Page 758 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 25865870874875675775875976076880885812581758 ... LastLast
Results 15,141 to 15,160 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    What class?

(((((( good vibes regardless ))))))
    Thanks! Contracts (1st year of law school).

I refer to this as my midlife crisis = quit my job and went back to school (again- went back around 30 for my masters, and now this 10 years later).

Funny thing is, as stressful as this can be (and it IS, especially when compounded with the lack of sleep that this comparatively older student needs desperately), I'm happy and at peace being back in school. This stress is nothing compared to the circus I had been dealing with at previous jobs. Plus, I've been wanting to do this for about 25 years but never pulled the trigger. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe I was scared. Doesn't matter anymore. I'm here and (generally) enjoying it...

But I have a midterm on Monday. Yikes!

Edit: I should note that dealing with the stress for me is all about perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Thanks! Contracts (1st year of law school).

I refer to this as my midlife crisis = quit my job and went back to school (again- went back around 30 for my masters, and now this 10 years later).

Funny thing is, as stressful as this can be (and it IS, especially when compounded with the lack of sleep that this comparatively older student needs desperately), I'm happy and at peace being back in school. This stress is nothing compared to the circus I had been dealing with at previous jobs. Plus, I've been wanting to do this for about 25 years but never pulled the trigger. Maybe I was lazy. Maybe I was scared. Doesn't matter anymore. I'm here and (generally) enjoying it...

But I have a midterm on Monday. Yikes!

Edit: I should note that dealing with the stress for me is all about perspective.
    The Restatement of Laws has great black letter law and hypotheticals, you may want to peruse on your subject matter.

Good luck!

The Restatement of Laws has great black letter law and hypotheticals, you may want to peruse on your subject matter.

Good luck!
    Thanks! I'll definitely look into it. Right now I have the E&E and a book of briefs keyed to my casebook. I just want it to be done already.

I survived the midterm on Monday. Now to write an Office Memo. The exciting turn my life has taken (but a happy one).

Forgot to mention we did the barren cow case today. I sided with the dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    You will know best and worst when you truly understand The Rule Against Perpetuities
    And guess what I'm about to start for Property tomorrow. Prof said she was going to skip this but seems to have forgotten. Darn.

Forgot to mention we did the barren cow case today. I sided with the dissent.
    Rosie 2d?!? Haven't thought about her in decades. Yet, there it is.

(By the way, what is the name of that case?)

Pennoyer, btw, was a jerk. Just sayin'.

And guess what I'm about to start for Property tomorrow. Prof said she was going to skip this but seems to have forgotten. Darn.
    The rule is -- life in being plus 21 years. Still do not know what that means. I figured it could not be more than a question or two on the Bar Exam and I would focus elsewhere.

The rule is -- life in being plus 21 years. Still do not know what that means. I figured it could not be more than a question or two on the Bar Exam and I would focus elsewhere.
    Good plan because if I don't understand it after the lecture tomorrow, I may say the heck with it. Maybe if I have a cocktail before trying to understand it... holy moly this thing is insane. Greedy landowners in the 17th c.

It just keeps getting worse the more I read...

It just keeps getting worse the more I read...
    Al Gore had not invented the Internet yet when I was a law student, but Wikipedia has a good article on the Rule Against Perpetuities. When I was in school we had to Shepardize with about a dozen books and pamphlets.

Love to help (feel free to PM me on law school stuff) but this is not part of most real practices.

Love to help (feel free to PM me on law school stuff) but this is not part of most real practices.
    Thanks! I may take you up on that... especially thrilled at the moment since everything I've read so far has been repealed (just read that tidbit)... most excellent.

The Rule is officially stupid.

The Rule is officially stupid.
    perpetually!

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    perpetually!
    + 21 years.

Unless the state is a wait-and-see state, or changed 21 to 90 years, or dropped it altogether.

I like where our professor gave us quick note about a case where the CA Supreme Court said, yeah, the rule is stupid. Apparently that's the most recent case about the rule in CA. It was in the 60s. 'Nuff said.

The only 21 rule I am familiar with has to do with the cleaning of a golf ball in play. As far as I know it is applicable all over the world where golf is played. So what are we talking about here? Oh, yeah, I forgot. There is that rule that sets 21 as the age at which consumption of alcoholic beverages becomes legal. Lots of people violate that rule. Then there is Rule 21 for our local homeowners association that establishes the types of legal trash cans we may use. Lots of people violate that rule, too.

Maybe Rule 21 should be "The LTE should never drop to Page 2"...

And Pittsburgh fans will always associate 21 with Roberto Clemente...
    "Quality is not an option!"

I'm used to Robert Brickey as 21 setting the rules. At least vertically.

Quote Originally Posted by Turk View Post
    Maybe Rule 21 should be "The LTE should never drop to Page 2"...

And Pittsburgh fans will always associate 21 with Roberto Clemente...
    And a good association it is! A man who left us before his time.