Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    UNC is very good. This is the best defensive team they’ve had in a long time, maybe pre-Roy.

But they lost last week, y’all. It was on TV. Of course they can lose again.

They lost to Syracuse.

It's a real shame that Gonzaga isn't the 5 seed in their bracket. They're due some payback.

Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    It's a real shame that Gonzaga isn't the 5 seed in their bracket. They're due some payback.
    I’m still fuming that UNC got the easiest bracket, when they should’ve been given the toughest. Just utter bullcrap that can’t be accounted for in any other way other than Committee bias.

Not a lot of upsets in their bracket do far so they'll be challenged soon enough.

Heck...going down 13 to Mich St. isn't exactly a good sign for them.

If you are watching the Purdue game you can see a team that can beat unc. You will also see that what unc did yesterday is what 1 seeds are supposed to do vs 8 seeds, just like Purdue.

Next weekend will be where unc will be challenged.

I'll go all in on UNC losing when/if Duke loses. Until then I'm obliged to keep my mojo positive.

Quote Originally Posted by fgb View Post
    Are you kidding me? unc owns Gonzaga like you own an old pair of Adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'll go all in on UNC losing when/if Duke loses. Until then I'm obliged to keep my mojo positive.
    Wait, what??

You think that if you’re rooting hard for UNC to lose while Duke is still alive in the tournament it might send bad vibes Duke’s way and potentially cause them to lose?

Quote Originally Posted by Music man55 View Post
    Are you kidding me? unc owns Gonzaga like you own an old pair of Adidas.
    They've only played five times and UNC has a 3-2 edge. And the only other tourney matchup besides the obvious was in 2009 when a great Heels team won a Sweet 16 matchup as an -8.5 favorite.

They haven't had much of a series to begin with and it hasn't exactly played out as if UNC has some psychological edge or something - it's not UNC vs. State.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I’m still fuming that UNC got the easiest bracket, when they should’ve been given the toughest. Just utter bullcrap that can’t be accounted for in any other way other than Committee bias.
    What is it about UNC that supposedly gives them sway with the NCAA tournament committee and the ACC conference hierarchy and basketball officials?

Are they considered to be the golden child of college basketball or what? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    If you are watching the Purdue game you can see a team that can beat unc. You will also see that what unc did yesterday is what 1 seeds are supposed to do vs 8 seeds, just like Purdue.

Next weekend will be where unc will be challenged.
    Ummm...I don't think Purdue and UNCs wins are exactly similar.

Caleb Love, Arizona and a stadium full of wild U of A fans will beat Kerolina out in LA next week.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Caleb Love, Arizona and a stadium full of wild U of A fans will beat Kerolina out in LA next week.
    Caleb Love will be a head case if he has to play unc.

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wait, what??

You think that if you’re rooting hard for UNC to lose while Duke is still alive in the tournament it might send bad vibes Duke’s way and potentially cause them to lose?
    Just how I choose to expend my energy.

UNC looks "okay", but the other 1's are on a different planet.

Does it mean UNC couldn't beat one of them? of course not....but given how the picture stacks up, it seems really premature to ask this question. I think the other 5 remaining teams in their bracket have a chance.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    What is it about UNC that supposedly gives them sway with the NCAA tournament committee and the ACC conference hierarchy and basketball officials?

Are they considered to be the golden child of college basketball or what? ��
    It certainly seems that way to me. Perhaps it was the ESPN President (Skipper) connection, or the Michael Jordan connection, or Dean Smith being revered beyond what he should have been. I’m not really sure why, but I think UNC gets far more preferential treatment year in and year out than any other team in college basketball. And it’s not even close.

Bama isnt looking great to me.

Anyone think bama can beat em ?

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Bama isnt looking great to me.

Anyone think bama can beat em ?
    Yes, they have an elite offense and bad defense so most likely it would have to be a shootout.

Bama is very mediocre. They won’t last long. Either Bama or GC will be crushed by Carolina.

Lord what I would give to see Carolina lose next weekend and for us to make the Elite 8