View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match against Wisconsin?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Jordan Davidson

0 0%
  • Gerald Henderson

0 0%
  • Taylor King

20 11.17%
  • David McClure

0 0%
  • DeMarcus Nelson

34 18.99%
  • Greg Paulus

57 31.84%
  • Jon Scheyer

55 30.73%
  • Kyle Singler

12 6.70%
  • Nolan Smith

0 0%
  • Lance Thomas

0 0%
  • Brian Zoubek

1 0.56%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Man of the Match vs. Wisconsin

Who was the Man of the Match against Wisconsin?

Nelson with a great floor game. As K noted in the postgame, there was a reason why King and Paulus were open for those first-half threes.

Absolute team win tonight, no one player stood out. I'm voting for Greg because of good game management, clutch shots, clutch defense, but really all the starters but Henderson played well tonight, along with King (first half) and Scheyer (second) off the bench.

Scheyer, not for his defense and rebounding, but because he wasn't afraid to take open shots and take it strong in the paint.

I voted for Greg because of the spark he provided during our big run and his steady play throughout the game. If K were an option, I would have chosen him for putting together this ridiculously fun and talented team.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Absolute team win tonight, no one player stood out. I'm voting for Greg because of good game management, clutch shots, clutch defense, but really all the starters but Henderson played well tonight, along with King (first half) and Scheyer (second) off the bench.
    Don't you mean Lance? I thought Henderson was solid tonight.

Now that you mention it, Lance wasn't great, either, and really may not have gotten that many minutes? But I thought Henderson was trying too hard and failing to finish repeatedly.

Demarcus really had a great all-around game. About 1/2 way through the 1st half, I thought "Man, Demarcus is playing well tonight". Right about that point Dickie V made one of his few game observations noting that he hadn't scored yet...

A similarly good game by Scheyer. He's my runner up MOM

So many people played well, but I have to go with Singler. He really showed his toughness tonight after getting bloodied and cheap-shotted, and he didn't let it affect his game at all.

Great win, and I'll give the nod to Paulus for his shooting and his fire. Could easily have given it to Singler or King. Wow, is this team fun to watch.

I voted Jon Scheyer. 9 boards! We really didn't get punished on the glass like I thought we would, Illinois really hurt us on the glass, but our guards were spectacular, in particular, Scheyer. His hustle was amazing.

I voted for King Taylor because he won rock paper scissors! What a great team win.

Quote Originally Posted by dukeENG2003 View Post
    I voted Jon Scheyer. 9 boards! We really didn't get punished on the glass like I thought we would, Illinois really hurt us on the glass, but our guards were spectacular, in particular, Scheyer. His hustle was amazing.
    Scheyer was killing people on the boards tonight. At Buffalo Billiards tonight, Viking Guy mentioned how he was everywhere on the defensive end, and I agreed. For how small he looked down there, to grab 9 boards is awesome and indicative of his great effort. A truly excellent game by Jon. He gets my vote.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

I was torn between Nelson and Scheyer watching the game. Paulus scored a lot of points, but most of those were the result of someone else making the play. Plus, he got beat quite a bit on D. I don't want to become a plus/minus robot, but in the end that edge lifted Scheyer over Nelson when I voted. Both had terrific floor games.

Jon Scheyer for the same reasons as dw... also I'm posting only to point out that at the time I voted, the MOTM voting very eerily resembles a Poisson distribution with Greg Paulus as the mean. That is all.

haha, just look at the poll! so many players getting votes...it was really a great team effort.

It was difficult to pick on player, but I went with DeMarcus. I thought he gave us great energy when we looked winded in the second half. Also, his seven assists were key...as Coach K noted, several of them led to big threes. Finally, that second half dunk was absolutely nasty. I have no idea how it looked on TV, but it was vicious and awe-inspiring in person.

M. Tullius

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Finally, that second half dunk was absolutely nasty. I have no idea how it looked on TV, but it was vicious and awe-inspiring in person.

M. Tullius

ESPN had THE WORST angle in the world for that dunk. All we got to see was the lower part of the players body, and the ball dropped, and the crazies went crazy. It was ridiculous. Lucky that they replayed it with a good angle.

I voted for Paulus but after looking at his line, I'd say it was Nelson. 9 pts, 7 rebs, 7 assists, and a great defensive effort. Great arguments in favor of Scheyer and King too.

DeMarcus Nelson 9 points, 7 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals and 2 blocks - nuff said