Thread: Health tip

Health tip

Here is a good health tip I discovered, red wine in a box. Red wine has a molecule called reservatrol which seems to be very good for combating the high fat diet we all consume. The tradition of wine, corked in a glass bottle is finally starting to change. When a bottle of wine is opened it oxidizes rapidly and breaks down in a few days, including the reservatrol. Now with the newer technology wine boxes no air is let in and the bag in the box just collapses and wine is good for over a month. The wine is cheaper for the same quality and it stores easily in the fridge or kitchen counter, it won't break and best of all there is now quality wine available in boxes. I particularly like the "Black Box" brand which has gotten good reviews, I bought a box of merlot and find it quite good.

Well, darn, in that case I was more healthy over this holiday than I thought!

Don't forget to go for that long walk around the block(s) too. Heck, if I didn't have a dog tugging on a leash, I'd take the glass of wine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    Well, darn, in that case I was more healthy over this holiday than I thought!

Don't forget to go for that long walk around the block(s) too. Heck, if I didn't have a dog tugging on a leash, I'd take the glass of wine with me.
    If a glass is good, a quart must be much better.

Nah, if you drink a quart with your meal, you'll lose the whole thing, and won't even remember how good the wine was. I keep a box of Almaden Merlot in a cabinet for easy access with meals. I get the 5 liter box for about ten bucks. It's for me, and it is surprisingly good. My wife doesn't like wine. Just lucky, I guess .