Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TOTALLY agree CTO-- I really do....

Quote Originally Posted by devildownunder View Post
    It's also a bit inflated, due to the ACC's up year (unavoidable and common) and our meticulously planned OOC schedule (completely our doing).

I don't think they'll discount it enough to keep us out of the tournament but I think it will hurt our seeding some.
    I'm pretty sure the committee won't be "discounting" our SOS at all. I predicted an 8 seed as well but making the tournament is a 100% lock. I'll wager anything that Duke makes the field of 65. Dollars to doughnuts, body parts to monopoly money. It's mathematical law. Just as 2+2=4, Duke will make the NCAA tournament this year.

yep, we'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I'm pretty sure the committee won't be "discounting" our SOS at all. I predicted an 8 seed as well but making the tournament is a 100% lock. I'll wager anything that Duke makes the field of 65. Dollars to doughnuts, body parts to monopoly money. It's mathematical law. Just as 2+2=4, Duke will make the NCAA tournament this year.
    I don't disagree with anything you've said here. We are a lock for the tournament. My point was that some seem to think our SOS and RPI will garner a 6 seed, or even a 5. I don't see that happening, in part because I do believe we are a paper tiger.

duke/kentucky

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    The committee has tried several times to set up Regional Final matchups between Duke and Kentucky over the years. And it worked in 1998. They also tried it in 2001 (and failed as UK lost in the Sweet 16 to USC) and in 2005 (and failed as we lost to Michigan State in the Sweet 16). And, since both Duke and Kentucky are probably fit as 8 or 9 seeds this season, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the committe tried to match us up in the First Round to play one another. That would be a HUGE First Round game, maybe the biggest ever.
    It would be the most hyped first-round game ever, that's for sure. My favorite NCAA duke/uk bracketology was the 2001 example you sited. That year not only were we in the same region as Kentucky, they even sent us both to Philadelphia, the very site of The Perfect Game.