We have so many players with a high basketball I.Q.

I know it's Duke but we certainly have an abundance of extremely smart basketball players. Scheyer, Dave, Singler, Gerald, Greg, Smith, King, DeMarus and Jordan (his assist last night was teriffic) have extremely high basketball instincts. It's so much fun to watch them play with the freedom Coach K has allowed them to have this year. Their passing, ball reversal, and (except for last night) intense defense is great to view.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilsfan View Post
    I know it's Duke but we certainly have an abundance of extremely smart basketball players. Scheyer, Dave, Singler, Gerald, Greg, Smith, King, DeMarus and Jordan (his assist last night was teriffic) have extremely high basketball instincts. It's so much fun to watch them play with the freedom Coach K has allowed them to have this year. Their passing, ball reversal, and (except for last night) intense defense is great to view.
    I agree with your analysis but would point out that an orchestra with great musicians requires a maestro to direct and bring it all together...

Talk about basketball IQ, the point who finished the game has to be right up there with the best of the best. Has skills too!

Talking basketball IQs imo is a misnomer. People see things differently (okay, Greybeard, get to the point). As I've mentioned earlier, for example, I think that several Duke players were hampered last year because their basketball IQs, their vision, saw the game, their offensive games in particular, at a much, much faster pace, rhythm, than K wanted to play. I'm talking Nelson and Henderson here, in particular. Those guys not only have tremendous athletic skills, but have tremendous smarts that are attuned to those skills. They see and have developed the ability to execute at extremely high revs.

Now that K has a game plan that allows for such a pace, you are seeing Nelson and Henderson outsmart equally gifted athletes. Smarts go with performance. The gifts that many of the other players have is that they can see and play to that beat, as well as their own preferred ones. You don't hear or see from them, in the words of the ole American Bandstand, "Great Beat, but I can't dance to it."

K has shown remarkable versatility this year.