Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    There was the short-lived "harass them, harass them. Make them relinquish the ball" cheer. During the smart-^$%^$%^$% years.

"We beg to differ."

To be completly fair..

Its hard to cheer when there is enough room to drive the visitors between your group and the next cluster of people closest to you.

I am looking forward to the day where I have to yell at the person next to me because I can't hear him. Instead of because the person next to me is 1 section over from me. Who was it that said winning isn't everything, but it fixes all things

Great idea by the way to put tickets on sale way early, get them sold while there is a fever pitch about football

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBlueDevil View Post
    Here hoping for dukefootballreport.com!
    Can we try to create a spinoff? Sort of like a TV series...

"From the producers of DBR, we bring you...DFR!"

Sounds like a winner to me
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

One thing that struck me as a little odd in the press conference was Coach Cut saying he drove down here and checked himself into a motel. Isn't it pretty much SOP to fly in candidates and put them up in a hotel, especially a candidate of Cut's stature?

Not to nitpick, and obviously if we erred it didn't work against us, but still. A little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by crote View Post
    One thing that struck me as a little odd in the press conference was Coach Cut saying he drove down here and checked himself into a motel. Isn't it pretty much SOP to fly in candidates and put them up in a hotel, especially a candidate of Cut's stature?

Not to nitpick, and obviously if we erred it didn't work against us, but still. A little odd.
    From what he said at the press conference, that was his decision to maintain a lower profile. It seemed he did not want the publicity of a plane, etc.

I think...

Quote Originally Posted by crote View Post

That was to keep it on the DL. Plus, he doesn't sleep, what else was he going to do

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    Wait until you get a load of the staff he's putting together.
    http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2007/...t-coordinator/

I like the "Cut" of this man's jib. I believe this is an extremely good hire. I want to get tickets as soon as possible. I don't want to hear anyone in the stadium whistling Always Look on the Bright Side of Life. (unless of course, it would be for the comfort of losing opponents)

I just noticed this in Frank Dascenzo's column from today's Herald-Sun:

Say what you mean and mean what you say is one of Cutcliffe's favorites. He will throw the football at Duke. Two of his former pupils, Peyton and Eli Manning, will be in Durham next spring. Cutcliffe will have a quarterback camp. You think potential QBs will put Duke on their recruiting stops now?
    How cool will it be to have Peyton and Eli at Duke for a camp? I think the endorsement of two of the NFL's most visible quarterbacks will really help on the recruiting trail.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    There was the short-lived "harass them, harass them. Make them relinquish the ball" cheer. During the smart-^$%^$%^$% years.
    And from the intellectual smartasses in DUMB "harass them, harass them. Make them relinquish the oblong spheroid!"

And I uttered the fumble play cheer many times this past year. Sometimes, it even worked!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

If I remember correctly from 1971-75, the words went like this:

"Harrass them! harrass them! Compell them to relinquish the ball!

Maim them! Maim them! Strew the field with intestinal gore!"

Quite rolls off the tongue, doesn't it? But, as always, I could be wrong.

dare i hope...?

WOW! the potiential to GUT UT's staff with this hire did not dawn on me till I read this. I lived in Knox for a while, so I kinda like the Vols... (Even tho their colors are saftey orange and the whole state tries to cash in on the sacrifice of 3 lone volunteers...) No really, I kid, but I hold no ill will toward them at all. I've always been kind of envious of their football success.

I read on the board that UT wanted a coach that cold take them past 9-4 seasons... uhh, If Coach Cut gets at 9-4 consistently I cant imagine anyone on this board complaining about it. EVER!!!

Best wishes to UT and thanks for everything.

during and after the press conference - big time coach, better students

I notice that we have just offered

a 4 star rated QB

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73...=1&nid=2789796

QB Sean Renfree from Scottsdale (AZ) Notre Dame Prep

made his way east to get an offer from Georgia Tech.

Stanford and a number of big programs have offered.

Now that Stanford has signed Andrew Luck - a 4 star rated qb, and now with Coach Cut, we might have a chance.

I liked what Coach had to say about throwing and avoiding sacks - he is not gonna let his team ride on the long ball pass play. He will expect production every play, every series.

Sean Renfree meets Stanford's admissions criteria - apparently is a good student.

As time goes on, I think in recruiting it will prove that admissions need not be lowered to attract better players - a big time coach will attract better players who are also better students.

Coach Cut's drive from Knoxville

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    From what he said at the press conference, that was his decision to maintain a lower profile. It seemed he did not want the publicity of a plane, etc.
    According to Barry Jacob's piece on WRAL on-line, he attended his 7 year old daughter's dance recital and then drove, catching a few hours sleep before the presser. My guess would be that if it was after 8-9 PM, it would be tough to catch a flight that late(any one know of any direct flights from Knoxville to RDU?) and then connect that late to RDU. Guess he also could have made the flight/s in the AM on Saturday. I'm just glad he arrived and presented himself so well.

Somewhere here it was reported that he drove, arriving in Durham about 2:30 AM.

It wasn't for the press conference, it was for his interview with the search committee on Wednesday. Very good chance the small(er) airport in Knoxville wouldn't have a direct flight into RDU at that hour and it's really just a straight shot on I-40 to get here from there as long as you don't need sleep (which he said in the press conference that he doesn't think he does).
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Driving directly to Durham

Quote Originally Posted by jjasper0729 View Post
    Very good chance the small(er) airport in Knoxville wouldn't have a direct flight into RDU at that hour
    You can't get here from there, at least not without going through Atlanta, Charlotte or somewhere else. And since Paul Johnson was already in Atlanta...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com