Page 258 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 1582082482562572582592602683083587581258 ... LastLast
Results 5,141 to 5,160 of 67390
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    DiK let's get you to 728 before 4:40 EST.

What is your fav piece of jewelry.
    I have a Mom and Sisters ring - diamond my mom left me and two sapphires from her favorite ring to symbolize my two sisters. My sisters have the same ring. (We are a sappy bunch, aren't we?)

Quote Originally Posted by CathyCA View Post
    Wilson, have you thought about posting on a personals site on the internet? You might be able to meet some women in your area that way.
    Probably not a terrible suggestion, but I'm not that close to the end of my rope yet. Mostly I just feel like grousing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Wow, I'm sure you wanted to hear all of that...I guess I'm just bored?
    Of course, I wanted to hear that. I wish I knew someone in Atlanta for you. The women there must not be very smart if they can't see your worth.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I have a Mom and Sisters ring - diamond my mom left me and two sapphires from her favorite ring to symbolize my two sisters. My sisters have the same ring. (We are a sappy bunch, aren't we?)
    That's an awesome ring! I've never heard of a Mom and Sisters ring.

Now, to get you to 728: who is your favorite college basketball team?

Probably not a terrible suggestion, but I'm not that close to the end of my rope yet. Mostly I just feel like grousing at the moment.
    Posting on the internet has nothing to do with "not that close to the end of (your) rope." People just don't have time these days to meet the old fashioned way (whatever that was). And let's face it, when was the last time a couple who met in a bar lived happily ever after?

I highly recommend trying the internet. But be careful who you go out with, always trust your gut.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    That's an awesome ring! I've never heard of a Mom and Sisters ring.

Now, to get you to 728: who is your favorite college basketball team?
    I'm not sure that is an official ring called a mom and sisters ring. We just called it that because it worked out with the number of stones and sisters and Mom left them to us.

Favorite college basketball team - that's such a tough call. I guess I'll go with Duke Blue Devils.

Was there significance to getting me to 728 by 4:40pm Eastern?

GTHC, GTH just for good measure.

Ok - the milestone was 724, not 728, and I zoomed right by it and didn't notice who I was. I'm a starter again. What is the next milestone?

It's not a terrible suggestion at all. You can be just as picky and selective as you'd like when you're involved in online dating. Once you've tried it, you'll wonder why you ever tried to pick up a woman at a bar, or why you ever allowed your friends to try to set you up with someone.

Was there significance to getting me to 728 by 4:40pm Eastern?
    Nope, just a goal.

Well, I found something fun to do for a little while: Practice my handlebar moustache. I'm attending a Halloween party tomorrow night, for which I will be donning my pirate costume (a reprisal of the one I wore for International Talk Like a Pirate Day). Only this time, my whiskers have progressed to the point where the handlebar, a perfect accessory to a pirate ensemble, is possible. I actually sported the handlebar sans beard for about six months last year, but this is the first time I've done it in a while. It takes a certain amount of technique, so being a bit rusty, I decided to practice this afternoon. I gotta say, it's pretty boss.

My favorite piece is my um wedding ring, followed by my class ring and then my running watch (timex ironman).

Even though I have 3 other more expensive watches, I wear the running watch all the time.

My wife has some kind of ring that has birth stones for each of the children and a bracelet that has "little people" charms dangling with stones in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My favorite piece is my um wedding ring, followed by my class ring and then my running watch (timex ironman).

Even though I have 3 other more expensive watches, I wear the running watch all the time.

My wife has some kind of ring that has birth stones for each of the children and a bracelet that has "little people" charms dangling with stones in them.
    Good order of importance. I don't have a wedding ring, so that's why the Mom & Sisters ring can come first. Class ring is also important. I have another ring that was the last gift Mom gave me before she died. I had told my Dad that it wasn't a good sign if the jeweler was making deliveries to his wife while she was in the hospital. Turns out it was the ring she gave me - family heirloom setting with sapphires to replace the diamonds she had removed.

I gave up wearing a watch - it seems that there is always a clock around - computer, cell phone, VCR, cable box, etc., so I didn't replace the last one that broke.

I am a sucker for sparkly jewelry.

I am a sucker for sparkly jewelry.
    And apparently sparkly shoes as well.

And apparently sparkly shoes as well.
    I have been called a shoe whore.

I have been called a shoe whore.
    OMG!

Careful, you might be banned and defrocked or flogged for such comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    OMG!

Careful, you might be banned and defrocked or flogged for such comments.
    I've been called that in Church - so I think I might pass under the radar here.

Question - when they give you infractions, do they let you know? I like EJ but I don't want to join him in time out.

I've been called that in Church - so I think I might pass under the radar here.

Question - when they give you infractions, do they let you know? I like EJ but I don't want to join him in time out.
    Oh, you know when you get infractions. Don't you worry about that...

Question - when they give you infractions, do they let you know?
    Yes, they do. It's weird...I didn't even know my computer had a shock pad until I got a DBR infraction.

Yes, they do. It's weird...I didn't even know my computer had a shock pad until I got a DBR infraction.
    Be grateful it was a small one - you don't want to experience the fire pit behind your chair, ala Dr. Evil's henchmen at the beginning of Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery.

Maybe I should just go ahead and post 119 more times and get it done?

Do that and I'd wager you'd join EJ in the slammer.