Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.

Duke MBB vs. Wisconsin Post-Game Thread

Post your post-game thoughts here.
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

It's good to be the King.

WOW
    that is all I have to say

and i like bob harris on Markie's dunk:
    "Over the head, tomahawk, jibity jam, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT"

We really gotta come up with a new name for this ACC-Big Ten event.

Isn't it about time for a made-for-TV ACC-SEC Challenge?

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    Well, "SMACKDOWN" would be appropriate, but I think it's already taken...
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by Duvall View Post
    ACC Smackdown.

ACC Tuesday Night Raw.

ACC Paint your Wagon.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

The Annual ACC Big Ten Non-Challenge

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by godukecom View Post
    WOW
    that is all I have to say

and i like bob harris on Markie's dunk:
    "Over the head, tomahawk, jibity jam, WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT"
    Terrific defensive intesity in the first half. Our quickness overwhelmed their size.

If only I could listen to Bob Harris instead of the oblivious Dicky V and his partner. Only Dick Vitale can talk incessiantly for nearly two minutes without acknowledging or realizing that a technical foul has been called.

Game Thoughts

Wow. I did not expect that easy a win by Duke. I thought Wisconsin's size would give Duke trouble- but Duke's quickness and ability to shoot the three was the difference. It was a team effort for sure. Paulus had a great game- handling and shooting. Scheyer did all the dirty work tonight- 9 rebounds- hit some throws and handled the ball well under pressure. Nelson does scoreless in the first half and then explodes in the second half. King again did his thing- his shooting helped to break it open. He is a weapon. Singler played a strong game. He can and will do more but you have to like how he lets the game come to him. Henderson needs to watch Singler and try to make the simple play first- he tries too hard to do the spectacular when it is not needed. Smith played better tonight- he is close to breaking out. The D was great tonight and the team is really playing well together- very, very unselfish basketball. This team is fun to watch.

Scheyer

Didn't Jon Scheyer dominate on defense tonight? And isn't that what Blue Devil bball is all about? At least 9 rebounds! Forget his scoring. This must be one of if not his best game at Duke.

It's always nice to lay the smackdown on the gf's alma mater. And the best part is we get to do it again next year.

DBB Called it in the pre-ingame thread

"I don't mean to sound to harsh, but I think you guys are giving your team very little credit. I really do not expect this game to be that close, sure they are big, but how many times have they played in Durham? The fact is this team of ours is miles ahead of the team we had last year at this time. I am not positive but Wisconsin is not ranked are they? I mean I know anything can happen, but the most likely thing to happen tonight is Duke winning. I think we jump out early and they never get back into it."

Hope no one really thought they had a steal with a -9 spread...

I thought going to stall-ball at around 8 to go or whatever was the absolute right decision. We were getting tired, and Wisconsin was scoring every trip down the floor there for a bit. It worked great, disrupting the Badgers' rhythm and increasing the time pressure on them, which led to some forced shots and turnovers, and to rebuilding the big lead.

Very odd officiating tonight on the block-charge calls, both ways. They might as well have flipped a coin.

Duke is really exciting to watch. Great game plan by K.

dukelifer:Wow. I did not expect that easy a win by Duke. I thought Wisconsin's size would give Duke trouble- but Duke's quickness and ability to shoot the three was the difference. It was a team effort for sure.

A part of this team is a coach who had a great plan and it worked!
    What a game. The crowd was great. I still have that wonderful "Cameron" tinnitus... I love it!

wow wow wow

We absolutely dominated a good Wisconsin team! To maintain a 20 piont lead for most of the game! I am so damn proud.

Taylor King can hit a 3 from the Chapel! Everytime I yelled at TV, "no way!", and his shot would drop touching nothing but net. Unreal!

I love the leadership that Markie has shown so far this year. He was terrific on defense in the first half, and when the other players' shots weren't falling in the second half, he was just determined to drive and score. Great job.

And Scheyer with 9 rebounds! The one play where he just slashed into the paint full of UW players and snatched the rebound in a flash...wow...I was like, "what? where the hell did he come from?"

And Paulus always shines in big games, doesn't he? just like last year's MSG game...I am looking forward to this year's NY trip already.

I love our team. There's no better way to put it.

That was a much easier win than I expected. Duke spread out Wisconsin and the Badgers were helpless to guard our drive-and-kick game, and the stats reflect this by way of our advantage in 3-pointers and free throws. Wiscy will end up being a tournament team and upper division Big 10 team, so this win will look even better at the end of the season. We were just a bad matchup for them tonight. It was almost kinda like a Big 10 football team like Michigan going against a spread offense like Oregon. Wiscy can't operate in space and they need to go up against more traditional, pack-it-inside offenses to have success. As for Duke, we played so well, it's hard to single out any one area. This team, and King and Paulus in particular, will have games in Cameron where they just shoot opponents out of the game. Their soft shots combined with Cameron's soft rims create a cool destined-to-go-in funnelling effect when the ball touches rim. Some of King's shots looked like he was rolling a skeeball over the cup, they were so soft. It's just beautiful to watch him shoot.

I just realized that Lance didn't get too involved, which is a little surprising since he's played well the previous two games.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    If only I could listen to Bob Harris instead of the oblivious Dicky V and his partner. Only Dick Vitale can talk incessiantly for nearly two minutes without acknowledging or realizing that a technical foul has been called.
    I know a lot of people have a problem with the delay when watching a game with the radio on, but I got used to it a while ago. Train yourself to think of the shot/block/whatever you heard described 6 seconds earlier as a super instant-replay when you see it happen.

(Clemson just won, by the way)

I haven't listened to the TV broadcast in forever, in any sport.

It was more like 12-15 seconds of delay for me tonight watching on DirecTV and listening on XM. Sometimes they would be more than a whole possession out of sync.