For the first time in years...

I may actually watch the NIT. There is potential for some good basketball, in that so many experts missed out on predictions for the Big Dance. So with 7 ACC teams in, who would be our NIT reps. State, FSU, Clemson? Add Drexel and Syracuse it could be fun.

Nit

As someone who loves the ACC and can't get enough basketball in March I've watched the NIT quite a bit over the years. What I've found is that it's one of the toughest things to predict--ever. We assume teams like Florida State and Cuse will have something to prove, and will also be the best teams, but all too often those teams lose in round one.

NIT matchups also seem purely made for TV. Watch Clemson and Michigan play in 1st round or something random like that, while 2 teams you never heard of play each other.

Bottom line is I think many of the major conference teams who had a shot at the 64 (and who we think might do well) just aren't motivated enough, and rarely move on...

They're actually seeding the NIT

all the way through (1-8) in each of the four regions for 32 teams this year. Could prevent some second round matchups in recent years like Mizzou-Michigan that pit some of the overall better teams together early for TV reasons. I also have to agree with drion97 that it is difficult to tell which teams are going to be motivated and which teams don't care.

Somebody actually has an NIT bracketology site
    www.nitology.com
    He doesn't even have UConn in and it doesn't look like Dave Odom and South Carolina get a chance to 3-peat either.