Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Parts Unknown

    Sean Taylor dies

    According to published reports from the Associated Press:

    Washington Redskins safety Sean Taylor died early Tuesday, a day after he was shot at home. He was 24.

    Family friend Richard Sharpstein said Taylor's father told him the news around 5:30 a.m.

    "His father called and said he was with Christ and he cried and thanked me," said Sharpstein, Taylor's former lawyer. "It's a tremendously sad and unnecessary event. He was a wonderful, humble, talented young man, and had a huge life in front of him. Obviously God had other plans."

    Redskins safety Sean Taylor dies a day after being shot in the leg

  2. #2

    Unhappy Sean Taylor is dead...

    This is so sad. There was encouraging news last night, but Sean passed away in the night. Radio here in DC is saying that there was a break-in last week, when things were stolen and a kitchen knife was left on a bed. Sean was visiting the home with his girlfriend, who is reportedly actor Andy Garcia's niece, and year-old daughter to look into the break-in and set the house to rights. According to the girlfriend, they were awakened by loud noises. Sean got up and grabbed a machete to investigate. Before he could leave the room, the locked door was smashed in. Two shots were fired, one hitting Taylor in the groin and severing his femoral artery. No one else was injured, and his daughter slept through the whole thing. Reports also say that the phone lines to the house were cut before the attack, and that Taylor's girlfriend had to call 911 on a cell phone. Sean Taylor was 24.

    Given Sean's history, you have to wonder if this wasn't a setup the whole time to get him to come there , so they could shoot him. Given the kitchen knife, which sounds to me like a message, and the location of the injury, I'm wondering if they weren't trying to "de-man" him for lack of a better term and just missed. Or maybe they were just trying to shoot him in the leg to, again, send a message. Either way, this is just wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially his daughter.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406
    http://www.redskins.com
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  3. #3
    This just shows you never know these days...

    So sad.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta, GA (Buckhead)
    Heard the news this morning and was shocked. Just before going to bed last night, I heard he was out of a coma and was responsive. Thought this was a very good sign. Very shocking and sad indeed.

    -EJ

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    Given Sean's history, you have to wonder if this wasn't a setup the whole time to get him to come there , so they could shoot him. Given the kitchen knife, which sounds to me like a message, and the location of the injury, I'm wondering if they weren't trying to "de-man" him for lack of a better term and just missed. Or maybe they were just trying to shoot him in the leg to, again, send a message. Either way, this is just wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially his daughter.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3129406
    http://www.redskins.com
    I wondered the same thing. It certainly seemed strange that someone would break in, and rather than run away when they realized someone was home, would shoot only one person, and in the groin versus the torso. I am somewhat anxious to find out the rest of the story.


    I am a Blue Devil worshiper!

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    ..... According to the girlfriend, they were awakened by loud noises. Sean got up and grabbed a machete to investigate. Before he could leave the room, the locked door was smashed in. Two shots were fired, one hitting Taylor in the groin and severing his femoral artery. No one else was injured, and his daughter slept through the whole thing. Reports also say that the phone lines to the house were cut before the attack, and that Taylor's girlfriend had to call 911 on a cell phone. Sean Taylor was 24.

    Given Sean's history, you have to wonder if this wasn't a setup the whole time to get him to come there , so they could shoot him. Given the kitchen knife, which sounds to me like a message, and the location of the injury, I'm wondering if they weren't trying to "de-man" him for lack of a better term and just missed. Or maybe they were just trying to shoot him in the leg to, again, send a message. Either way, this is just wrong. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family, especially his daughter.

    Hi,

    I also think there is much more to this story and it was not random. Kicking in a locked bedroom door and immediately shooting only one of the occupants are not the signs of a robbery or burglary.

    It really sounds like Sean had recently done a lot to mature and improve his life. I hope something in his past did not catch up with him right when he was pulling away.

    Regardless, this is extremely horrible and sad beyond words! I hope they find the loser who is responsible and deal with them accordingly.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey

  7. #7
    Also sad to hear his Redskins teammates talk about the matter. I think it was Clinton Portis that expressed feelings of guilt when he said that he wished they could have talked Sean into coming back on the plane with the team. There's just no way to anticipate something like this ever happening. Truly horrible for the Taylor and Redskins family.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hi,

    I also think there is much more to this story and it was not random. Kicking in a locked bedroom door and immediately shooting only one of the occupants are not the signs of a robbery or burglary.

    It really sounds like Sean had recently done a lot to mature and improve his life. I hope something in his past did not catch up with him right when he was pulling away.

    Regardless, this is extremely horrible and sad beyond words! I hope they find the loser who is responsible and deal with them accordingly.

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey

    From what I hear from people down in Miami, most think that it is related to the gun charge from a couple years back, and that the 2 break-ins are also related. Truly sad to see a guy who had turned his life around meet such a tragic end, especially one from the U who had found a new lease on life with the birth of his daughter.

    Also, the first responder to the scene was a former linebacker for the U, who is now a fire battallion chief. Taylor's father is also the police chief of Florida City, which is close to where Taylor's house is. Let's hope that this means the *@!#$*% that did this is brought to justice quickly.

    R.I.P. #26 Sean Taylor
    2003-2004 HLM

    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

  9. #9

    I assume...

    that the #26 refers to his number at UM? As a Redskin, he was #36 and #21. JFYI
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    that the #26 refers to his number at UM? As a Redskin, he was #36 and #21. JFYI
    Yes, #26 at UM
    2003-2004 HLM

    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Sean Taylor was my favorite player on the Redskins. I was driving on the beltway yesterday and saw that someone had painted their car with "We love you #21". It was the closest I came to crying in about ten years. RIP Sean.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lompoc, West Carolina
    Three men are detained for questioning today.

  13. #13

    now it says...

    Quote Originally Posted by captmojo View Post
    Three men are detained for questioning today.
    four have been arrested, and that confessions have been made.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071201/...s_taylor_slain
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  14. #14

    you know...

    I always thought those "creative punishment" threads were fun, and there's just such an easy one for this one. When the true guilty parties are found for sure, you line them up and each of Taylor's teammates gets to put on his gear and take a free shot. I'm sure guys like Clinton Portis and Laron Landry could make up for Suisham and Frost. Or how about a nice game of "smear the innapropriate derrogative for homosexual", where one of the guilty parties is always carrying the ball?
    LET'S GO DUKE!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bjornolf View Post
    I always thought those "creative punishment" threads were fun, and there's just such an easy one for this one. When the true guilty parties are found for sure, you line them up and each of Taylor's teammates gets to put on his gear and take a free shot. I'm sure guys like Clinton Portis and Laron Landry could make up for Suisham and Frost. Or how about a nice game of "smear the innapropriate derrogative for homosexual", where one of the guilty parties is always carrying the ball?
    if what they are saying tonight is true, i really don't get these guys. if you break into a house under the assumption that nobody is home but find out that the owner actually is, why wouldn't you hightail it out of there rather than knock down a locked bedroom door to commit murder? either those guys were whacked out on drugs or there is more to it.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2007

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by dukie8 View Post
    if what they are saying tonight is true, i really don't get these guys. if you break into a house under the assumption that nobody is home but find out that the owner actually is, why wouldn't you hightail it out of there rather than knock down a locked bedroom door to commit murder? either those guys were whacked out on drugs or there is more to it.
    Hi,

    This does not make any sense to me either. If they thought the house was empty, then why were they armed and ready to shoot?

    Best regards,
    Jeffrey

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC

    bummed

    First let me say that as a long time Redskins fan, it hurts to lose one of our own like this. Can't say ST was my favorite Redskin (loved his talent, didn't care to much for the trouble/image) but I can say that I truly hate his senseless death. I'm very curious to hear more information on this. Naturally the people involved are saying that they were just there to rob the house because it means they didn't premeditate a murder. In other words I'm sure their lawyers are telling them what to say to try to get them charged with lesser crimes. Don't know if we will ever get to know the truth but I'd like to know.

  19. #19
    I don't understand how breaking into someone's home AND a locked bedroom with a gun then shooting the home owner, is not premeditated murder.

    If they thought he wasn't home, why bring a gun? Obviously they thought they would encounter some resistance, whether it be breaking in or running away otherwise they wouldn't have brought a gun. Or am I thinking too much?


    I am a Blue Devil worshiper!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TillyGalore View Post
    I don't understand how breaking into someone's home AND a locked bedroom with a gun then shooting the home owner, is not premeditated murder.

    If they thought he wasn't home, why bring a gun? Obviously they thought they would encounter some resistance, whether it be breaking in or running away otherwise they wouldn't have brought a gun. Or am I thinking too much?
    I know what you are saying and I just don't know, you'll have to ask all the lawyers because I agree with you. As far as I'm concerned the reports that are getting out about it not being premeditated are someone trying to cover their a$s and PR, etc. I will say this....if I was a low life POS that was going to break into someone's house, I have a feeling I'd want to have a gun with me just in case. At the same time, they knew who's house they were in. I think that if I broke into his house thinking he wasn't there and it turned out it he was there, I'd leave in a hurry because nothing good can happen after that. I'm still struggling with the reality of the whole thing and I hope I never find out first person what it's like to break into someone's house like that.

Similar Threads

  1. Sean Dockery
    By gotham devil in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-07-2008, 01:20 AM
  2. Sean Renfree
    By pless55 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 02:22 AM
  3. terrible news...Sean Taylor
    By 365Duke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 12:01 AM
  4. Sean Williams
    By SilkyJ in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 08:16 PM
  5. Sean S. staying at UVA
    By dukemomLA in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2007, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •