Can Davidson pull it off?

Halfway through the first half against UCLA, they're up 28-11. Sweet.

Davidson vs. UCLA

This game is on right now on WGN Superstation. Davidson is giving UCLA a run for their money. They are up early 28:13.

Go cats.

Let's go, Davidson

30-14 Davisdon 7:02 to go 1st half

Davidson looking good

32-16 Davidson, 5 and a half to go in the first half

Pac-10? More like Pah-10.

UCLA has not looked good all season. I knew it was only a matter of time before they got "upset" by Texas. They had snuck out of a few other close games (see Michigan St) and I wouldnt be surprised to see them fall today.

We heard so much about Kevin Love in the preseason and he hasn't even been the best player out of his own state. Love has struggled and Singler has been a beast

Too much to ask for...Davidson has foul issues, which resulted in it being unable to keep up its pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    UCLA has not looked good all season. I knew it was only a matter of time before they got "upset" by Texas. They had snuck out of a few other close games (see Michigan St) and I wouldnt be surprised to see them fall today.

We heard so much about Kevin Love in the preseason and he hasn't even been the best player out of his own state. Love has struggled and Singler has been a beast
    Love has struggled? He's averaging a double-double and scoring 17 a game. UCLA will be there in the end. Actually, even at this point in the season, they played Davidson better than either UNC or Duke did (not that such a transitive comparison really matters). They dominated Davidson after falling behind.

Quote Originally Posted by mehmattski View Post
    Pac-10? More like Pah-10.
    Pac-10 is the #1 Pomeroy conference, #1 Sagarin conference, and the #2 RPI conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Pac-10 is the #1 Pomeroy conference, #1 Sagarin conference, and the #2 RPI conference.
    For what it's worth, Illinois took Arizona to overtime today. Anyone catch the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    And the ACC is the #2 Pomeroy conference by less than one one-hundreth of a point, and the #1 RPI conference.

Meanwhile I think that Mercer, Siena, Kansas, Texas, and Memphis might have something to say about the quality of the top of the conference. Washington State, meanwhile, is going to have to play someone further up the totem pole than Gonzaga to convince me of anything. Every year, teams from the top of the Pac-10 claim to be awesome and every year teams from the bottom of the Pac-10 knock them off. Then, all of a sudden, the bottom of the Pac 10 is good too! When in reality, the whole lot of them (save UCLA) are a bunch of pretentders. This century, they've only had 2 Final Four teams and no national championships. The Big East and Big XII I take seriously, but not the Pac-10.

And the ACC is the #2 Pomeroy conference by less than one one-hundreth of a point, and the #1 RPI conference.

Meanwhile I think that Mercer, Siena, Kansas, Texas, and Memphis might have something to say about the quality of the top of the conference. Washington State, meanwhile, is going to have to play someone further up the totem pole than Gonzaga to convince me of anything. Every year, teams from the top of the Pac-10 claim to be awesome and every year teams from the bottom of the Pac-10 knock them off. Then, all of a sudden, the bottom of the Pac 10 is good too! When in reality, the whole lot of them (save UCLA) are a bunch of pretentders. This century, they've only had 2 Final Four teams and no national championships. The Big East and Big XII I take seriously, but not the Pac-10.
    So let's say the Pac-10 is the #2 Pomeroy conference instead. Still a good conference. And upsets happen. I'm pretty sure some ACC teams have suffered some surprising losses as well.

how closely did you watch college basketball last year? the pac-10 did a lot better in the ncaat than the acc. ucla? wash st? usc? oregon? they hardly were pretenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post

Im usually all for Duke but your statement about Singler being better then Love may be... Untrue.

Singler | Love
    PPG 14.1 | 17.3
    RPG 6.9 | 9.9
    A/TO .53 | 1.27
    FG % 57.6% | 56.6%
    FT% 82% | 73%
    BLK PG 1 | .5
    STL PG .6 | .6

I wouldnt trade Singler for Love.. But that doesnt mean Singler is better. I hate to defend someone like Love(because i dislike him).. but He is very good.
    Last edited by DukeBlood; 12-09-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: My stats were bunched

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlood View Post
    Im usually all for Duke but your statement about Singler being better then Love may be... Untrue.

Singler Love
    PPG 14.1 17.3
    RPG 6.9 9.9
    A/TO .53 1.27
    FG % 57.6% 56.6%
    FT% 82% 73%
    BLK PG 1 .5
    STL PG .6 .6

I wouldnt trade Singler for Love.. But that doesnt mean Singler is better. I hate to defend someone like Love(because i dislike him).. but He is very good.
    I wasn't really thinking when I made that statement. I was high off the Duke victory and when a team is down you rip their best player and I did. I should think before I open my fat mouth.

But looking at the stats two things jump out at me. First, Singler has a better FG% and he shoots lower percentage shots. Love is a paint guy and should have a higher FG% than Singler, but 56%isn't shabby, it just shows how good Singler is. Seconds, Singler averages more blocks per game. Is it just me or does that surprise anyone else.

But looking at the stats two things jump out at me.
    One thing watching Love jumped out at me. Love is land bound...

UCLA ended up winning by 12.

I wouldn't trade Singler for Love for a number of reasons, but Singler being better than Love is not one of them. Singler will be around longer, seems like a nicer guy, and doesn't have Mike Love for a father. Those are reaons enough.

But, Love on this team with Singler would have been something special. With the way Duke is running this year Love's rebounding and outlet passing would have made a very good fastbreak team even better.

Above all else I am certainly glad that he did not end up at UNC. That slight possibility had me worried for awhile.