Page 558 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 5845850854855655755855956056860865810581558 ... LastLast
Results 11,141 to 11,160 of 67382
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    APOLOGIES TO DIK!

I'm PM-challenged, apparently, ... Who the heck designs a form interface where the default focus is on the submit button, and not in the text entry form? I'd go to hit "enter" to start a new paragraph, and send a PM instead. Argh. ...
    Hey DA, isn't that some company out of Redmond WA called MS? A little different but same concept, how many times have you used MS Outlook and needed to attach a file before sending to only find that you have to resend because the attach "a file or item" button is right next to the "send" button. I can't tell you how many times I've done that especially after completing the master piece email.

Thumbs up

Was just wondering if one of the DBR'rs from FL is here at my work today in VA. I pulled into the garage here at work earlier this morning and backed into my spot right next to very nice cadillac to only look to the left and see a DUKE ALUMNI sticker on the back door window behind the driver. Wow, what a great way to kick off the morning! The plates were from FL, so was just thinking....

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Shouldn't you have posted this on the LTE? How are we going to get to 11,000 posts if you waste perfectly good posts in a new thread? And I have committed the same sin.
    Well apparently it got moved, and quickly forgotten in the obscurity of the LTE. If I want to post something that gets paid attention to for all of 2 seconds, I'd have posted it here the first time. Anyways, point proven.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Having to communicate with Mad-land this week, which means I have to wake up early, email, and phone at the times when you're suffering.

I'm down.
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Great! I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Well apparently it got moved, and quickly forgotten in the obscurity of the LTE. If I want to post something that gets paid attention to for all of 2 seconds, I'd have posted it here the first time. Anyways, point proven.
    I have suffered the exact same frustration from time to time!

In this case, I didn't ask to have it moved, I just wanted to get us closer to 11,000 posts
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Obscurity? We have 100,000+ views!!!!! Doesn't everybody read the LTE?

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I only need one more post for 1500. Hmmmm, I'll have to think about that one.

The LTE's outward release pits it's anxiety against the calm of Ymm, beer's inner quest.
    I was looking at the stats for both threads. Pretty amazing juxtaposition with the numbers. The LTE is of course, the most visited thread. But only in numbers. Ymm, beer has a higher percentage of views per replies (VPR).

thread---------------replies------------views
    Ymm, beer------------2128------------42,908
    LTE------------------10,884----------108,192

That's a 20% vs. 10% difference, and it means more people view what is written on Ymm, beer. I've deduced through strict scientific methods that this is because Ymm, beer offers information for the good of the community and that the LTE suffers from an incurable case of A.D.D..
    An excellent analysis. I believe I'll go have a beer...

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    On the other hand, if you do Replies per View (RPV), the LTE wins roughly 10% to 5%.

Where's the science? I see no hypothesis, experimentation/observation, etc...

I guess the RPV would lead me to think that the YB thread doesn't get people to respond as much. On the other hand, the LTE gets people to respond. Or maybe the percent of PWing is higher on the LTE.

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    I think your last sentence sums it up precisely...

I'm home. And sick. Won't be making it to the game watch tonight and I'll be lucky to make it through the game. Already announced I'm staying home tomorrow and maybe Fri.

Best of luck. More important to get well.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Best of luck. More important to get well.
    Thanks! I asked the pharmacist in CVS today if there's anything I can take to speed things along or make me feel better in the meanwhile... no dice.

Forgot to mention... my organization won Star of the Year at the conference I went to! There's Rookie of the Year, Innovator of the Year, and (the biggie) Star of the Year. Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by sue71 View Post
    Woohoo!
    Yes Woohoo indeed!

Thanks! I asked the pharmacist in CVS today if there's anything I can take to speed things along or make me feel better in the meanwhile... no dice.

Forgot to mention... my organization won Star of the Year at the conference I went to! There's Rookie of the Year, Innovator of the Year, and (the biggie) Star of the Year. Woohoo!
    Congratulations!!!

Feel better. We'll be sickies together across the continent. Blaahhhhhh . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Congratulations!!!

Feel better. We'll be sickies together across the continent. Blaahhhhhh . . . . . .
    I'm there with you, sistah. Are you still at your conference?

And thanks!

Woohoo indeed! Congrats! The org couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Now this sounds like a Brunchgate party to me!

Ain't no party like a Brunchgate party?

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ain't no party like a Brunchgate party?
    Should be plenty of wide open posting opportunities in, oh say, about an hour from now...

1 hour and 1 minute from your post...I'm just warming up!

Woohoo indeed! Congrats! The org couldn't and wouldn't have done it without you!
    Thanks!