Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
Hopefully with the announcement that the press conference for hiring David Cutcliffe is on Saturday at 5 p.m., we can officially kill this thread!

If this does indeed become reality, let me offer my congratulations to Mr. Cutcliffe and welcome him to the Duke family, and let me congratulate Joe Alleva for doing a good job on the search and doing it right.
Well then how about a new thread.

It's official David Cutcliffe will be announced at 5:00 today, according to multiple sources:

GoVols.com
Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe will become the new football coach at Duke and he will be introduced Saturday at a 5 p.m. news conference in Durham, N.C., the News Sentinel has learned.
News and Observer

Duke University has hired Tennessee offensive coordinator David Cutcliffe as its next football coach, four sources confirmed for The News & Observer on Friday night.
Duke scheduled a news conference for 5 p.m. today to announce the hire.

Reached at his office in Knoxville, Tenn., by the N&O at 9:10 p.m., Cutcliffe sounded upbeat, but said he couldn't talk about the Duke job yet.
Herald Sun

David Cutcliffe will be introduced as Duke's new head football coach at a 5 p.m. news conference Saturday, a source close to the situation confirmed Friday.
grimbogey

Friday, December 14, 2007
Its Official: Cutcliffe To Be Introduced Tommorow Afternoon

It's official. This just came into my mailbox...

** MEDIA ADVISORY **

Duke University will hold a press conference on Saturday, December 15 at 5 p.m. to announce the hiring of its new football coach.
They can't all be wrong...can they?