked or not

Some of the placebo's run with invisible undergarments designed by Dr. Bare Lee Visible, using the cloak of invisibility technology.

A team of scientists and volunteers take measurements, photographs and record statistics before and after running.

And where exactly would the results of this ground-breaking study be published, Playboy?? I hear they have some great articles.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Is it just me or is the OTB on fire lately? Or is it just EarlJam?

Agreed, but not sure if it is the Earl of Jam. Perhaps it is a destination now that the longest thread ever is setting new records daily?

Is what they showed on the Colbert Report tonight true? Has cookie monster really started shilling for fresh fruit? This saddens me... I feel my childhood has been denigrated somehow...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Is what they showed on the Colbert Report tonight true? Has cookie monster really started shilling for fresh fruit? This saddens me... I feel my childhood has been denigrated somehow...
    Yeah, I didn't see him on the Colbert Report but he's done this before on Martha Stewart. Here's a blurb from wikipedia. Scroll down to "Evolution" (sick that they call it evolution huh?).
    "In 2006, in response to growing concerns about record levels of childhood obesity in the U.S.A., Sesame Street began airing segments entitled Healthy Habits for Life. In these segments, the Muppet characters of Sesame Street talk about healthy habits, such as eating properly and exercising. The Healthy Habits for Life segments spawned false Internet rumors that Cookie Monster's name had been changed to Veggie Monster or would be taken off the show entirely.[2][3]
    In a 2007 appearance on Martha Stewart's TV program, Cookie Monster explained his new philosophy that "Cookies are a sometime food."
    In a 2008 appearance on The Colbert Report, Cookie Monster again explained that "Cookies are a sometimes food.""

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Really? I think it's kind of neat. It gives a good balance between AAAHHHH cookiecookiecookie!! (the id speaking) and teaching healthy eating habits (the mom speaking). There's been a billboard up for ages now downtown with characters from Jungle Book imploring us to be active and eat right, so I suppose shilling is here to stay.

I dunno, I guess I grew up with Cookie Monster who loved cookies, and with parents who said "no" a lot. I just don't understand blaming the obesity epidemic on media exposure to bad influences.

Blame it instead on the lack of nutritional education. Though, I suppose since Sesame St. is supposed to be an educational program, teaching the benefits of fruit to kids at an early age is, probably, a smart thing.

Frankly, as a kid, I got annoyed with Cookie Monster, because he was always wasting cookies. He'd grab a plate, let everything slide into his mouth (cookies falling out to the sides), chomp on them (crumbs falling everywhere), and you could see that he had no throat, so he couldn't swallow them! Just wasteful.

And GVTucker is my new hero for the day, over on the PPB board. I've learned more about oil futures than I ever expected to on a basketball site.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    I don't have anything to add to any of the current discussions, I just wanted to check in to say hello. So hello.

It is a beautiful night in London and I am sitting in a cafe on Brick Lane surfing the web and enjoying a coffee. I think I'll finish my downloads and will then wander off for some fish and chips somewhere on the Whitechapel Road.

Anyone from the DBR community who wants to fly over and join me is more than welcome to do so - you buy the beer and I'll supply the roof over your head.

lte

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    I don't have anything to add to any of the current discussions, I just wanted to check in to say hello. So hello.

It is a beautiful night in London and I am sitting in a cafe on Brick Lane surfing the web and enjoying a coffee. I think I'll finish my downloads and will then wander off for some fish and chips somewhere on the Whitechapel Road.

Anyone from the DBR community who wants to fly over and join me is more than welcome to do so - you buy the beer and I'll supply the roof over your head.
    WHAT?!?! You are on Brick Lane, THE street in London for Indian cuisine and you are going to wander off and have fish and chips. You sound like you have had too many ales.

(but, hello anyway and thanks for checking in)

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    WHAT?!?! You are on Brick Lane, THE street in London for Indian cuisine and you are going to wander off and have fish and chips. You sound like you have had too many ales.

(but, hello anyway and thanks for checking in)

I had curry for lunch, not to mention for dinner last night, so it was time for some fish and chips (I make homemade curry regularly so it isn't out of the ordinary for me to have it more than once a week even back in Canada). Sadly, the chippies were closed so I grabbed some KFC instead (it was convenient). And yes, it is as bad here as it is at home.