Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jason's next movie reviews

Several folks hae asked via PM and on the board so...

I am seeing I Am Legend tonight at a screening and There Will Be Blood tomorrow AM. I'll try to put up reviews as soon as possible. I may get to a screening of Sweeney Todd next week, but need to arrange a baby sitter.

--Jason "my wife is seeing The Kite Runner next Wednesday, I'll let you know what she thinks of it too" Evans

Thanks. I mentioned in another thread that I'm looking forward to Blood, so I look forward to your take.

Have you seen Juno?

National Treasure 2

I'm curious about National Treasure 2. I know sequels aren't necessarily as good as the original, though will probably see this just to satisfy my curiosity. Plus, I don't see Helen Mirren saying yes to a bad script.

Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I'm curious about National Treasure 2. I know sequels aren't necessarily as good as the original, though will probably see this just to satisfy my curiosity. Plus, I don't see Helen Mirren saying yes to a bad script.
    Was the original any good? The reviews looked so so, and I never saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I loved it and (sadly) watch it every time it's on TV, like last night. Oh, I'm not a Nick Cage fan, but he is great in this movie.

I recommend the video versus seeing on TV due to commercials.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My kids LOVED National Treasure, so much so that I bought the DVD. I admit, I'm a bit of a sucker for 'figuring out the clues' and all the historical references were fun. Great movie? No, but a fun one. The kids are clamoring to see Book of Secrets as soon as it comes out and in a year where I paid money to see Daddy Day Camp, I'm looking forward to it too.

(Aside, amazingly enough Daddy Day Camp passed my kids movie test, I didn't fall asleep and it had a discernable plot. The kid actors however were some of the worst I've ever seen. Was that really the best they could do?)

National Treasure is definitely a fun movie to watch. I saw it with my grandfather and he loved it, which is huge considering he doesn't stay awake for most movies. I enjoyed how they tied so many different things from American history into it. I'm also not a big Nicholas Cage fan but did like him in this movie. It's not a life changing experience or anything, but it is an enjoyable couple of hours.

I think calling it a "TNT New Classic" is the most apt description.

reviews

Funny, I AM a Nicholas Cage fan, but I couldn't make it through National Treasure ... just hated it.

I'm very much looking forward to Sweeney Todd. A great musical and the teaming of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp should be interesting.

I'm looking forward to I Am Legend. The book is great, but the movie adaptations have been terrible (The Omega Man is laughable!), so I'm at least interested to see how this one is. Anticipating the review.

Thanks. I mentioned in another thread that I'm looking forward to Blood, so I look forward to your take.

Have you seen Juno?
    I really liked Juno when I saw it, although I can understand some people's comments along the lines of "Her language is too advanced for a 16 year old." I recommend it highly.

My mom saw Sweeney Todd a couple nights ago and liked it but said it was very gory. Sorry if that doesn't provide much insight. I could see it this weekend, but I don't think that I'm going to have time to make it to the screening.

My kids are 13 and 8 (both boys) so it can be hard to find movies that they both like. I'm pretty conservative about what I let the 8 year old see, and the 13 year old, like all 13 year olds thinks he is too sophisticated for anything that his little brother woudl actually like.

National Treasure was a godsend. It was one of the rare movies that the whole family loved. On a similar note both boys also liked Ratatouille.

I am seeing NT: Book of Secrets next Wednesday. I had the day wrong on my wife's Kite Runner screening, it is Monday.

-Jason "I have a screening of Sweeney Todd but am not sure I am gonna be able to make it" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    I really liked Juno when I saw it, although I can understand some people's comments along the lines of "Her language is too advanced for a 16 year old." I recommend it highly.
    Thanks! I'm not sure when it's coming to Boston, but I hope it's soon.

I'm really looking forward to Atonement and The Kite Runner.

16. Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post

Have you seen Juno?
    I wasn't able to make it to any of the previews, but a co-blogger of mine saw "Juno" and posted a review here.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    I wasn't able to make it to any of the previews, but a co-blogger of mine saw "Juno" and posted a review here.
    Nice, thanks. That review says pretty much what I was hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDiablo View Post
    Yep, I agree with that review. I'm too lazy to write out my own reviews, but feel that your friend captured much of what I thought about it. The dialogue is great, although perhaps too perfect. Who always has a snappy comeback to everything?

Quote Originally Posted by Clipsfan View Post
    Yep, I agree with that review. I'm too lazy to write out my own reviews, but feel that your friend captured much of what I thought about it. The dialogue is great, although perhaps too perfect. Who always has a snappy comeback to everything?
    Ahh, the Joss Whedon syndrome.

Ahh, the Joss Whedon syndrome.
    I call it the Aaron Sorkin syndrome.