Page 237 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1371872272352362372382392472873377371237 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Sounds like someone needs to make a contribution on the Official Recipe Thread. (ORT?)

I'd go with a pilsner.
    Pilsner, hmm, great minds think alike. See my later post that I entered after reading all of today's entries on this thread.

The fun of going to Schlafly's is that they make beer recommendations with their menu items. This is even better!

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieDukie View Post
    Sounds like all of you are going to have a fun time tailgating. Wish I could be there! I did spring for the sports package so I can watch all Duke and Arkansas football games, so I think I'll be able to watch the game - that is, assuming it's televised. If it is, we may just have a party at this end, complete with Schlafly's Pumpkin Ale. We can be with the tailgaters in spirit. Throaty et al, are you in?
    The game is on ESPNU at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    The game is on ESPNU at 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
    Thanks for the info, Tilly! That means that the party is on. Anyone want to come to St. Louis to watch the game?

Okay, end of posting for the night. I'm Jason Williams! I'll end with this thought for the beer experts: what's the appropriate brew to pair with the Presidential debate?
    Last edited by ArkieDukie; 10-15-2008 at 09:53 PM. Reason: added postscript

Okay, end of posting for the night. I'm Jason Williams! I'll end with this thought for the beer experts: what's the appropriate brew to pair with the Presidential debate?
    Hmm, if you're a conservative Republican, you have to go with Coors.

Real arugula-eating, volvo-driving Dem's drink a California Chardonnay.

Thanks for the info, Tilly! That means that the party is on. Anyone want to come to St. Louis to watch the game?

I'm NOT touching that one. I'll stick with brews and foods.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Now, I'm going to tell you all this but please, don't get jealous. Friday morning I'm off for the weekend to Rhinebeck, New York for the annual New York Sheep and Wool Festival. Really. With all of my knitting buddies. I know, I know, calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Now, I'm going to tell you all this but please, don't get jealous. Friday morning I'm off for the weekend to Rhinebeck, New York for the annual New York Sheep and Wool Festival. Really. With all of my knitting buddies. I know, I know, calm down.
    Us, jealous-naaaah

A strangely appropriate post for this thread's 4,500th.

Hope you find some good skeins. Do you have anything in mind? Personally, I'm partial to grey wool (have 6 sweaters, 2 ski hats, a scarf, and a pair of gloves.)

just wanted to be part of the thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kinghoops View Post
    Welcome, all the cool kids are doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    What Ymo said. No sense repeating when he said it best.

I know I said I wouldn't be, but I am a little jealous.

Welcome aboard. I congratulate you on making the decision to join us.

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Welcome aboard. I congratulate you on making the decision to join us.
    Welcome, Kinghoops! It is great to have another participant on the thread.

2535Miles - your new avatar makes me hungry - when do the biscuits arrive in Kansas?

Waterloo, Ontario (unfortunately, no longer in London England).
    Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Are you seriously trying to say that we're the cool kids around here?!? God help us.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I'm way cool. So's Tilly. I suspect Ymo is as well. Sue and Miles are cool. CathyCA, DA, DiK, ArkieDukie? Definitely cool. EJ defines cool. bb would be cool if he could escape from the closet. We'll still let you sit at our table, colchar, maybe the coolness will rub off.

I'm way cool. So's Tilly. I suspect Ymo is as well. Sue and Miles are cool. CathyCA, DA, DiK, ArkieDukie? Definitely cool. EJ defines cool. bb would be cool if he could escape from the closet. We'll still let you sit at our table, colchar, maybe the coolness will rub off.
    . . . and the LTE is the coolest thread of all!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Welcome, Kinghoops! It is great to have another participant on the thread.

2535Miles - your new avatar makes me hungry - when do the biscuits arrive in Kansas?
    I will personally deliver buttermilk biscuits to anyone that wants them. I require: 1 first class ticket, limousine service, shiatsu massage, and a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble.

If I were in NC, I would definitely bring biscuits to the Brunchgate. I am sad that I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by colchar View Post
    Are you seriously trying to say that we're the cool kids around here?!? God help us.
    How many people do you know that have their own song which was released by a major record label? Two links and you are there...

http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/...8&postcount=11