Page 122 of 3383 FirstFirst ... 22721121201211221231241321722226221122 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,440 of 67648
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm giving up being Doug Kistler for this post (756 if I ever catch up with 'Whatever') which is kind of hard. I dated Doug Kistler's son in high school. Yes, he broke my heart, but I still have fond memories of him. A little heartbreak at 15 is good for you.
    I just found my bf from when I was 15, on Facebook. No heartbreak (iirc, it was a mutual break-up,... then he moved on to my best friend ), but definite fond memories on the whole.

First heartbreak was in 7th grade, when the 9th grader I liked (and had my first kiss with!) moved out of town.

Nice article in the Globe today about Duke and the surgeon who performed the procedure yesterday..

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...nators_choice/

That match was pretty weak IMO and I think Kimbo Slice will get absolutely crushed by any of the top UFC guys. Im glad to see the networks finally getting on board and showing some MMA stuff, but Slice is overrated, and Elite is pinning all their hopes on a guy who proved the other night that he can be challenged by even a mediocre MMA fighter, and I'd love to see him against even someone like St Pierre, even though I don't think they are in the same weight class obviously, I still think Slice would get 'killed' in an UFC event.

Quote Originally Posted by allenmurray View Post
    They could get incredible ratings if they didn't stop the fights until one of the fighters was dead. that would just be on regular TV. On pay-per-view they could let the victor cut out the heart of the dead fighter and eat it.
    Hilarious post. They should do it "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom" style, where the winner just rips the losers heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Agreed, but there's more to it. He HAS to go home because he's never going to find the same caliber of "chowda" in Durham.
    Haaaa!! No doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I just found my bf from when I was 15, on Facebook. No heartbreak (iirc, it was a mutual break-up,... then he moved on to my best friend ), but definite fond memories on the whole.

First heartbreak was in 7th grade, when the 9th grader I liked (and had my first kiss with!) moved out of town.
    I don't even remember the name of my boyfriend when I was 15. There have been so many since, sigh.

i guess he'll be getting this too unless it's gone out of vogue:

http://www.gliadel.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

I've never found an ex and don't remember trying to look (drunk searches don't count). When I was nineteen or twenty I did look for a classmate from 3rd grade that used to torture me and generally make my life miserable. I wrote her a letter that ended something like: "P.S. I saw you eat a booger in art class when you were talking to 'so and so'. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please ignore and carry on." I sent it to about half a dozen people and got delightful responses from all but one.

I facebooked some old classmates and the ironic thing was that every single page looked exactly the way it you'd imagine it would have looked 10 years ago. Wanna-be player boy has pix of him frenching like, 10 different girls. Drunken-antics girl has pictures of, well, drunken antics. This guy who was always very high-achieving, but very insecure about himself has all these obviously studio-done pictures of himself and his new wife looking all melty and lovey-dovey cutesy. He also listed his income as "over $250,000"... I mean, who does that??) People really don't change. (well, except for one girl who has apparently become a lesbian since I knew her, but whatever)

Couldn't find Old High School Boyfriend though. He's probably been divorced 2 or 3 times because he kept putting relationships "on the back burner" and doesn't have time for facebook.

No time for FB or MySp...have to post in the longest thread ever. Catch up to BB, yada yada yada.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I don't do Facebook or MySpace. I only post here and on Ravelry (it's a knitting thing.) Should I? Join MySpace, I mean. Somehow I think I'd just be a sad old loser if I went on Facebook, right?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I should add that I don't know how to upload pictures, so the sad, old comment really isn't that far off. Anybody want to teach me how to upload pictures. At some point I'm going to have to have an Avatar, I think.

I don't do Facebook or MySpace. I only post here and on Ravelry (it's a knitting thing.) Should I? Join MySpace, I mean. Somehow I think I'd just be a sad old loser if I went on Facebook, right?
    Social networking sites are what you make of them. If you think you could find some old friends, then go for it. As much as I've knocked it in the past, I've also reconnected with a lot of old friends and it helps keep in touch with my friends on the east coast.

Anybody want to teach me how to upload pictures. At some point I'm going to have to have an Avatar, I think.
    Sure. Hit me up.

kennedy

according to the n&o today, sounds like a few days at Duke and then back to Bahston for radiation and/or chemotherapy. makes sense.

Not at all. I've enjoyed getting back in touch with a bunch of sorority sisters; high school friends; old work colleagues, etc. I'm a member of the facebook group, "Duke alumni who are probably to old to be on Facebook" as well. I did LinkedIn first, but that doesn't have any real interactivity or stickiness. MySpace is just scary, IMO.

By my reckoning, I've picked up 12 posts against the LTE in the last 6 days. Guess my claims of slowing down due to work were a bit overblown.

Smile June 2-June 4: Some month

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    By my reckoning, I've picked up 12 posts against the LTE in the last 6 days. Guess my claims of slowing down due to work were a bit overblown.
    Technically, your June 2 response to Ymo suggested that you'd have a month of work/being busy. That leaves me to wonder:

1) You OK?
    2) You had the quickest month (two days) on record.
    3) The above quoted stat suggests that you PW'd a bit PRIOR to June 2.

You're also forgetting the obvious reason. Starting June 3, it's opilio crab season on the Discovery Channel.

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Now I can't stop thinking about that song which referenced the Discovery Channel...ugh, I hate that song.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    That statement is ripe with opportunity.

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by blublood View Post
    I facebooked some old classmates
    I've never Facebooked an old classmate but have been Facebooked (is that a word now?!?) by many. Some I have added as friends, others I have ignored. But I generally wonder why so many people try to reconnect so many years later? If we weren't close enough to stay in touch why would we want to reconnect now?

And, out of curiosity, I wonder how many DBR posters are on Facebook? Talk about jacking up our friend count if we were all to add each other!!! Or maybe someone should create a DBR page on Facebook?