Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn: Cameron

Attn: Cameron

What were our stakes again? Because it looks like we might have a live bet after all!

If Taylor keeps shooting like this, we may have a JJ again!

(is it me or Taylor does seem to have longer range than JJ?)

If you don't mind my asking, what was the bet?

Quote Originally Posted by wisteria View Post
    If Taylor keeps shooting like this, we may have a JJ again!

(is it me or Taylor does seem to have longer range than JJ?)
    I don't know if Taylor has JJ range (that being, if he's in the gym, he's in range), but it's pretty far. And it will definitely help stretch opposing teams' defenses when he's on.

Cameron sounded like it was ROCKING tonight! Kudos to the Crazies!
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Yes, I would certainy say we do! King Taylor (yes, I am using it. It's my creation), is now averaging 10.8 PPG and shooting triples at a 51.3% clip (19 of 37). The three-point monster has hit ten in his last two outings, along with scoring 42 points. I say monster because this kid wants to shoot three-pointers so bad I can taste it through the television set, and he usually lofts them up before the passer even gives him the ball You gotta love it.

I don't remember the specifics of who has to do what depending on which one of us lose--I believe it had to to with avatar pics, however--but I believe the stakes were whether or not Taylor would average double figures. I had also originally added in the 80 triples on the year for the King, but I don't think we kept that as part of the deal. Let's just leave it at a 10 PPG over/under. We'll figure out the rest later.

Light it up, Taylor!

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    Yes, I would certainy say we do! King Taylor (yes, I am using it. It's my creation), is now averaging 10.8 PPG and shooting triples at a 51.3% clip (19 of 37). The three-point monster has hit ten in his last two outings, along with scoring 42 points. I say monster because this kid wants to shoot three-pointers so bad I can taste it through the television set, and he usually lofts them up before the passer even gives him the ball You gotta love it.

I don't remember the specifics of who has to do what depending on which one of us lose--I believe it had to to with avatar pics, however--but I believe the stakes were whether or not Taylor would average double figures. I had also originally added in the 80 triples on the year for the King, but I don't think we kept that as part of the deal. Let's just leave it at a 10 PPG over/under. We'll figure out the rest later.

Light it up, Taylor!
    I believe it was 85 threes. I'll go back and find the bet at some point. I know I have to make King my avatar, but I don't think we ever settled on full stakes. We should!

I'm calling it a night, but we'll figure out the stakes before our next game. I like my chances! I was a little worried after Maui, but the Taylor monster () is garnering my full, devout attention once again! He's averaging 21 PPG and 5 triples per over his last two Now that obviously won't stay that way, and the first game was Eastern Kentucky, but those are some crazy numbers for a Duke frosh!

Talking Taylor King

Taylor King has the quickest release I've ever seen, including JJ's. And as Johnny Dawkins said "he's the only player I've ever seen who can hit a turn-around, fade away three", and he did it tonight! Simply amazing! And a lot of fun to watch, as is the entire team.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Amazing

I had the joy of taking my family to the game tonight - my 2 sons (8 and 9 years old) went there as Henderson fans, but all they could talk about after the game was Taylor. This guy is amazing with his confidence. To be honest, what impressed me almost as much as his 3's was his defense and tenacity. Gonna love this guy!

JJ/Taylor

JJ had more discipline and a more perfect shooting motion, but Taylor has the most amazing range that I've seen in college BB. It's a team which has so many weapons that I don't think T.King will put up the #s that JJ did, BUT who cares, no us fans, not Taylor, not the coaches. This is a true TEAM. It's going to be a great season to watch. (Such wish I was a BB player and could be on the court).

I have been off line a few days but count me as supporting Cameron and SilkyJ on King Taylor. Though we have not seen much of it yet, I have not given up on also seeing the King in a Kingsnoggle role, paired with Singler when neither Lance nor Zoubek are available due to foul trouble or matchups.

I must admit that I thought Cameron was on the short end of the Avatar bet that King Taylor would average double digit points scored, but so far he is on track.

May need a ruling on whether it was a rounding bet where anything 9.5 or better swings in Cameron's favor, versus 10.0 minimum, a good problem to have.

Pairing Zoubek and King has worked better than I would have expected. I pretty much though Singler could pair with anybody, Zoubek only with Singler, and any two of Singler-King-Lance.

Zoubek

Quote Originally Posted by ACCBBallFan View Post
    Pairing Zoubek and King has worked better than I would have expected. I pretty much though Singler could pair with anybody, Zoubek only with Singler, and any two of Singler-King-Lance.
    K is still very high on Zoubek and thinks he will contribute significantly this year. He's just getting back into shape after his broken foot. K even said (in a private luncheon so don't ask me to link to the source) that before the injury, Brian could get off the ground. He just didn't say how high...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

If Taylor follows JJ's path, look out!

JJ's commitment between his soph and junior year was amazing.

Given King's Range...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    And as Johnny Dawkins said "he's the only player I've ever seen who can hit a turn-around, fade away three"
    May I suggest:

TK may not have JJ's range, but who does? However TK's release is so fast he wont nessecarily need as many screens as JJ did to get an open shot. Also, defenses keyed on JJ. If they key on TK, Duke has other players who can beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben63 View Post
    TK may not have JJ's range, but who does? However TK's release is so fast he wont nessecarily need as many screens as JJ did to get an open shot. Also, defenses keyed on JJ. If they key on TK, Duke has other players who can beat them.
    Why is anyone comparing Taylor King to J.J. Redick? You're talking about the leading scorer in ACC history; a guy whose jersey is hanging from the rafters in Cameron. If King becomes half the player Redick was, we should all be thrilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    Why is anyone comparing Taylor King to J.J. Redick? You're talking about the leading scorer in ACC history; a guy whose jersey is hanging from the rafters in Cameron. If King becomes half the player Redick was, we should all be thrilled.
    Amen. Yes he has ridiculous range, but he isn't the world of JJ yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post
    Amen. Yes he has ridiculous range, but he isn't the world of JJ yet.

And he will never be. He's simply not athletic enough. It's great tho that teams will have to prepare for our 7th or 8th man!

JJ's best athletic trait was his endurance. That's something King can definitely get better at.

Karl Beem-

but....remember that JJ as a freshman was very slow and was really only a great jump-shooter!?

over the years, he lost his hair, gained it back, shed a lot of weight and turned into a total terror on the floor and not just so one-dimensional.

i see the same thing happening with King!

dth.