Page 309 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 2092592993073083093103113193594098091309 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,180 of 67398
    Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    And if Sue's around on the boards tonight, YOU may be crossing into the 2,000 zone later today!!

Congrats!!

NOTE: which will mean you'll be hitting Spanarkel level soon as well, which will mean devildeac will post another three posts, you'll comment twice, and so will I.

Just wanted to be sure Lavabe noticed and passed it on to ILJ.

On post 5916, I staated three.

It would have been more genius to do it in FIVE threads.
    I selected the 3 threads you were most likely to read.

Next time I may do it with footnotes or an annotated bibliography, if I could remember how to do one.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I selected the 3 threads you were most likely to read.

Next time I may do it with footnotes or an annotated bibliography, if I could remember how to do one.
    And did you see post #15 in the "Did you see the space shuttle tonight?" thread? You COULD have gotten 4 in ... easily.

Now THAT'S a court worth going to!

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Just wanted to be sure Lavabe noticed and passed it on to ILJ.
    Riiiiiiiiiight. Could it also be that you don't get credit for PM's?

You know, all the condiment, Scrabble, pickle, and "Off with your head" talk has put this thread in serious danger of falling to the second page.

You know, all the condiment, Scrabble, pickle, and "Off with your head" talk has put this thread in serious danger of falling to the second page.
    Preposterous!
    On with your head for rescuing it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    Preposterous!
    On with your head for rescuing it.
    The proper answer would have been:

SORRY!

And I haven't even been involved in the pickle discussion!

The proper answer would have been:

SORRY!
    In a bit of thread bleed, Sorry! is a great board game, too. We used to play about half a dozen games in row every time we got the thing out.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    In a bit of thread bleed, Sorry! is a great board game, too. We used to play about half a dozen games in row every time we got the thing out.
    I liked Mouse Trap, Life, & Candyland as a kid. Monopoly sometimes.

Though not a board game, Operation also.

I used to play board wargames. They never translated them well into computer games. Well, they did but the games have been passed by.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    I used to play board wargames. They never translated them well into computer games. Well, they did but the games have been passed by.
    You should try Age of Empires. I flippin' love Age of Empires.

I tried an earlier version. I stuck with Civ through its various incarnations...

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    I need a jump start.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    I need a jump start.
    Is it that cold in Boston?

Just to share here --

I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.

Oh, and also to share -- thanks, MBB team, for winning a game on my b-day yesterday. I didn't get to watch, as I was still at work, but it was nice to know the game was going on and our guys pulled it out.

My b-day treat to myself was hiring housekeepers to come in and clean the place up. It's so nice to go into this weekend not worrying that i have to spend the next two days cleaning for my parents' arrival next week! Ahh, shiny clean bathrooms and floors -- loverly.

Oh, and lastly, Mr. DA rocks for, amongst other nice touches yesterday, getting me microwaveable socks as a b-day present! My feet are always cold, so he went out and found "Spa Socks," to help keep my tootsies toasty!

My plan for tomorrow evening, after being full on crab, is to curl up on the couch with my hot socks, with some Mac & Jack's beer, and watch the tivo'd Duke vs. Mich game. Bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Just to share here --

I'm going crab hunting tomorrow!

I suppose others might say, "I'm going crabbing," but that, to me, implies using a trap or bait line. I'll actually be SCUBA diving, chasing after the little buggers. (Well, big buggers, as they have to be a certain size and all.) It is more of an actual hunt, as I have to find and grab them up.

Shortly after the dive - ymm, crab boil!

And Devildeac, I picked up a couple growlers of beer from the local Mac & Jack's brewery, to add to the feast. Can't wait.
    Sounds delicious. Post reviews on the "ymm, beer" thread. Send a growler or two if you can (unrealistic expectation)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Oh, and lastly, Mr. DA rocks for, amongst other nice touches yesterday, getting me microwaveable socks as a b-day present! My feet are always cold, so he went out and found "Spa Socks," to help keep my tootsies toasty!

My plan for tomorrow evening, after being full on crab, is to curl up on the couch with my hot socks, with some Mac & Jack's beer, and watch the tivo'd Duke vs. Mich game. Bliss!
    Microwaveable socks? Never heard of such thingies. I'd hang onto that guy for a while. A LONG while.