Page 1007 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 7507907957997100510061007100810091017 ... LastLast
Results 20,121 to 20,140 of 21075
  1. #20121
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I got a similar answer from FedEx on a 66 lb package that was shipped a couple weeks ago.
    Paging Devilwin
    2015 DBR Rosterbation Champion

  2. #20122
    Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Still no word. The Chevy dealership is "backed up".
    Holidays will do that.

  3. #20123
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    For the record -- I would SO watch the Gorilla Channel if it existed.
    1991 -- 1992 -- 2001 -- 2010 -- 2015

  4. #20124
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    For the record -- I would SO watch the Gorilla Channel if it existed.
    Who wouldn't? ;-)

  5. #20125
    Ruined birthday. January birthdays stink on ice to begin with and this loss didn't help.

    Aaaargh.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  6. #20126
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Ruined birthday. January birthdays stink on ice to begin with and this loss didn't help.

    Aaaargh.
    Ruined my Birthday Eve, fellow Capricorn

  7. #20127
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Ruined my Birthday Eve, fellow Capricorn

    I actually meant 1/7 bday! Happy birthday to my fellow, slightly irritated and irritating (at least that's what I'm told by my family members all the time) Capricorn!

    But then again, perhaps you are the exception.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  8. #20128
    Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I actually meant 1/7 bday! Happy birthday to my fellow, slightly irritated and irritating (at least that's what I'm told by my family members all the time) Capricorn!

    But then again, perhaps you are the exception.
    Birthday twin high five!

  9. #20129
    Happy Birthday!!!

    I'm probably being petty in another thread.

  10. #20130
    Happy birthday, Weezie and Mtn.Devil!

  11. #20131
    Weather lulled us into a false sense of security this am. They had predicted freezing rain but the temp was 37 and road surfaces were reported as warm enough to avoid freezing. Unfortunately, my brother-in-law found that the bricks of their front steps and patio didn't follow this report. They were slick, causing gravity to take over. His hip is not happy with the discovery - he will be having surgery this week to repair it. Any prayers and vibes you can send his way (and to his wife/my sister) would be appreciated.

  12. #20132
    Wince! Sorry for the BiL's impending surgery. That, as the kids say, bites.

    Thanks all for the birthday wishes, too. They sure seem to get closer...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

  13. #20133
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Weather lulled us into a false sense of security this am. They had predicted freezing rain but the temp was 37 and road surfaces were reported as warm enough to avoid freezing. Unfortunately, my brother-in-law found that the bricks of their front steps and patio didn't follow this report. They were slick, causing gravity to take over. His hip is not happy with the discovery - he will be having surgery this week to repair it. Any prayers and vibes you can send his way (and to his wife/my sister) would be appreciated.
    Oh no! Hope surgery goes well.

  14. #20134
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Would the "Golden Globes" be considered a micro-aggression to the flat earther folks?
    2015 DBR Rosterbation Champion

  15. #20135
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm kinda tired a lot lately.

  16. #20136
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I'm kinda tired a lot lately.
    You have Winter Madness

  17. #20137
    I'm happy to report that my brother-in-law came through surgery just fine. He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur. He actually came home yesterday. He will be learning to navigate around the house with a walker - not always easy as the door to the powder room is too narrow for the walker and the room itself is small. Lessons in geometry.

  18. #20138
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm happy to report that my brother-in-law came through surgery just fine. He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur. He actually came home yesterday. He will be learning to navigate around the house with a walker - not always easy as the door to the powder room is too narrow for the walker and the room itself is small. Lessons in geometry.
    Good luck to your brother-in-law. I'm one week into 4-6 weeks of my own lessons in geometry navigating with crutches after having a torn labrum repaired. Back to work on Tuesday and reaping the benefits of having one of the larger classrooms in my school. Hopefully it's a bit easier to navigate than the tiny hallways and bedrooms in my parent's house where I spent the week to avoid stairs.

  19. #20139
    Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Good luck to your brother-in-law. I'm one week into 4-6 weeks of my own lessons in geometry navigating with crutches after having a torn labrum repaired. Back to work on Tuesday and reaping the benefits of having one of the larger classrooms in my school. Hopefully it's a bit easier to navigate than the tiny hallways and bedrooms in my parent's house where I spent the week to avoid stairs.
    Good luck with the return to work. I hope you don't have to navigate the halls at the same time as students very often.

    BiL is retired so no workplace geometry necessary but he is extremely active in the community. (Maybe he can get sympathy donations for the local arboretum.) Not sure when he will start to tackle the stairs - for the time being, a bed was moved to the main level of the house. Had his first home PT session today. He is discovering that day 3 post op, just like day 3 after first work out in a while, brings increased pain.

  20. #20140
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    ...He is the proud owner of a large rod in his femur...
    Yikes! That made me wince hard. Good lord, he sure pulled a number.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Similar Threads

  1. Duke History (new thread-- posts moved from unrelated thread)
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-25-2007, 10:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •