Billy King gone?

The Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Billy King will be fired today.

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/spor...DETHRONED.html

Whither Shav, I wonder?

you had me thinking Taylor King, maybe this thread should be given a better title?

Quote Originally Posted by riverside6 View Post
    you had me thinking Taylor King, maybe this thread should be given a better title?
    Done.

Yup. It will be announced at a press conference later today:

http://www.philly.com/philly/wires/a.../12113202.html
    http://www.philly.com/inquirer/sports/12109827.html

He'll be replaced with New Jersey Nets general manager Ed Stefanski.

I'll miss seeing him around.

Officially official King gone...

lives near a number of big white buildings
    Hmmmm....might make a good AD for Duke. Different challenges but still...

Hmmmm....might make a good AD for Duke. Different challenges but still...
    I like the way your thinking, but I'm not sure BK would be interested.

Billy King Out!

Looks like Billy could never recover from the Chris Webber signing....and the fact that he drafted Ga. Techs Thadeus Young..who sits on the bench...over Al Horford who played 34 minutes last night against the Sixers and posted a 12 point 13 rebound evening...well we will miss you!

Quote Originally Posted by jfhammer01 View Post
    Looks like Billy could never recover from the Chris Webber signing....and the fact that he drafted Ga. Techs Thadeus Young..who sits on the bench...over Al Horford who played 34 minutes last night against the Sixers and posted a 12 point 13 rebound evening...well we will miss you!
    the chris webber signing?!? ha!

try signing samuel dalembert and kyle korver (who?) to 5 year $50-60mm+ deals. And korver doesn't even start! tack on the willie green signing...

I do like the high schooler they got 2-3 years ago, louis williams, and I do like mo cheeks. I think williams will become a solid starter in this league and I think mo is doing his best, but they are obviously in rebuilding mode. They have a solid young nucleus with Andre Iguodala, rodney carney, Thad Young and Jason Smith (7 footer from Colorado st) and I think mo cheeks can make something out of this team in a year or two.

also, he drafted thaddeus young with the 12th pick and horford went 3rd, so not sure what u are talking about there.

Quote Originally Posted by jfhammer01 View Post
    I'm willing to bet that if Horford had been available in the double digits that he would have drafted him. You do know that Horford was the third pick, right?

I am pretty sure that jfhammer01 is thinking of Al Thornton, who also should have been picked instead of Young, and was available.

^would make sense but the hawks did play Philly last night and horford did have 12 and 13 like he said...