Thread: Playing time

Playing time

No doubt this team is better than last but I believe we are already falling back to a 7 man rotation which simply won't last over the course of a long season. Maybe when Dave gets back to full speed, he will earn the 8th slot but playing TK only 3 minutes the last 2 games seems very questionable. I also don't think 6 minutes of Zu constitutes being in the rotation. Take a look at minutes played in other box scores and you will see what a 8-9 man rotation is supposed to look like. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
    No doubt this team is better than last but I believe we are already falling back to a 7 man rotation which simply won't last over the course of a long season. Maybe when Dave gets back to full speed, he will earn the 8th slot but playing TK only 3 minutes the last 2 games seems very questionable. I also don't think 6 minutes of Zu constitutes being in the rotation. Take a look at minutes played in other box scores and you will see what a 8-9 man rotation is supposed to look like. Am I missing something?
    Yes! IMO, you are missing the fact that Marquette is a Top 10 quality team and Duke was in the Championship Game of an early season tournament. Marquette is going to be the toughest team we face in the regular season this year outside of Carolina. It just happens that we faced them early and the rotation was tightened to win the championship. Nine players played with seven playing double digit minutes. Zoubek's six minutes were quality minutes.

Against Illinois, nine players played and eight played double digit minutes. Eight players in double digit minutes is not a tightening of the bench.
    Bob Green

Let's wait until we've played more games before making this complaint