Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

GT -- legends in their own minds

1. For a kid that couldn't get into GT, they sure recruited Avery hard. Remember, he was a Georgia native who never even considered his hometown school. Basically, Will had solid test scores but bad grades. He told K he wanted to go to Duke, and K told him to go to Oak Hill and get his house in order. It was a situation where Will lived in a depressed area with a weak education system. Once Will got away from bad influences/bad situation (community, not family), his scholastic performance took off.

2. How the h-e-double hockey sticks can GT claim the academic high ground. They may have to take Calc (even though they all major in Management), but apparantly most of them cheat. Remember the cheating scandal from 2 years ago when a big portion of the Baseball and football teams were ruled ineligible. Apparantly it was systemic (but "unknown" by anyone in the athletic dept), and there was a lot of speculation that it had gone on for years.

So, I think I will continue to occupy the high moral ground in the ACC when it comes to academics.

Patrick Yates

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Yates View Post
    1. For a kid that couldn't get into GT, they sure recruited Avery hard. Remember, he was a Georgia native who never even considered his hometown school.
    I wouldn't have considered Augusta State if I were an ACC-caliber recruit either.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Did they conveniently ignore Lewis Clinch?

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post

Without knowing much of the specifics, I would guess that most Duke players could indeed get into Tech. Thoughts?
    Stephon Marbury didn't seem to have any trouble getting into Georgia Tech University.

Yeah! Georgia Tech is awful. The only reason they even have the engineering school is because UGA already had everything else! I don't know if that's true at all but that's just what we say here in Athens.

mmmmm...Threads that make fun of Georgia Tech, I love it!