Page 755 of 3371 FirstFirst ... 25565570574575375475575675776580585512551755 ... LastLast
Results 15,081 to 15,100 of 67406
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    You must have lived on West Campus.
    That was more like, "Beer before... no, wait, liquor before... Oh, eff it, give me more purple punch."

power outages in virginia

I have a superb headache after two days without power in the latest round of storms POST-4th of July.

Farm living is no longer the life for me.
    No water, no electricity= one cranky weezie.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I have a superb headache after two days without power in the latest round of storms POST-4th of July.

You just made the Green Acres theme song go through my head. The invitation to hide out in Kansas still stands - but I understand that flights in and out of here at the moment are touch with the All Star game tomorrow. And I don't have a/c at the moment - will be getting a quote on a new system in the morning.

You are always welcome to come to Georgia and hang in the pool, although the water was 95 degrees today.

Really.

Oh no fun at all. Vibes to you. Cool ones.

Cool vibes did the trick, thanks Sue!

And now, on the 50th anniversary of the Stones first gig, if they give us one more tour...who's in?

I may just buy an RV and follow them around!

And now, on the 50th anniversary of the Stones first gig, if they give us one more tour...who's in?

I have seen them twice. It's bucket-list-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I have seen them twice. It's bucket-list-worthy.
    Saw them at WW in 2005 after someone gave us $160 tix on the field about 30 rows back. Awesome show. Not ready to get in the RV and follow them around the US (but then again, weezie hasn't invited me. Yet). That has been checked off the bucket list along with attending the 2010 NC.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I'll join you - only if your MIL stays behind, though.

Thoroughly enjoyed them in WW! Would love to join Weezie's crowd in an RV for a few days of being a groupie Never done that before!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Successful shareholder's brunch today. Served scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, ham, cheesy grits with shrimp, muffins, fruit, biscuits, and sausage gravy. We then shared a video presentation showing our week in Gulf Shores. Long weekend but well worth it.

Chuckle of the day - several people asked if the gravy was a mix. When they found out it wasn't, they wanted the recipe. I'm not sure how to write down brown sausage, guess on the amount of flour to add, add milk and cook until it is a decent thickness. I am, however, the proud owner of 10 white ceramic gravy boats - only used once! I love a good bargain - $2.98 per boat. I really wanted 12. Anyone have a Pier One near them?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Successful shareholder's brunch today. Served scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, ham, cheesy grits with shrimp, muffins, fruit, biscuits, and sausage gravy. We then shared a video presentation showing our week in Gulf Shores. Long weekend but well worth it.

Chuckle of the day - several people asked if the gravy was a mix. When they found out it wasn't, they wanted the recipe. I'm not sure how to write down brown sausage, guess on the amount of flour to add, add milk and cook until it is a decent thickness. I am, however, the proud owner of 10 white ceramic gravy boats - only used once! I love a good bargain - $2.98 per boat. I really wanted 12. Anyone have a Pier One near them?
    If we send you a boat do we get an envelope of gravy in return?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post

Send a couple or three to OPK. I'd bet he returns them filled to the brim with his special gravy about 4 months from now.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Send a couple or three to OPK. I'd bet he returns them filled to the brim with his special gravy about 4 months from now.
    Great minds think alike. Some a bit more quickly than mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kmspeaks View Post
    Sure thing!

It is NEVER too early to start thinking about Thanksgiving. Or my mashed potato stockpile.

My sister went to East Carolina University. Every once in a while she expresses her fandom

I just updated "My Profile/Duke Affiliation" a few minutes ago adding DIL-D-11 as my son married a recent Duke Div grad last PM in Greensboro.

I just updated "My Profile/Duke Affiliation" a few minutes ago adding DIL-D-11 as my son married a recent Duke Div grad last PM in Greensboro.
    Congrats!

I got to see nephew Sam in a summer theatre league production of The Sound of Music the last weekend in July. He did a great job as Captain Georg von Trapp. He made his two aunts tear up with his first song. I wish PA wasn't so far away so I could hear him moe often.