Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by billybreen View Post
    I heard Vince Lombardi is planning to coach the team from beyond the grave.
    it'd be an improvement...

I heard Vince Lombardi is planning to coach the team from beyond the grave.
    I want to be there to see the playcalling. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Spurrier did not recommend Carl Franks for HC job. In fact he told Alleva that he did not think that Carl was ready to be a head Coach. I don't have a god feeling about Alleva, Broadhead and a couple english professors selecting the next football HC. Those guys are likely to consult Mike Nifong before making the hire.
    If that is the case, Flash, that Spurrier didn't recommend Franks, thank you for the clarification. For some reason I was under that, apparently false, impression.

P.S. Whatever my feelings about Alleva, he definitely doesn't give me a "god feeling" either. ;0)

Go Duke!!!!!!!!! Go Devils!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GTHCGTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Flash

were you present when Spurrier told Alleva,Carl Franks was not up to snuff for the HC job?

http://media.www.dukechronicle.com/m...-3122365.shtml

Chronicle article on Spurrier's visit. I thought this line about whether or not Spurrier is a candidate was interesting:
    "He could be, sure," Duke Sports Information Director Art Chase said. "Everyone's a candidate."

I think we should just have someone upstairs playing simulated games of NCAA football and use the "Ask Lee" function to figure out which play to run.

Devils need a new stadium before we are ever to compete and attract a top coach. Good ol' Wallace Wade has served its purpose. We now need a 55,000+ seat facility to entice someone like Steve again to the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Devils need a new stadium before we are ever to compete and attract a top coach. Good ol' Wallace Wade has served its purpose. We now need a 55,000+ seat facility to entice someone like Steve again to the house.
    In other words, "If you build it they will come?"

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    In other words, "If you build it they will come?"

-EarlJam
    Fantastic new userpic. Kudos.

That's what I said!

Quote Originally Posted by steven52682 View Post
    I think we should just have someone upstairs playing simulated games of NCAA football and use the "Ask Lee" function to figure out which play to run.
    YOu must've been sitting in front of me this season, b/c I swear we could've done a better job of play calling at times by using a recommendation from any football video game.

I'm not going to get delirious yet about Steve. I'm still bitter about how he left. I understand about going back to your roots, but he could've waited until after the bowl game was over to flaunt it. I still think how that went down demoralized our boys and played a part on the loss.

Still, he must have some big brass bells if he were to come back. Either he becomes the savior or just another martyr.

Fantastic new userpic. Kudos.
    I can't get sued or anything for using/manipulating his pic can I? I've been paranoid about people we talk about reading this board ever since I got called a douchebag, on my birthday mind you, by that guy that runs the sh*ty Onion wannabe site.

-EarlJam

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I can't get sued or anything for using/manipulating his pic can I?

-EarlJam
    IANAL (BIUTBATWAABFWPCL). (I am not a lawyer, but I used to be a tech writer and am basically familiar with publishing copyright law). I am sure one of the many lawyers here will find things to correct, but here's what I was taught:

You are dodging virtually all lawsuit potential by not SELLING the pic or using it to raise money.

I don't know who the guy is, but you're probably covered under fair use assuming this satirizes a public figure.

Otherwise, you would still receive a cease-and-desist letter prior to suing. If you comply, no lawsuit.

Now, some moron could always sue you and put you through the pain of fighting it no matter what you did, but typically (and particularly if you tangled with a corp or business interest) that's the way it would play out.

Quote Originally Posted by alteran View Post
    IANAL (BIUTBATWAABFWPCL). (I am not a lawyer, but I used to be a tech writer and am basically familiar with publishing copyright law). I am sure one of the many lawyers here will find things to correct, but here's what I was taught:

You are dodging virtually all lawsuit potential by not SELLING the pic or using it to raise money.

I don't know who the guy is, but you're probably covered under fair use assuming this satirizes a public figure.

Otherwise, you would still receive a cease-and-desist letter prior to suing. If you comply, no lawsuit.

Now, some moron could always sue you and put you through the pain of fighting it no matter what you did, but typically (and particularly if you tangled with a corp or business interest) that's the way it would play out.
    Being a certified member of "The United Brotherhood of Morons" local 007, I, for one, am not interested in monetary compensation for Earl's indiscretion and violation of an image of our illustrious President. I hearby waive all rights to subrogate and/or make claim against EarlJam.

Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Being a certified member of "The United Brotherhood of Morons" local 007, I, for one, am not interested in monetary compensation for Earl's indiscretion and violation of an image of our illustrious President. I hearby waive all rights to subrogate and/or make claim against EarlJam.
    I believe the photo is of Doug Gotleib. Do you have fixation issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I believe the photo is of Doug Gotleib. Do you have fixation issues?
    Sorry. I thought he was still president of our local.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Steve Spurrier

There was a short squib in The New York Times last week saying that Spurrier was seen on the Duke campus shaking hands with Alleva. Obviously he is not leaving USC to come back to Duke. Anyone know anything about Spurrier's visit which I think, (I could be mistaken about the timing though), came prior to USC playing Clemson, ( which as a football rivelry equalls Duke-UNC basketball rivelry).

I can't imagine that he came up from Columbia to give his input on a new football hire even though I understand that he and Alleva are good friends, a telephone call could have had the same result.

Recruiting trip to the area with a stop in to Duke to pimp his son for the job. As a wise old man pointed out to me, if Spurrier were in town to interview for the position, it probably would have been behind closed doors.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC Duke Fan View Post
    I can't imagine that he came up from Columbia to give his input on a new football hire even though I understand that he and Alleva are good friends, a telephone call could have had the same result.
    Unless he also wanted a round of golf at the Duke course - which he has always liked.

Quote Originally Posted by MulletMan View Post
    Recruiting trip to the area with a stop in to Duke to pimp his son for the job. As a wise old man pointed out to me, if Spurrier were in town to interview for the position, it probably would have been behind closed doors.
    Atlanta radio suggested the same thing about his son.

The talk here in Atlanta is that Tech is talking to Edsall (UConn) and Neuheisel. Cross those two off the Duke list.

Cheers,
    Lavabe