Thread: McClure vs Pitt

McClure vs Pitt

I think David McClure has the opportunity to play a big role in tonights game. He plays smart (experienced) on the defensive end and I think that can really help us. I recall him playing Hansblabla and other bigger guys tough down low. He gives us another option against Blair. I think he may be the difference in a game where both teams are matched up pretty well.

Anyone else see this happening tonight?

Yes, I think he matches up against Blair better than Zoubek would. I'm really excited to see him back. And I am soooo pumped for tonight's game! From the sound of the article that was linked on the front page about Zoubek and McClure, it sounds like they are too!

I think you are right... He is also just another option for us to play Blair very aggresively. Obviously, we need Sinlger to stay out of foul trouble. But if you count Mcclure, Zoub, Thomas, Singler, King, Their are 25 fouls there and more notabley Mcclure, Zoub, and Thomas have 15 fouls who are players that we need to play well, but players we do not count on to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Travi_K View Post
    But if you count Mcclure, Zoub, Thomas, Singler, King, Their are 25 fouls there and more notabley Mcclure, Zoub, and Thomas have 15 fouls who are players that we need to play well, but players we do not count on to win.
    If only Lance weren't injured...

But I still like our chances. I'm sure K has done his homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Travi_K View Post
    I think you are right... He is also just another option for us to play Blair very aggresively. Obviously, we need Sinlger to stay out of foul trouble. But if you count Mcclure, Zoub, Thomas, Singler, King, Their are 25 fouls there and more notabley Mcclure, Zoub, and Thomas have 15 fouls who are players that we need to play well, but players we do not count on to win.
    We may be without Thomas.

any word on how he is progressing and the possibility of him playing tonight?
    i don't think we should rush him back, in the grand scheme of things it is a relativel meaningless game in december... not an acc game in february

Quote Originally Posted by godukecom View Post
    any word on how he is progressing and the possibility of him playing tonight?
    i don't think we should rush him back, in the grand scheme of things it is a relativel meaningless game in december... not an acc game in february
    I saw him in CIS the day of the Albany game running and taking some jumpers. He looked like he was coming along nice, but I doubt he is ready to go tonight

on mcclure, i wonder if he's got his conditioning back just yet to be counted as a major contributor versus the gutty Pitt team. I hope so and we very sorely (no pun is intended) need his defensive intensity.

I hope he can bring it!

GO DUKE!

dth.

Quote Originally Posted by kydevil View Post
    I saw him in CIS the day of the Albany game running and taking some jumpers. He looked like he was coming along nice, but I doubt he is ready to go tonight
    I thought he was limping pretty obviously walking off court after the Albany game, so I would think he'd need more time before coming back.

Let's all hope Dave's ready because I don't think we

count on our big guy for much against a top 20 team.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    count on our big guy for much against a top 20 team.
    Bah. Who would have thought we could count on Casey Sanders and Reggie Love to step at the end of the 2001 season to get a big win over UNC and capture an ACC title? Critique of a past performance is one thing, but let's not count out one of our guys before the game even starts.