Thread: Kyle Singler

Kyle Singler

Kyle Singler will lead South Medford against Kevin Love and Lake Oswego in the Oregon 6A State Championship game tomorrow at 8:15 p.m. Pacific Time. If anyone out there desires to follow the action, game updates are posted at http://www.oregonlive.com

Good luck to future Blue Devil Kyle Singler.

Bob Green
    Yokosuka, Japan

Can't wait to have this kid on campus in Durham. He will be our best forward since Shane. Mark my words. Blue Devil Nation is going to bow down to this kid.

(Sorry if I appear to be gushing, I'm just very excited)

Can he create his own shot? If he can, then with him and Hendo on the court at the same time, things will REALLY open up for the offense.

Have you seen him play in person Cameron. I love your enthusiasm. You've gotten my heart pounding in anticipation based on your excitement! Sounds like you know something. And it's ok to Gush-- GUSH MORE if he's that good!

Have not seen Kyle play in person (wish I had, though), but I have seen probably 10 or more of his games over the last couple of years and he is unbelievable. He can do it all--create for himself off the dribble, post up like a true center, shoot from 22 feet, stop and pop from 15', pass like Bird (obviously not as good as Larry Legend, but, in all seriousness, there are a lot of similarities), and can jump out of the gym (don't hold me to this but I have heard his hops compared to Tom Chambers!!!) If only...

From a pretty legit Duke source I have who has seen Kyle play in person, I have heard he will be better than Dunleavy. That is the genral consensus among the staff in Durham, or so I have heard. I think we have something special brewing in Durham in 2008.

We should keep track of all the people posting in this thread talking about how great Kyle is going to be. Then once the first sign of weakness in his game shows up, if those same people will be turning on him asking "why can't he do this, why can't he do that? he can't, he can't, he can't".

We really have no idea how this kid's game will translate to the college level. I'm sure he's got some nice skills, but let's not blow this kid up to be something we don't even have any true knowledge of and then turn around and call him a disappointment. Are his strengths really that good enough to overcome the weaknesses that almost every freshman has to overcome at the next level? That is a big question. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about this kid too. I'm excited about all 3 of them coming in. But carrying unproven expectations with them could end up being unfair.

Good deal Cameron. Thanks for the report. Very encouraging...

>He will be our best forward since Shane

I thought that was Shav!

Seriously, I *hope* he's as good as advertised, and he sure looked good in the highlight clips I've seen. But, sad as it is to say so, I've learned to lower my expectations for highly-regarded players coming to Duke.

??

Isnt the game TONIGHT?

I have read on Myblogdevils that its tonight. Also, on Oregonlive it says its the 10th.. Unless its the 9th in Japan? Sorry Bob, Im not smart enough to figure that out lol.

Well, I guess its tonight. Go So. Medford and Kyle Singler!

he needs to grow about 4" so he can play the 5 next year.