Kristen Chenoweth and "Pushing Daisies"

Not sure if anyone here watches this show, but my wife does.

And holy moly if this woman from Wicked isn't one of the more attractive ladies I've seen of late. Yikes. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling the director just looks for reasons to script her into a very low cut dress.

I have tried to keep this as PG as possible, but it is hard. *cue Michael Scott*

Anyone else seen this show and in particular this lady?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post

And holy moly if this woman from Wicked isn't one of the more attractive ladies I've seen of late. Yikes. I may be wrong, but I get the feeling the director just looks for reasons to script her into a very low cut dress.

I have tried to keep this as PG as possible, but it is hard. *cue Michael Scott*

Anyone else seen this show and in particular this lady?
    Yes, I'm watching last week's episode on my TiVo right now. She's amazing, especially since she sang "Birdhouse in my Soul" in an earlier episode. I wish they would incorporate more songs.

Fun fact: she was the real life inspiration for the character Harriet from Studio 60.

Maybe it's just 'cuz I'm a girl, but goodness, she annoys the bejezus out of me. She's what, 4'3"? And her voice is higher than the munchkins of Oz; when not singing, she sounds like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Then again, I haven't watched much of the show, just recalling her from The West Wing, and two remade-for-TV musicals, The Music Man and Annie. I guess she's pretty (she was 1st runner up for Miss Oklahoma), but those other things drown it out.

I think it is safe to say it is because you are a girl.

I don't know. My wife and mom both love her. And I'm sure there are dudes who don't like her as well.

Still, I think she rocks, and if you aren't watching this show you are really missing out.

last year she co-starred with Robin Williams and (IIRC) Jeff Daniels in the summer comedy RV. I understand she is an accomplished singer of the Broadway variety.

This is my favorite new show of the season, and I happen to think Kristin Chenoweth is adorable. I just watched (via DVR) the episode with the crash-test dummies where she does the musical number while dancing around Digby - priceless television.

I believe she also did Oklahoma! on Broadway.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    last year she co-starred with Robin Williams and (IIRC) Jeff Daniels in the summer comedy RV. I understand she is an accomplished singer of the Broadway variety.
    I'll try not to hold that association with Robin Williams against her

That's what she said!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ash View Post

I agree, and I'm male. She's a little much to take, and I don't find her that attractive. That said, she's enormously talented, and I really like what they've done with her character. It would have been easy to make Olive the villain, but the way she's developed is much more interesting.

Pushing Daisies is my favorite show on TV right now, and probably will be until Lost starts again. (I'm also very happy that the writing on House has picked up this year after it stumbled a bit last season.) Funny thing, though: as I was watching an episode just last night, I told my wife that if there was a Pushing Daisies drinking game, it would involve cleavage. The show seems to love cleavage.