Page 648 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 14854859863864664764864965065869874811481648 ... LastLast
Results 12,941 to 12,960 of 67381
    Quote Originally Posted by dukefanbrooklyn View Post
    i have no idea what's going onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What makes you think we do?

i have no idea what's going onnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Good point!

Safe travels, DinK!

Dang. I got hit with the 60 second rule even though I wasn't trying to PW.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    lol good answer.

lol good answer.
    Thank you very much.

100k!

My car crossed 100,000 miles this morning on the way to work! Maybe to celebrate I should get her detailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    My car crossed 100,000 miles this morning on the way to work! Maybe to celebrate I should get her detailed.
    I remember a 100,000 mile celebration while I was an undergrad. A fraternity brother's beat up old Dodge Dart had 99,998 miles on it - he told us this one morning about 1 a.m. and several of us piled into his car and he drove it around the traffic circle until it ticked over to 100,000.

9F 9F 9F

Still a long way to go...

"Not all who wander are lost..."

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I remember a 100,000 mile celebration while I was an undergrad. A fraternity brother's beat up old Dodge Dart had 99,998 miles on it - he told us this one morning about 1 a.m. and several of us piled into his car and he drove it around the traffic circle until it ticked over to 100,000.
    My goodness - how many turns did that require? (I think I'd get dizzy and carsick long before one mile, much less 2!)

I have to say, I'm ASTOUNDED that no one in this entire forum/site has mentioned anything about Erin Andrews' latest bit of news.

I'm pretty sure Throaty has an alibi, but don't know how far south he is Mississippi; it's possible to drive to St. Louis and back in a night.

Didn't see it, didn't go looking for it...we have Civony right here

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I have to say, I'm ASTOUNDED that no one in this entire forum/site has mentioned anything about Erin Andrews' latest bit of news.

I'm pretty sure Throaty has an alibi, but don't know how far south he is Mississippi; it's possible to drive to St. Louis and back in a night.
    The peephole thing? Peeping Toms going high-tech? Makes me wish for the old days when you had to climb a ladder like John Belushi in Animal House. The less said about that the better, IMHO.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Website idea - The Driving Wall of Shame.

When you see somebody being and absolute idiot on the road, you post their license plate number and a description of the egregious behavior. It probably won't change anything but it might make you feel better.

Example A - MA plate # 725 oh darn, I've already forgotten the last three digits, anyway, he was double parked on a road that, although it has two lanes, also has trolley tracks. When the trolley had to stop behind several cars lined up to turn left, nobody made it through 3 rounds of the stoplight.
    It kind of made me want to get out of my car and do some damage to his.

I see a flaw in this idea - remembering the plate number. Best write it down next time.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    My goodness - how many turns did that require? (I think I'd get dizzy and carsick long before one mile, much less 2!)
    Probably about 50 rotations around the circle.

I estimate the circumference of the traffic circle to be about 100 feet, so it might take about 53 rotations per mile. Also, I guess that the car traveled a short distance to reach the circle, perhaps half a mile. Further, the average distance required to move the odometer from 99,998 to 100,000 is 1.5 miles. So let's say they needed to cover 1 mile in the roundabout, or 50 laps. Q.E.D.

That's a load of horse hockey, but was fun writing.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    If anybody who reads this thread cares, I'm home and I'll be renting 'Lost' DVDs tonight.

We care!

Tonight I'll probably watch some more NCIS. My daughters are home for the summer and got us started on NCIS. We're catching up on the back episodes.

That show is on 6 to 12 hours a day. Someone set the DVR to record them all, and now we have a huge backlog of recorded shows.

The pressure to watch them all and catch up is unbearable. I think that I'll just have to start drinking heavily to self medicate with alcohol.

I thought seriously about a post to that effect but figgered (sic) I like maintaining my posting privileges more than commenting about those two subjects in the same sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    If anybody who reads this thread cares, I'm home and I'll be renting 'Lost' DVDs tonight.
    Cool! Can't wait to read your reviews.

9F 9F 9F

Built a new PC yesterday, installed Vista and Office 2007. But have stopped there. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    That's a load of horse hockey, but was fun writing.
    I haven't seen horse hockey yet, curious what the skates look like...or do they just use their hooves?