Thread: Momentary whine

Momentary whine

I apologize in advance, but I just need to vent --

I can't get home! No joke, most of the highways to my house are blocked off, due to flooding. Fortunately, our home is on a ridge, but I have to travel through lower lands to get to it, and they are underwater.

1/4 mile from my house

Here's hoping it dries out (and traffic dies down) enough that I can get home before 9PM...

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

I can't get home! No joke, most of the highways to my house are blocked off, due to flooding. Fortunately, our home is on a ridge, but I have to travel through lower lands to get to it, and they are underwater.

1/4 mile from my house

Here's hoping it dries out (and traffic dies down) enough that I can get home before 9PM...
    I thought you'd be resourceful enough to jerry-rig one of these exhaust pipes

Red face

Please send water this way!!
    Parched in Peachtree,
    Lavabe

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Please send water this way!!
    Parched in Peachtree,
    Lavabe
    I was just going to ask if we could have some of their excess!

Excess

You guys can HAVE it -- just come on up, and bring some really big storage tanks! The rivers won't hit peak flood stage until Wed. Or, you could grab some of the snow that's fallen - avalanches shut down both of the main passes into the West side of the state, so you'd have to dig through the snow to get to the rainy side anyways.

I did make it home, in relative ease once I waited the traffic out. Turns out the news radio folks were off in what exits were closed. My main exit was out of commission, but secondary was available and untrafficked. Whew.

Hmm, I may have to break my ski gear out of winter storage; the slopes open on Thursday, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

1/4 mile from my house

Hey DevilAlumna, hope you made it home okay...and look on the BRIGHT side! According to your photo, apparently some company has created a "trans fat free" butter product called Gold N' Soft! - available in a big, beautiful yellow tub. That alone is reason to smile.

-EarlJam