Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duke-Michigan

Duke-Michigan

Just got an email that the time for the December 8 Duke-Michigan game has been changed to 2 P.M.

Originally 1:30

Adjust your lives accordingly,

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hi Jim,

Thanks.... will do.

Best regards,
    Jeffrey

Just got an email that the time for the December 8 Duke-Michigan game has been changed to 2 P.M.

It being a Saturday, that is the least meaningful change they could have made. Some fans will just be 20 minutes early for the game, instead of being 10 minutes late. And the TV viewers won't miss the first few minutes of the game; oh, wait, if they are watching a noon-starting game, yes they will. The game is on CBS. Do they show a noon game? I guess they shifted our game later so they can show a noon game. And they don't have an alternate network to show the beginning of our game on. Makes you love ESPN, doesn't it?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Since I live in Ohio, I am certain that I will get this game no matter what. Wasn't sure if the Duke-Michigan game was regionalized or not? But, as for our later season game on ABC with Miami, I'm guessing I'm sh*t out of luck. There is no way that game time is not a regional setup, as ABC almost never shows a national college game. Anyone know what the set up is?

Also, I'm hoping the CBS game with NC State is within my reach as well.

I'm moving to coast as soon as possible

A cousin of mine is getting married the day of the Michigan game. Too bad. Have a nice life together.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post

A cousin of mine is getting married the day of the Michigan game. Too bad. Have a nice life together.
    Send a nice present

Send a nice present
    Oh I will. The game tape. The one I will have recorded (commercial free) from my Duke room couch

Who schedule's a wedding on a college basketball Saturday, anyway? I'm beginning to question his fan hood very seriously. Hope their kids grow up with a better value system than that

You didn't mention your cousin getting married was a Duke fan(I should have assumed however)

Shame on him for getting married on gameday, I can tell who is wearing the pants in that relationship

AHH, an extra half-hour of sleep on Saturday morning. Alternatively, an extra hour outside Cameron before the game with some frosty cold ones. Thanks, Duke Basketball!

Shame on him for getting married on gameday, I can tell who is wearing the pants in that relationship
    Lol, you have no idea She's a piece of work, for sure. I would have divorced her as soon as she picked the date

He said he wanted me to "text for updates." I said go kill yourself, I'm not texting while Taylor is shooting moon shots. I'm concentrating. We'll see where his true loyalties lie right before tip off. If he's True Blue, he'll be in front of a television set. If he's whipped (and morally defunct), he'll be at the alter.

However, I'm not exactly the best person to give advice on the value of life priorities. I was sitting in a small, dimly lit room watching Shane Battier destroy Princeton with three after three after three on a small 19-inch television screen (color fading in and out) during Duke's First Round matchup in the 2000 Preseason NIT. The rest of my family, some 40 or 50 people, were on the other side of the Church, watching my Grandfather marry his second wife.

Shane only hits nine threes in a game for Duke once in a lifetime. My Grandfather happened to marry someone as fake as plastic. Then again, perhaps I delegate priorities quite well

Lol, you have no idea She's a piece of work, for sure. I would have divorced her as soon as she picked the date

He said he wanted me to "text for updates." I said go kill yourself, I'm not texting while Taylor is shooting moon shots. I'm concentrating. We'll see where his true loyalties lie right before tip off. If he's True Blue, he'll be in front of a television set. If he's whipped (and morally defunct), he'll be at the alter.

However, I'm not exactly the best person to give advice on the value of life priorities. I was sitting in a small, dimly lit room watching Shane Battier destroy Princeton with three after three after three on a small 19-inch television screen (color fading in and out) during Duke's First Round matchup in the 2000 Preseason NIT. The rest of my family, some 40 or 50 people, were on the other side of the Church, watching my Grandfather marry his second wife.

Shane only hits nine threes in a game for Duke once in a lifetime. My Grandfather happened to marry someone as fake as plastic. Then again, perhaps I delegate priorities quite well
    i agree with every prioritization decision you made. as i had to explain to a recent hook-up of mine, duke basketball comes before everything. EVERYTHING. she was pissed i didn't come out on her b-day after not seeing her for a couple weeks b/c I had to go watch duke play on DVR. How am I supposed to go indulge in leisurely activities when there is a perfectly good, unwatched duke game on my DVR? I wouldn't be able to hold a beer i'd be twitching so violently with anxiety.

Of course

I've got to go to a retirement party for a good friend who went to UNC, and the doggone party starts at 4 p.m. Plus, it's a long drive. arrgggghhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I've got to go to a retirement party for a good friend who went to UNC, and the doggone party starts at 4 p.m. Plus, it's a long drive. arrgggghhhhh
    Just let him drift off into his senile end in holedom.

game time

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    I didn't think friend and unc were compatible in the same sentence on a Duke board.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    It being a Saturday, that is the least meaningful change they could have made. Some fans will just be 20 minutes early for the game, instead of being 10 minutes late. And the TV viewers won't miss the first few minutes of the game; oh, wait, if they are watching a noon-starting game, yes they will. The game is on CBS. Do they show a noon game? I guess they shifted our game later so they can show a noon game. And they don't have an alternate network to show the beginning of our game on. Makes you love ESPN, doesn't it?
    I have to disagree about the start time being, "...the least meaningful change they could have made." The game now starts at 0400 AM Sunday morning, Tokyo Standard Time, instead of 0330. That makes me happy!
    Bob Green

Since I live in Ohio, I am certain that I will get this game no matter what. Wasn't sure if the Duke-Michigan game was regionalized or not? But, as for our later season game on ABC with Miami, I'm guessing I'm sh*t out of luck. There is no way that game time is not a regional setup, as ABC almost never shows a national college game. Anyone know what the set up is?

Also, I'm hoping the CBS game with NC State is within my reach as well.

I'm moving to coast as soon as possible

Last year my local CBS started a second feed on my digital cable (Time Warner). When it was regional coverage, they would showed a different game then the normal CBS. They also showed a different game during the tournament. You might want to check out your cable system.

Regional v. National Telecasts

The Michigan game is a "full national telecast" and there still is no game before it on the CBS schedule.

As for the other CBS Duke games, there are all national, except for St. John's which is a "split" game and won't be shown in Big XII country.

The Miami game (ESPN on ABC) will also be regional.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Well, part of the year

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I didn't think friend and unc were compatible in the same sentence on a Duke board.
    We don't get along too well from February through April.

However, I'm not exactly the best person to give advice on the value of life priorities. I was sitting in a small, dimly lit room watching Shane Battier destroy Princeton with three after three after three on a small 19-inch television screen (color fading in and out) during Duke's First Round matchup in the 2000 Preseason NIT.

I can top that with having been in labor during the '86 Final Four. Nurse came in and tried to can the tv when the shouting began.
    Ah, memories...

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I can top that with having been in labor during the '86 Final Four. Nurse came in and tried to can the tv when the shouting began.
    Ah, memories...
    This begs the question were you shouting from the labor pains or from the game action? Second question is were you screaming at the end or during happier moments earlier in the action? I hope your baby turned out better than the game...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    i agree with every prioritization decision you made. as i had to explain to a recent hook-up of mine, duke basketball comes before everything. EVERYTHING. she was pissed i didn't come out on her b-day after not seeing her for a couple weeks b/c I had to go watch duke play on DVR. How am I supposed to go indulge in leisurely activities when there is a perfectly good, unwatched duke game on my DVR? I wouldn't be able to hold a beer i'd be twitching so violently with anxiety.
    Ya, I just don't seem to get it. I tell women that Duke basketball comes before everything and they don't always understand.

For instance my girlfriend wanted to go out to celebrate our 6 month anniversary. One problem, we played Princeton the same night in the Maui invitational. She just couldn't grasp the concept of the Duke game is more important. She then continued to get more upset when I told her I wouldn't watch the game with her(needed to watch it by myself, I know some of you are the same way!)