Page 612 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 11251256260261061161261361462266271211121612 ... LastLast
Results 12,221 to 12,240 of 67394
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm in Vegas now. Had a great 4 hr drive yesterday- made excellent time & no traffic! Plus, Chloe did great!!!

Current tally: -$40. (Texas Station, where we had dinner)
    Have fun, get your 40 back...bet against the 'holes.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Happy Palm Sunday. My son is being confirmed this morning at church.
    Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    I'm in Vegas now. Had a great 4 hr drive yesterday- made excellent time & no traffic! Plus, Chloe did great!!!

Current tally: -$40. (Texas Station, where we had dinner)
    Congrats to Christian!

CB&B's right. Bet against the 'holes! And put $2 on #21 for me
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

I can't stand the pressure any more - I've been trying to think of something profound for Post #2000 but it just isn't working. Thought about waiting to time it with post 12,000 in the LTE but afraid I'll just miss that mile market when I leave work to go to a wedding shower.

So for post #2,000 - it snowed this morning during our Palm Sunday Passion story. Looked out the sanctuary windows during the second service to see snow coming down. Many of the participants in the service came in shorts and sandals today as we were dressing in robes/biblical era outfits.

Snow ended and none stuck on the ground by the time the service was over.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    So for post #2,000 - it snowed this morning during our Palm Sunday Passion story. Looked out the sanctuary windows during the second service to see snow coming down.
    Congrats on post #2000 - so close to a double double (only 15 posts away on the LTE to #12,000)!

Your snowing description is almost like in the movie White Christmas!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I can't stand the pressure any more - I've been trying to think of something profound for Post #2000 but it just isn't working. Thought about waiting to time it with post 12,000 in the LTE but afraid I'll just miss that mile market when I leave work to go to a wedding shower.

So for post #2,000 - it snowed this morning during our Palm Sunday Passion story. Looked out the sanctuary windows during the second service to see snow coming down. Many of the participants in the service came in shorts and sandals today as we were dressing in robes/biblical era outfits.

Snow ended and none stuck on the ground by the time the service was over.

Congrats on P2K! Nice to see that it came with no catastrophic computer failures or anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Congrats on P2K! Nice to see that it came with no catastrophic computer failures or anything like that.
    Thanks, ArkieDukie & Ozzie.

If you only knew how close I have come to tossing a few computers out windows in the last month!

And I will now enjoy NCAA Champs! status for a while.

I have an idea for #12,000 if y'all would indulge me for a short paragraph or two.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have an idea for #12,000 if y'all would indulge me for a short paragraph or two.
    If you make it 10 or 11 we'll be there...

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    If you make it 10 or 11 we'll be there...
    Thanks. But I'm not sure whether I should check back in 10 minutes for 10 posts or 10 hours as the postings here have been highly variable recently.

Thanks. But I'm not sure whether I should check back in 10 minutes for 10 posts or 10 hours as the postings here have been highly variable recently.
    I would hope that a few minutes would be the better choice!

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I would hope that a few minutes would be the better choice!
    I'll stay close to the keyboard then...

I will

...offer to

...assist in

...helping you

...get there.

Ready. Set. Go.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Sounds good to me.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    Umm, now it's too late.

To CB&B-not a problem. I fell asleep about 515 PM for a well-deserved nap. Actually, for those that know me, I LOVE naps and ANY nap is well-deserved.
    I just woke up to check the STATUS (as always, the STATUS is: go to hell, carolina, go to hell). I also know the old phrase, you snooze, you ...

I'll simply post #12,001 or 12,002 to take the opportunity to thank all the participants of the DVR LTE (I corrected it on the card) and Brunchgate gang who were kind, thoughtful, generous, loving and sympathetic enough to arrange to have a beautiful and extremely large spray of flowers delivered to my Dad's visitation and funeral last week. I also posted a similar message on an old Brunchgate thread but, just in case there are any folks who might not read both, I wanted to thank all of those posters here, too. My Dad was HUGE Duke fan and to remember him with such a display rendered me stunned, nearly speechless and sobbing just before the visitation began. Y'all are special and the wonderful community created here is not just for a small selected group but for all those who participate to inform, entertain, discuss, chide, chat and hopefully support each other with our experiences. I must move on to a weeks worth of mail, newspapers and business matters of the household and my profession this evening. Plus, the teardrops falling are interfering with my vision and the keyboard. A sincere thank you once again.