Page 192 of 3370 FirstFirst ... 921421821901911921931942022422926921192 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 67398

lte

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Lots of silly work today, but enough time to post a congrats to BD on her milestone. WAY TO GO, BD!!

I was completely shocked at BD's PW blitz. Then again, it doesn't seem to be as crazy as the EJam thread blitz, which got consolidated.

I have to go up to Notre Dame this weekend. Anything good to do up there? Any good brews or hot dogs?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    1. see a FB game?
    2. I'd bet you could find some good Chicago or Michigan or Ohio brews. See if you can locate any Celis products (White, Bock, Grand Cru, Raspberry).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    1. see a FB game?
    2. I'd bet you could find some good Chicago or Michigan or Ohio brews. See if you can locate any Celis products (White, Bock, Grand Cru, Raspberry).
    1. I wish.
    2. Can get most good Ohio brews here already. Likewise, I can get here some Bell's and Goose Island. Will try Celis.

Hmm... no good Indiana brew?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

ymm, beer

1. I wish.
    2. Can get most good Ohio brews here already. Likewise, I can get here some Bell's and Goose Island. Will try Celis.

Hmm... no good Indiana brew?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Celis is an interesting story. Peter Celis (IIRC) was a brewmaster for Hoegarden (sp?) and moved to Austin (?), Texas about 12 years ago to re-create his Celis White there because the H20 mineral content was so similar there to what was used in Hoegarden. I thought it was a remarkably similar brew. He then moved to Meechigan and I don't know why. Celis was produced there for a while but I never had any of it. If it is still brewed, I'd love to have some of their products again.

Indiana brews? Hmm, try the Alcatraz Brewing Company brewpub in Indianapolis. Yea, it's kinda far from South Bend but might make a nice lunch or dinner stop.

Congratulations BD!

Hey BD,
    Congrats on your 1000th post. I have to admit, I teared up reading it.

Tilly (you can call me Tilly anytime, I'll respond)

Sorry I missed the PW marathon. Work got in the way, has it has lately. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    Sorry I missed the PW marathon. Work got in the way, has it has lately. Arrrrgggghhhh!!!!
    The post above was me trying to be like devildeac.

Smile

OY... the 4PM hour contained NO posts.

Perhaps we should come up with a discussion point guaranteed to bring into the LTE some new blood.

Who will be the next new poster to the LTE?

Hmm...

I'll choose Jason Evans. Any other guesses out there?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

OY... the 4PM hour contained NO posts.

Perhaps we should come up with a discussion point guaranteed to bring into the LTE some new blood.

Who will be the next new poster to the LTE?

Hmm...

I'll choose Jason Evans. Any other guesses out there?

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    My money is on toughbuff1

Can someone give me a brief synopsis of this thread, or do I have to read all 182 pages :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    My money is on toughbuff1
    2535, doest thou have psychic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by toughbuff1 View Post
    Can someone give me a brief synopsis of this thread, or do I have to read all 182 pages :-)
    See below. Although if you read all 182 pages, you might find some really entertaining stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Here it is - number 1000

Monkey, please pay attention.

A couple of weeks ago, the idea was floated to have a day where we all went crazy in the LTE. Post as many times as possible in the span of 24 hours. I suggested September 9th as the day. Well, we never made it official, but I will start things off, again.

Way back in December 2007, BD had the idea to encourage PWing on a scale not yet seen at DBR. We were to pull together and leave threads like Duke's new football coach and President W's mispronunciation of Battier in the dust. Anything was fair game here except anything that belongs on the PPB because here, we all just get along. It started with PopTarts, it quickly deterioated into insults. The insults were fun but ultimately not sustaining. We've been through yogurt and movies and snow and NASCAR and self-congratulatory accolades. I think devildeac has the record for consecutive posts. Whenever the thread drops to the second page somebody bumps it in disbelief, not always the same person.

We have become a group of 21st Century friends. We know each other fairly well even though I couldn't pick anybody but Tilly, CathyCA, and devil84 out of a lineup. Tilly's name isn't actually Tilly but I think I called her that several times when I met her. I suspect she thinks of me as BD. There have been requests for good vibes and we've virtually helped each other move and take new jobs. There used to be many more threads that petered out after 3 or 4 posts, I think most of those random ideas wind up here these days. Some topics die quickly, some linger, some go away only to reappear weeks or even months later. Fleetwood Mac is one of these. You don't have to read all 180 pages to catch the drift around here. At least I think you don't. I believe you can jump in and go from here.

Lavabe has moved from Atlanta to Kentucky. ArkieDukie moved too. billybreen has been MIA for awhile, I'm starting to worry about him. Tilly keeps everybody sane. EarlJam keeps us all insane. There's a lot of comparisons of Macs and Microsoft but I'll be honest, I forget who's who in that argument. Dogs are owned, cats are owned. Babies, not so many, but we welcome the occasional cute kid story. Blublood usually supplies those.

So here's to you, all of my internet friends. I wouldn't have made it to 1000 posts without you. Have a virtual drink on me.

Welcome to the LTE toughbuff1. Sorry, should have put that in the post above. But, then I wouldn't be able to PW, in the tradition of my good friends devildeac and ymobethere, love you guys.

2535, doest thou have psychic powers?
    No. Unfortunately, mind reading is not among the many of my super powers. However, sending well-timed PM's is one of my powers. Welcome aboard toughbuff1.

No. Unfortunately, mind reading is not among the many of my super powers. However, sending well-timed PM's is one of my powers. Welcome aboard toughbuff1.
    A-ha! I thought it was a conspiracy!!

Ok I have a hypothetical. If we were to get another board, where Earl Jam (and anyone else) could post whatever he wanted, free of the mods whims..would this thread be moved to said board, or would it stay in OT?

A-ha! I thought it was a conspiracy!!
    Whaaaaa? Meeeeeeee? I'm so innocent and sweet. There's no conspiracy here.

Smile

Congrats to 2535, a.k.a. Tinkerbell (for a few moments at least).

SEE... we'll get some new blood in here to hold up (or down) the traditions of the LTE!

Who will be the next new person on the LTE?

The more, the merrier on the biggest thread in the DBR!

Isn't Wilson the LTE historian?

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Welcome to the LTE toughbuff1. Sorry, should have put that in the post above. But, then I wouldn't be able to PW, in the tradition of my good friends devildeac and ymobethere, love you guys.
    Thanks and thanks!

toughbuff1, being that you're in Baltimore, are you an O's fan?
    Last edited by TillyGalore; 09-09-2008 at 06:01 PM. Reason: correct spelling of toughbuff

toughbluff1, being that you're in Baltimore, are you an O's fan?
    Yes, unfortunately.

Ok I have a hypothetical. If we were to get another board, where Earl Jam (and anyone else) could post whatever he wanted, free of the mods whims..would this thread be moved to said board, or would it stay in OT?
    This thread would have to remain here. The LTE, along with Two Posts..., is a cornerstone of the OTB.