Thread: Journeyman

Journeyman

Ummm, did I miss something or did the show completely forget to show us the scene where Dan told Jack he was traveling back in time?!?!?! Suddenly, in this week's episode, Jack knows all about it and thinks Dan is crazy. What!?!??!?!

Grrrr. Aside from that, amazing epsiode this week...as usual.

--Jason "please, please let there be more than just 2 or 3 more episodes of this show left!!" Evans

Yikes, Journeyman may be in trouble if the ratings don't jump soon.

By the way, this week's episode did 5.6 million viewers, down about 10% from last week but still better than it did 2 weeks ago.

--Jason "I am worried!" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Ummm, did I miss something or did the show completely forget to show us the scene where Dan told Jack he was traveling back in time?!?!?! Suddenly, in this week's episode, Jack knows all about it and thinks Dan is crazy. What!?!??!?!

Grrrr. Aside from that, amazing epsiode this week...as usual.

--Jason "please, please let there be more than just 2 or 3 more episodes of this show left!!" Evans
    Yes, it was early in the series when he told him. he asked if he see's olivia and then proceeds to tell Dan's wife about her.

Yikes, Journeyman may be in trouble if the ratings don't jump soon.

By the way, this week's episode did 5.6 million viewers, down about 10% from last week but still better than it did 2 weeks ago.

--Jason "I am worried!" Evans
    According to one source close to the show, the ratings don't indicate the true depth of viewer loyalty. Each week, thanks to DVRs and online downloads, approximately one million additional viewers tune in. That speaks to the fact that many Journeyman fans are young science fiction lovers who are more technologically advanced than the studio heads who only look at Nielsen numbers.
    Maybe the network execs need to look more closely at this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Yes, it was early in the series when he told him. he asked if he see's olivia and then proceeds to tell Dan's wife about her.
    Oh yeah-- I forgot about that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedawg View Post
    Maybe the network execs need to look more closely at this.
    Jason has covered this in the past, the networks now use a metric that includes DVR viewers up to 3 days after initial airing.

Who are these Nielsen families? Not only have I never been asked, I've never known anyone who has.

Of course, the way I channel surf, I'd drive those folks crazy. Give me a remote control and I'm downright dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Who are these Nielsen families? Not only have I never been asked, I've never known anyone who has.

Of course, the way I channel surf, I'd drive those folks crazy. Give me a remote control and I'm downright dangerous.
    My family was a Nielsen family for awhile around 99-00. My folks and my brother watched college sports and the news. I watched c-span when I was visiting (was working for a US Senator at the time). None of us ever watched primetime scripted shows -- they took us off the program rather quickly.

On Journeyman I continue to watch on the net. I enjoy the show, but won't ever contribute to its ratings unless it moves to Friday night, which is the only night I am usually free to put my feet up in front of the tube with any regularity (and hence why I've become a monk/psych/house watcher.

I really like this show and am holding out hope that it will survive. The sweeps episode tomorrow (ugh, make that tonight) looks like a barn burner.

-------------- SPOILER ALERT -----------------

Really great episode last night. They're doing some interesting things with the space/time continuum. What would have happened if he killed the boy? Would the man have disppeared right before his wife's eyes? I liked Dan's internal conflict about the situation.

However, I'm not so sure having his brother know the truth and be on his side is a good thing. Nor am I sure that killing the FBI agent (assuming he is dead) is a good thing either. Having them as thorns in his side makes the show more compelling. I'm not sure where they are going to go from here.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    -------------- SPOILER ALERT -----------------

Really great episode last night. They're doing some interesting things with the space/time continuum. What would have happened if he killed the boy? Would the man have disppeared right before his wife's eyes? I liked Dan's internal conflict about the situation.

However, I'm not so sure having his brother know the truth and be on his side is a good thing. Nor am I sure that killing the FBI agent (assuming he is dead) is a good thing either. Having them as thorns in his side makes the show more compelling. I'm not sure where they are going to go from here.
    Great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, episode!!! Amazing tension and drama and really clever plotting.

I found myself almost sorta thiking that it would be ok if the series ended here. It feels a bit like stuff has been resolved to an extent. We've learned a great deal about what is going on and now Dan has his brother to also help make his life work when he vaults into the past. We've resolved much of what is going on with Livia too. While I would miss it, I feel like what happened this week served as a fairly neat ending to the show. I think there are one or two episodes left before the writer's strike break. I am not sure what they will bring but I have a hard time thinking they can top the past couple episodes. I fear that the ratings will not be enough to keep it going after the strike is resolved.

I too think that killing off the FBI agent was unfortunate. But I have a feeling that storyline is still alive (as is the one with the scientist who called him in the past). The FBI agent muttered something about "they always need money..." or something like that and it was unexplained. Next thing that happens, he gets shot. I am betting that the show will explain what he meant with that line.

One last thing-- if Dan had killed (stabbed with the scissors) the young kid in the past, the older maniac guy would not have disappered in front of his wife because his wife would not have been called home. Everything that guy did later in his life (including kidnapping little girls and plotting against Dan and his family) would be erased. My wife pointed out that when Dan talks to his wife about people he saves and the such, there are some times where she must say, "huh? what are you talking about?" because his actions have changed the past in a way that makes it so that she does not have any context for Dan's conversation. Does that make sense? Sorta fun to think about.

--Jason "best drama on TV right now, bar none!!" Evans

One last thing-- if Dan had killed (stabbed with the scissors) the young kid in the past, the older maniac guy would not have disappered in front of his wife because his wife would not have been called home. Everything that guy did later in his life (including kidnapping little girls and plotting against Dan and his family) would be erased. My wife pointed out that when Dan talks to his wife about people he saves and the such, there are some times where she must say, "huh? what are you talking about?" because his actions have changed the past in a way that makes it so that she does not have any context for Dan's conversation. Does that make sense? Sorta fun to think about.
    Good point. Dan would have come back to nothing eventful, as if the guy never existed.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Good point. Dan would have come back to nothing eventful, as if the guy never existed.
    I don't know...I think that in order to avoid paradox there is no way that Dan could have stabbed the kid, as he obviously didn't. The kid grew up to shoot him, so he wasn't stabbed? Dan can change the past, but can he change his own personal timeline? There is plenty of room for the show to expand upon this, although they did a nice job of wrapping up a lot of the other plot lines.