Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by TNTDevil View Post
    I was/am a big Ted Roof supporter and was all for giving him one more year until... the decision to play for the field goal in the UNC game. That was just plain stupid. More stupid than the decision, at the last UNC game in Kenan, to put in an ice cold Mike Schnieder (sp?) because "he can run the two-minute offense better than Zack."

Say what? With all due respect to Mike, he was always terrible and Zack deserved the opportunity to win, or lose, that game. He was the one who had gotten us into position to win.

Then while watching this year's cluster#$@* unfold, my wife says "it's going to come down to a field goal" to which I replied: No f'ing way! Our kickers can't make it from the extra point stripe! Then, well, the rest is history.

I believe it was Jim that said in the "Duke v. UNC" thread that we should have "been playing like we were down four points. Touchdown or nothing."

Ted, I know you won't read this but, damn man, what the #$^% were you thinking!?!
    OH MY G*D! when they took their foot off the gas on that last drive with 90 secondds to go, i thought the exact same thing. 10 - 12 yards per pass and the clock stopped every first down and they decided to STOP!

i couldn't believe it. i thought that was what made the leaks come true.
    Duke '96
    Cary, NC

Re. the presser: JA's comments on recruiting seemed to me to be just weird.

Whatever Roof's failings, he recruited hard and upped our talent level. When I'd see the players he was bringing in despite the abysmal record, I'd just shake my head. How did he do it? The guy was losing every game and, according to Rivals and Scout, bringing in really good classes. That's a good recruiter.

Recruiting didn't seem to be the problem. Wake was always ranked right around us nationally in recruiting and won games. I always felt like if Ted had actually won some games, his recruiting would've really gone wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Capn Poptart View Post
    Re. the presser: JA's comments on recruiting seemed to me to be just weird.

Whatever Roof's failings, he recruited hard and upped our talent level. When I'd see the players he was bringing in despite the abysmal record, I'd just shake my head. How did he do it? The guy was losing every game and, according to Rivals and Scout, bringing in really good classes. That's a good recruiter.

Recruiting didn't seem to be the problem. Wake was always ranked right around us nationally in recruiting and won games. I always felt like if Ted had actually won some games, his recruiting would've really gone wild.
    Recruiting is a problem. Under Roof's tenure, he has finished no higher than 11th in the ACC consensus rankings. Those numbers are directly related to losing and academic restrictions. Obviously, Wake is getting more from their talent which is another sign, but do not forget they have been redshirting longer.

Originally Posted by Bluedawg
    Cower, Spurrier, J. Johnson, Chow are pipe dreams. Realism needs to rule at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    i have to agree.

MAR-TY! MAR-TY!
    Like I said, Realism needs to rule at some point. Marty is not coming...sorry.