Nate James fired at Austin Peay

I hate this. Dude only had 2 years on the job and they kept switching conferences. Give him a chance!

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/sta...58005513322496
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

That didn’t take long. Jimminy crickets.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Damn. He'll be on the sidelines again, looking forward to seeing where his next stop and position is.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I understand the desire to be a head coach and run your own team, especially in this case for Nate, who is now in his mid-40s. But in choosing a job, you have to make sure that it is a good opportunity and not one where you are being set up to fail no matter what you do. It seems like that might have been the situation here.

I hope Nate lands in a good situation and hopefully gets another opportunity as a head coach if he wants that.

And if he doesn’t, everyone move over a little and make room for him back on the Duke bench. There should always be a spot for Nate here. I know it doesn’t work like that with limitations on assistants etc but still the sentiment is there.

Nate James will land on his feet. Don’t know if Scheyer would bring him back, but I could see Coach Capel bringing in Nate James to reinforce the kind of culture that Capel wants to build at Pitt.

I would imagine Caleb Stone-Carrawell will leave with him.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    Nate James will land on his feet. Don’t know if Scheyer would bring him back, but I could see Coach Capel bringing in Nate James to reinforce the kind of culture that Capel wants to build at Pitt.
    That would be cool. K gave Jeff a job on the rebound, would be nice to see that happen again.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Sorry to hear this. Austin Peay was not good this year. His players getting into that fight probably didn't help him. Sure, they were suspended but it reflects badly on the HC.

9F
    I will never talk about That Game. GTHC.

Hey, they've got a right to demand an immediate return to the glory days of their last NCAA Tournament win. In 1987.
    Bad officials are elected by good citizens who do not vote. - George Jean Nathan

He will land on his feet. Texas if they get a new staff probably great pay. Wojo is overdue for a gig

Quote Originally Posted by kako View Post
    His players getting into that fight probably didn't help him. Sure, they were suspended but it reflects badly on the HC.
    This was my first reaction when I saw the thread title. I’m confident Nate James will land on his feet.
    Bob Green

I can’t recall where I saw the picture but an exhausted Nate James was captured in the team’s locker room following the 2001 championship, head slightly bowed, lost in quiet reflection. James had to find his place in the Duke program, commit to a vital but supporting role That was not necessarily glamorous but was that guy in the trenches that all winning teams seem to have. The caption read something to the effect “mission accomplished“. It struck me as a pretty powerful portrait, deeply humanistic though I tend to Over romanticize these things I guess. But Nate was always the guy you’d want with you in your foxhole. (Or with you in relative safety on a littoral surface vessel If you didn’t dare get your dress whites all smudgy.). Nate James was A fully realized product of Duke basketball under Mike Krzyzewski: Tough, dedicated and committed to getting the job done.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 03-06-2023 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I can’t recall where I saw the picture but an exhausted Nate James was captured in the team’s locker room following the 2001 championship, head slightly bowed, lost in quiet reflection. James had to find his place in the Duke program, commit to a vital but supporting role That was not necessarily glamorous but was that guy in the trenches that all winning teams seem to have. The caption read something to the effect “mission accomplished“. It struck me as a pretty powerful portrait, deeply humanistic though I tend to Over romanticize these things I guess. But Nate was always the guy you’d want with you in your foxhole. (Or with you in relative safety on a littoral surface vessel If you didn’t dare get your dress whites all smudgy.). Nate James was A fully realized product of Duke basketball under Mike Krzyzewski: Tough, dedicated and committed to getting the job done.
    Nate’s a badass! I could see Jeff Capel adding him to his staff.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Reading about this a little, I wouldn't be surprised if that fight in their last game in their old arena gave the AD an excuse to get rid of Nate. They have moved up in conference, have a new arena coming and I am guessing the administration didn't like what they saw so far and are cutting bait.

This is where being part of Duke, and it's long tentacles in both college and the NBA, should pay off. I am guessing he's got some buyout $ so maybe he doesn't have to jump into something immediately. But, unless you are at a Power 5 program, assistants don't make much $.