Something from a baseball blogger

Bee Hylinski is a rabid A's fan, blogger and aspiring author. She and my wife are friends from morning water exercise class--neither of them are spring chickens. It's cold out there on winter mornings at an outdoor pool.

Anyway, Bee has a very sweet and inspiring blog post about women/girls playing baseball. It covers a woman who is pitching batting practice in spring training and includes a short bit about Christina Taylor-Green, the 9-year old who was killed in the Giffords assassination attempt. I think it's worth a read.

Absolutely fantastic. How great is that?! Bee has my sincere admiration, wonderful job!
    GO BEE!!!!!

And one other thing Jim3K? I submit that while YOU may be "no spring chicken," your wife and Bee are two cool babes.

Update

As a kind of update to the post about baseball blogger/wannabe author Bee Hylinski, who's a friend of my wife, I copy an email Bee wrote about her novel. I guess she's not a wannabe author any more. She's now an author for real, even if Contract Year is self-published.

She writes:

I am excited to tell you that Contract Year: a baseball novel has been published! I wrote a blog post with info about the book which you can read by clicking HERE. Also check out my website at www.contractyearnovel.com.

It has been a labor of love (and some gnashing of teeth!) for the past 4+ years and I am really excited by the response the book is receiving. I hope you’ll check it out and let me know what you think.

Bee

Bee Hylinski - Author of Contract Year, A Baseball Novel. Check out my website at www.contractyearnovel.com (to learn more about it and purchase a signed first edition!)
    Also available at Amazon.com.
    I haven't read it yet, though she's given us a copy. I'll add a comment after I do. Maybe Weezie will like it.