Page 751 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 25165170174174975075175275376180185112511751 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 67391
    BostonDevil is running the Boston Marathon today. She has passed the halfway mark and is a bit behind her goal. Apparently, it is warm in Boston today so that isn't helping.

She is raising funds for pediatric cancer at Mass General. I'm sure she would still take donations - at least I hope so, as I'm woefully late in checking on that.

Run, BD, run!

BD made it 20 miles, before succumbing to the heat. That was 1.5 miles further than last year's marathon winner, so way to go, BD!!!

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Hey DinK, perhaps you saw it elsewhere but yes, I'm taking donations (and there's still time) - www.crowdrise.com/lisaburdick

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Hey DinK, perhaps you saw it elsewhere but yes, I'm taking donations (and there's still time) - www.crowdrise.com/lisaburdick
    Done.

Congrats on a great effort for a worthy cause. OPK

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Done.

Congrats on a great effort for a worthy cause. OPK
    Thank you!!!

Finally caved and got a Big Green Egg yesterday. I smell like a campfire.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Finally caved and got a Big Green Egg yesterday. I smell like a campfire.
    Do you have green ham to go with it?

Eighteen years ago, Ilost my Mom to cancer. In her memory, I'd like to request that those that can, give your mom a hug and tell her you love her. Life is way too short to miss those opportunities.

I still miss you, Mom.

Hugs

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Eighteen years ago, Ilost my Mom to cancer. In her memory, I'd like to request that those that can, give your mom a hug and tell her you love her. Life is way too short to miss those opportunities.

I still miss you, Mom.
    I likewise lost my Mom to cancer. Dad to Alzheimers, and recently Brother Bob, which is the hardest yet. So I've really gotten into "appreciating" and hugging. Just ask my wife and my horse, Windchester! And the grandkids!

Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    I likewise lost my Mom to cancer. Dad to Alzheimers, and recently Brother Bob, which is the hardest yet. So I've really gotten into "appreciating" and hugging. Just ask my wife and my horse, Windchester! And the grandkids!
    Hugs back to you. Alzheimers is such a cruel disease as you lose your loved one twice. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sibling. I'm sorry for your losses.

Kids are great at receiving hugs - they usually hug back with all their might! What a joy!

thanks for the hugs.. i needed that!

Hugs back to you. Alzheimers is such a cruel disease as you lose your loved one twice. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a sibling. I'm sorry for your losses.

Kids are great at receiving hugs - they usually hug back with all their might! What a joy!
    Thanks, I'm working on remember all the good times.

Quote Originally Posted by comdytrd View Post
    Thanks, I'm working on remember all the good times.
    If you feel like it, share a favorite memory of your Mom with all of us. My mother loved Hershey Kisses. I'm a chocoholic, just as she was, so I will have a few and think of her. She kept them in the refrigerator so they were nice and cold. Occasionally, while we were all watching TV, she would through them at us. A cold Hershey Kiss hitting bare skin would always make us jump.

Dad had dementia but lost his battle with cancer before it got too bad. It's ok to laugh at some of the situations - I always figured the choice was either laugh or cry. I hope that people will laugh when I follow in his footsteps.

Done did it all!

If you feel like it, share a favorite memory of your Mom with all of us. My mother loved Hershey Kisses. I'm a chocoholic, just as she was, so I will have a few and think of her. She kept them in the refrigerator so they were nice and cold. Occasionally, while we were all watching TV, she would through them at us. A cold Hershey Kiss hitting bare skin would always make us jump.

Dad had dementia but lost his battle with cancer before it got too bad. It's ok to laugh at some of the situations - I always figured the choice was either laugh or cry. I hope that people will laugh when I follow in his footsteps.
    When my wife Sheila asked Mom if there was anything she wanted to do in what we had learned were her final months, she thought a moment and was able to reply: "no, not really". That gave me great comfort.

She lived 'til she died. Hope I do, too.

here's a quote that I saw recently that seems appropriate:

"Each of our relationships has a trajectory that death doesn't destroy. We see its arc in the inner changes we undergo when we remember deceased loved ones, and even in outward changes as we continue to mold our lives in response to theirs."
    Patricia Campbell Carlson

I have to play the proud aunt - again. Nephew Alex is currently in Kenya with other students from PSU helping with a program to get medical kiosks operating in rural areas. There are about 30 in the group - undergrads, a few medical students and some law students. I can't wait to hear all about it when he gets back. Reading the blog isn't quite the same as hearing from him directly.

Good morning.

Honoring those who serve and have served. Remembering those who sacrificed.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Indeed. Happy Memorial Day. Thanks to all who serve and who have served.

A good day to pour some concrete! DSCN3037.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

9F 9F 9F

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    A good day to pour some concrete! DSCN3037.jpg
    Pretty decent job...did you do that or did you hire a contractor? I need a good contractor to repair a driveway at rental property I own over on Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Pretty decent job...did you do that or did you hire a contractor? I need a good contractor to repair a driveway at rental property I own over on Anderson.
    My plumber/handyman did it. He and his crew tore out the section of concrete two weeks ago that had buckled due to a big tree root, prepared the site, and then smoothed the concrete once it was poured by the concrete company (ReadyMix, here in Smithfield). We waited about a week for a rain-free day in the forecast - you need 5 or 6 hours without rain once it's poured, or it's ruined and you get to buy it again, including paying to tear it out. Then he fixed a plumbing problem in my guest bathroom shower this afternoon. Seriously! He's has also (in the past) laid tile in my guest half bathroom. He hopes to rebuild my deck later this summer. I'll ask him if he'd like some work in Durham if you'd like me to. PM me with your contact information and I'll pass it along.

9F 9F 9F

Cool more from this Gary guy

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post

The long-term goal of Christians in politics should be to gain exclusive control over the franchise. Those who refuse to submit publicly to the eternal sanctions of God by submitting to His Church's public marks of the covenant–baptism and holy comm–must be denied citizenship."

"This is God's world, not Satan's. Christians are the lawful heirs, not non-Christians."

Interesting fellow you follow.